• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Do you mean players who are playing for the U21's or are we talking about any of our young players??
Personally I think those that are still out at play off chasing clubs are best where they are as the pressure they are under to get results can only be beneficial to their future development.

Oduwa,and the Ginger pele at left back. Worth a few games.

Do you mean players who are playing for the U21's or are we talking about any of our young players??
Personally I think those that are still out at play off chasing clubs are best where they are as the pressure they are under to get results can only be beneficial to their future development.

Players that are with us, I definitely agree that there is no sense in pulling a player back from a loan.

With little or nothing left for the first team to play for this season, are there any other youth players that people think should be given an opportunity in our remaining Premier League games?

I'm guessing Fryers will be given games ahead of Vlad seeing how Sherwood reacted last time out. Although I'm not sure he counts as "other youth players"?

Perhaps Veljkovic will be given some more minutes? Seeing as Winks was on the bench last time around he might be the one closest to getting some minutes? Anyone think Onomha might get some minutes if he's not injured still?

To me we should keep giving playing time to Bentaleb, Kane and possibly Fryers primarily, no need to play a bunch of youngsters, better to give some youngsters proper experience playing next to players that are used to the PL and can help them out.

I'm guessing Fryers will be given games ahead of Vlad seeing how Sherwood reacted last time out. Although I'm not sure he counts as "other youth players"?

Perhaps Veljkovic will be given some more minutes? Seeing as Winks was on the bench last time around he might be the one closest to getting some minutes? Anyone think Onomha might get some minutes if he's not injured still?

To me we should keep giving playing time to Bentaleb, Kane and possibly Fryers primarily, no need to play a bunch of youngsters, better to give some youngsters proper experience playing next to players that are used to the PL and can help them out.

I think that you are right but it might not do any harm to give some of the other players you mention some minutes from the bench.

With Dembele playing again, I think Winks won't be on the bench much more this season.
Agree with braineclipse, it's better that the youngsters that do get their chance do so in a team with experienced Premier League players.
Much better for their development than to throw all youth in at the same time.
If it was up to me - Fryers (at cb), Bentaleb and Kane would start all our remaining games.

A6704_zpsd81aac8f.jpg

Spurs are sending our Academy squad to Germany this weekend for the Düsseldorf U-19 Champions Trophy.

Ten teams will be split into two groups of five with the Group Stage matches played on Friday, Saturday & Sunday and the Semi-Finals and Final played on Monday.

The five teams in the other group are Japan High School XI, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Borussia Dortmund, Red Bull Salzburg and PSV Eindhoven.

A6698_zpsfa441e8f.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

Last edited:
Spurs are sending our Academy squad to Germany this weekend for the Düsseldorf U-19 Champions Trophy.

Ten teams will be split into two groups of five with the Group Stage matches played on Friday & Saturday and the Semi-Finals and Final played on Sunday.

The five teams in the other group are Japan High School XI, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Borussia Dortmund, Red Bull Salzburg and PSV Eindhoven.

A6698_zpsfa441e8f.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

Pleased we are doing this I loved it when Inglethorpe was taking our boys all round the world.

Winks on target for England U18s

winks_eng_730a.jpg

Our young midfielder Harry Winks stepped off the bench to score the winner for England Under-18s in Wednesday evening’s 2-1 win over Germany.

Harry, who has been an unused substitute for our first team on a couple of occasions in addition to making several appearances for our Under-18s and Under-21s this term, went on mid-way through the second half and converted a cross from Blackburn Rovers striker Dean Rittenburg with eight minutes left at Rotherham United FC.

Earlier, Rittenburg had brought England back level after Patrick Pflucke’s first half opener for Germany.

Nathan Oduwa was also a key figure in the match. Normally a winger, he played in the number 10 role and proved effective at drifting clear of his marker on several occasions.

He was withdrawn on 87 minutes, while Spurs colleague Will Miller was also introduced off the bench late in the game.

Alex Pritchard scored today for Swindon. They won 2-1 at Coventry to stay in the hunt for the play off places.

Academy set for Dusseldorf tournament

Our Academy players have the chance to test themselves against a host of top European clubs at a tournament in Germany this weekend.

The lads are jetting out to Dusseldorf to take part in the Under-19 Champions Trophy, where they’ll face opponents such as VfL Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen and Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb – in addition to hometown club B.V. 04 Dusseldorf.

Academy Manager John McDermott knows the trip will be a tough test for our lads, but he insists everyone is looking forward to the challenge.

“We’re taking a group of players who are on a good run of form,” John said. “In terms of intense competition, this is likely to be the most difficult weekend we’ve had for four or five months.

“Our boys will be playing against different styles and different types of players, and we’ve got two games a day so it’s a mental test as well as a technical, tactical and physical challenge.

“This is one of the stellar events of our season we’re really looking forward to it.”

The lads face Dusseldorf at 11.30am UK time and Wolfsburg at 4pm UK time on Saturday, before playing matches on Sunday against Bayer Leverkusen (11am UK time) and Dinamo Zagreb (5.30pm UK time).

We are in Group Two, while Borussia Dortmund, PSV Eindhoven, Red Bull Salzburg, Japan Highschool Selection and Fortuna Dusseldorf will contest Group One.

Our 18-man squad for the Dusseldorf tournament:

Akindayini, Voss, Walker-Peters, Alexander McQueen, Christian Maghoma, Goddard, Ogilvie, Lesniak, Winks, Walkes, Onomah, Glover, Miller, Ross, Harrison, Oduwa, Georgiou & Ismail Azzaoui.

A6706_zps810a3c6c.jpg

Azzaoui is a very highly rated 16 year old Belgian youngster who plays in midfield who Spurs recently signed from Anderlecht.

Last edited:
Games are played over 50 minutes (25 mins per half).

Our starting XI v B.V. 04 Düsseldorf

Voss

Winks Lesniak Maghoma Ogilvie

Walkes Onomah Miller

Ross Akindayini Georgiou​

Anyone know anything more about Azzaoui?

Tottenham are reportedly on the verge of signing Belgian teenage sensation Ismail Azzaoui.

The 16-year-old winger is the latest talent to come through the ranks at Anderlecht and is thought to have turned down a professional deal from his current club.

He is now expected to follow fellow academy graduate Adnan Januzaj in moving to the Premier League after his switch to Manchester United in 2010.

The Belgian has since established himself in David Moyes' first team and Spurs bosses hope Azzaoui can have a similar impact within a few years.

The North Londoners are keen to add to their Belgian contingent at White Hart Lane, already boasting Jan Vertonghen, Mousa Dembele and Nacer Chadli amongst their ranks.

Anderlecht's Head of Development Jean Kindermans has admitted the decision rests with Azzaoui, with the club unable to match the offer from this country.

He told Het Laatse Niuws: "When players become 16 we offer them a development plan and later a financial plan. We aren't going to change our way of working.

"We've heard Spurs are interested in Azzaoui and it's the player's right to make a choice.

"We regret he's going to be leaving us, but you can't compare this loss to Adnan Januzaj's move to Manchester United a few years ago."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-ismail-azzaoui-3205629#ixzz2zPkzPPWq

"We regret he's going to be leaving us, but you can't compare this loss to Adnan Januzaj's move to Manchester United a few years ago."

So he's a bit **** then??? ;)

Nah, always happy to see us pick up youngsters...

Edit: And we really should just try to sign all the Belgians!

Back