• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

I watched the QPR game today and as much as I understand why Redknapp plays Carroll deep, I don't agree with it. The only times he looked really bright were when he was linking up in the final third, with quick one touch passes and flicks. I don't think he has the physique to impose himself at the back of the midfield, then again I watched the defender hoofs long whilst Barton tried to do everything, often bypassing Carroll who was looking for the simple pass. For me the jury is out on him, but I do think he needs to be in a team with likeminded players to excel.

Benny was poor in patches and clever in others. I would have to say I rate him now as a back up to Rose, his level has dropped that much. The Championship really seems a poor league football wise though, I watched QPR trying to pass it around and often misplacing simple passes and Leicester just sat deep and punted it high for their fast players.

Thanks for that.

Carroll is not very big. As JGL suggests maybe an EPL loan will expose him.

Spurs U18s need to beat Brazil's Cruzeiro to win the IMG Cup Super Group in Florida on Sunday.

Cruzeiro have won their three matches and have 9 points, while Spurs have two wins and a draw for 7 points.

It's weird because I swear i saw Chris Ramsey on the bench at St Mary's today. Wasn't he out there?

FT: Spurs 1-1 Cruzeiro

Recovered from 1st minute goal to equalise through Joshua Onomah.

Cruzeiro win the Cup.

Spurs XI drew 2-2 with Brighton & Hove Albion in a training ground friendly today.

Darren McQueen & Ruben Lameiras scored Tottenham's goals...

BcLN9PlIAAASqFH.jpg:large

...Emmanuel Capoue had a run-out.

Last edited:
Luka had a way of creating space for himself but also had a way of keeping his body inbetween the ball and his marker. On top of that Luka played in a team with a lot of good movement, making space for him. Carroll is playing with Barton and O'neil in a league where a lot of teams seems to way more physical and where some challenges that get blown up in the EPL and Europe are ignored. He did well with us because we had players of a like mind and for me that's what he needs.

Academy's Florida adventure - John's verdict

A6629_zps2281817d.jpg

Our Academy players have arrived home after a week-long tournament in Florida – and John McDermott has been delighted with what he’s seen.

We remained unbeaten in the four games we played at the IMG Cup, finishing second out of eight teams in the overall standings.

And now the dust has settled on a highly entertaining week, Academy Manager John believes the excursion has served the players well.

“I can’t speak highly enough of the tournament,” he said. “Under Armour have been fantastic in sourcing the tournament and supporting us there and IMG have been fantastic hosts.”

After travelling out last weekend, our group of 20 lads had a couple of days to prepare for the tournament opener on Wednesday – a difficult test against Mexican side Queretaro which saw us run out 3-0 winners.

A 2-2 draw with Baltimore Celtic followed on Thursday before we thumped the USA Under-17 national side 6-2 on Friday – with all travelling players given the chance to start at least one of the opening three games.

Our final match was on Sunday, as we battled to a 1-1 draw against Brazilian side Cruzeiro. Had we not had a goal disallowed in the dying moments we would have won the game – and the tournament overall – but as it transpired the draw was enough for Cruzeiro to take the title.

John was in philosophical mood afterwards, explaining that such scenarios are all part of the game and adding that the overall atmosphere at the tournament has been good for the players’ development: “That’s why we go – for the heat, for the opportunity to play a game where there’s things riding on it and for the tension,” he said.

“Often within a tournament you get the highs and lows of a season all in five days. We’ve certainly got that.

“We’re still feeling a little bit disappointed but I’m sure we’ll look back on the tournament positively.

“We’re disappointed that we didn’t get that one goal to make us champions but at the same time we’ve learned a lot about the players, who’ve been under some intense pressure in some very, very good games and overall a lot of them have come out with a lot of credit.”

Pritchard was stunning for Swindon today, without a doubt he is good enough for the league above and depending how he develops the prem in future seasons.

Spurs XI drew 2-2 with Brighton & Hove Albion in a training ground friendly today.

Darren McQueen & Ruben Lameiras scored Tottenham's goals...

BcLN9PlIAAASqFH.jpg:large

...Emmanuel Capoue had a run-out.

let's hope Deadwood was there to see him and get to know a little bit more about some of his squad.

Pritchard again with a goal one to watch later on t.v. his work rate and skill level is to good for that league already, getting excited about him now.

Pritchard again with a goal one to watch later on t.v. his work rate and skill level is to good for that league already, getting excited about him now.

So two games in a row people are giving Pritchard some props. I will have to catch a swindon game at some point. I remember him being a kind of Teddy type striker. Dropping off the main line and having good link up play and a good shot on him? am i right? i have hardly seen him play so would love to know more about his style and attributes.

It's one positive about Sherwood. That he knows these guys, Pritchard is a ridiculous talent, he's so much better than Carroll it's scary and yet people want Carroll in our squad!! I hope Pritch can secure a Prem loan next year he's good enough, especially for someone like Swansea.

It's one positive about Sherwood. That he knows these guys, Pritchard is a ridiculous talent, he's so much better than Carroll it's scary and yet people want Carroll in our squad!! I hope Pritch can secure a Prem loan next year he's good enough, especially for someone like Swansea.

Can you give me an insight into his qualities. I really want to know more about his game.

From what I have seen (a limited amount I admit) Pritchard has more about him than Carroll but operates predominantly off the front man or as a wide left sided forward in a 433. Carroll sits in the middle and threads some good passes through. In terms of style, I'd say Carroll is more of an Eriksen clone whilst Pritchard has the makings of an early Mata, he certainly offers a major goal threat. I'm not saying he's as good as or going to be as good as Mata, just that his playing style and average position remind me of Mata.

thats nice to hear. We seem to be producing some pretty good level players at the moment. I still gutted we sold Caulker. Him along with Livermore, Townsend and possibley Carroll and Pritchard is a nice to see. For too long we have not produced many home grown players. Also with Bentelab and Fredericks. You have to wonder why we spent so much on squad players when we have some good youngters coming through.

Back