• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Wish I'd seen this. Hopefully someone can put the highlights up when they are available?

Edit: These are the players.

England (4-2-3-1): 1 Fred Woodman (Saudi Sportswashing Machine); 2 Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), 5 Joe Gomez (Charlton Athletic), 15 Taylor Moore (RC Lens), 3 Tafari Moore (Arsenal); 4 Ryan Ledson (C; Everton), 14 Lewis Cook (Leeds United); 18 Patrick Roberts (Fulham), 8 Joshua Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Isaiah Brown (Chelsea); 10 Dominic Solanke (Chelsea).

A really good sign that nearly all of those lads are from different clubs.

Last edited:
Wish I'd seen this. Hopefully someone can put the highlights up when they are available?

Edit: These are the players.

England (4-2-3-1): 1 Fred Woodman (Saudi Sportswashing Machine); 2 Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), 5 Joe Gomez (Charlton Athletic), 15 Taylor Moore (RC Lens), 3 Tafari Moore (Arsenal); 4 Ryan Ledson (C; Everton), 14 Lewis Cook (Leeds United); 18 Patrick Roberts (Fulham), 8 Joshua Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Isaiah Brown (Chelsea); 10 Dominic Solanke (Chelsea).

A really good sign that nearly all of those lads are from different clubs.

It pleases me that someone in the last 18 years decided to name their son Fred, I thought that name might die out. Hope to see an alfred before long as well, though I am guessing that is more a west country name so I shall look out for Plymouth and Exeter team squads next season.

It pleases me that someone in the last 18 years decided to name their son Fred, I thought that name might die out. Hope to see an alfred before long as well, though I am guessing that is more a west country name so I shall look out for Plymouth and Exeter team squads next season.

There seem to be loads of boys called Alfie who go to my sons' school. I know it's not Alfred but it's close.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I was slightly disappointed with Onomah overall in the Under-17s Euros, probably because I was so impressed with him in the little I had seen of him previously. I agree with braineclipse with regards to the lack of intensity at times; I never like to see a player (especially a central one) stopping dead in their tracks during a game (both in and out of possession). And while his pace and dribbling is terrific, he chose to do so at the wrong time too many times for me. Still, nothing that some good coaching wouldn't sort out. Nice for the other academy players to see a teammate win something with such prestige too, to go along with many former teammates getting first team appearances and one even preparing to go to the World Cup.

Fulham's Patrick Roberts looked like the pick of the squad, he hit a couple of stunners in the group stage. Dominic Solanke definitely has a bit about him too, great feet in the box to set himself up for a shot and a big lad too for only sixteen. His Chelsea teammate Isaiah Brown looked good too, Vitesse must be rubbing their hands in glee.

Academy set for Terborg Tournament

Our Academy players travel to Holland today in advance of the Terborg Tournament, where they’ll test themselves against a host of international sides.

The group stage of the competition begins on Friday, where our youngsters will cross paths with Brazilian sides Fluminese and Cruzeiro.

We faced the latter side in the final match of the IMG Cup in Florida back in December, a late disallowed goal denying us victory in the game and in the overall tournament.

Matches against Dutch outfit Vitesse and Chinese side Dalian Aerbin follow on Saturday, with the latter stages of the tournament taking place on Sunday.

“I don’t think we can get enough of these types of competitions,” said Academy Manager John McDermott.

“I think we know what to expect. It is different – the matches are shorter in duration and there’s two games each day, so you’ve almost got to click into another mode of thinking.

“But this will be the sixth tournament we’ve been to this season, so hopefully it will be pretty automatic in the way we adapt to the different styles of play and different game formats.”

It’s been nearly three weeks since our youngsters’ last outing, a narrow 1-0 defeat at Everton in the Barclays Under-18 Premier League play-offs, but John insists the lads are looking forward to testing themselves against overseas opposition once again.

“We played Cruzeiro earlier in the season and we had a disallowed goal right at the end which meant we didn’t beat them, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how our boys perform against them and the other Brazilian side, Fluminese,” John added.

“We’ve also got the blend of playing against a Dutch team and a Chinese team, so it’s a very tough end to the season.

“The boys have had some down time after Everton and now hopefully we’ll do well at this tournament, which will see out the season.”

P514_zpsf3f38dc9.png

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

FT: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Fluminense (games are 20 mins each half).

Voss

Walker-Peters A McQueen Ball Ogilvie

Lameiras Lesniak Winks

McEvoy Akindayini Oduwa​

Last edited:
FT: Cruzeiro 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Voss

Walker-Peters A McQueen Walkes Ogilvie

Miller Lesniak Winks (1 goal, pen)

Sonupe Harrison Oduwa​

FT: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Vitesse Arnhem.

Harry Winks (pen) & Emmanuel Sonupe with Tottenham's goals.

Latest score: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Dalian Aerbin

Last edited:
FT: Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Dalian Aerbin

Goals from Kenneth McEvoy, Emmanuel Sonupe & Daniel Akindayini.

Spurs finish with 7 points from their 4 Group Stage matches and wait for the result of Vitesse v Fluminense to see if they progress to tomorrow's Semi-Final.

Akindayini's goal was the 200th scored by our youth & reserve teams this season.

Last edited:
Despite Fluminense beating Vitesse 3-1, it's Spurs who qualify for tomorrow's Semi-Final when they play South Africans Ajax Cape Town.

The other Semi-Final sees Cruzeiro play Atletico Mineiro.

The winners of both games play in the Final tomorrow, while the losers contest the Third-Place Play-Off.

So we finished on 7 points, how did the other teams do?

1. Cruzeiro 4 8
2. Tottenham Hotspur 4 7

3. Fluminense 4 7
4. Vitesse 4 3
5. Dalian Aerbin FC 4 3

1. Ajax Cape Town 4 9
2. Atletico Mineiro 4 7

3. Feyenoord 4 5
4. Mexico U19 4 5
5. De Graafschap 4 1

Despite finishing level on points with Fluminense and having a better goal difference, it's the Brazilians who progress to the Semi-Finals.

Spurs will play-off against Feyenoord for 5th place.

Back