• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

From wiki:

Tottenham Hotspur U21

In the 2012-13 season, Cristian Ceballos played for Tottenham Hotspur's U21 side in the new Barclays U21 Premier League and scored a hat-trick against Southampton U21 In a 4-2 win for Tottenham.[12] Ceballos also netted a brace against Liverpool U21 in the Elite Group of the league on 1st April 2013.[13]
F.C. Arouca

On 2 September 2013, Cristian Ceballos joined newly promoted Portuguese First Division side Arouca on loan[14] and was given the number 11 shirt.[1] On 20 September 2013, Cristian Ceballos made his professional debut in the Portuguese First Division for Arouca;[15] coming on as a 63rd minute substitute in a 1-0 loss to Braga.[16]

He's wearing nr 11 for Arouca, make of that wht you will.... :-"

Good for him getting top flight football in a league that play in a style of football we aspire to. Anyone know what happened to that other youngster gomlett? possibly spelt his name wrong there.

FA Youth Cup 3rd Round Preview - Tottenham Hotspur v Middlesbrough

Under-18s wide player Emmanuel Sonupe is targeting a run in the FA Youth Cup as our youngsters prepare to face Middlesbrough in the third round.

We take our first steps in this season’s competition on Monday evening, hosting Boro at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium.

But although Emmanuel is under no illusions about what’s going to be required to reach the showpiece final, the right-sided attacker believes our lads can impress with the style of play we’ve seen so far in our Barclays Under-18 Premier League campaign.

“Hopefully we’ll go on a good run in the FA Youth Cup and get to the latter stages so we can hopefully lift the trophy,” said Emmanuel.

“We’ve done well with our performances and we’ve had 10 wins, two draws and a couple of losses in the league.

“The way we play, we use the wide men a lot. I quite like it because it’s based around involving wide players like me and creating chances for our strikers to score.”

Versatile defender Connor Ogilvie, who plays primarily at left-back but can also be utilised at centre-half, believes the manner in which victory was secured against Arsenal last weekend served to underline the lads’ footballing philosophies going into Monday night’s match.

“Concentration for the whole game has been a bit of a struggle for us lately but I think we did that on Saturday. As a team I think we achieved the goals that we wanted,” he reflected.

“That win has helped us now because we’ve got the FA Youth Cup on Monday so it’s put us back into winning ways.”

Meanwhile, midfielder Joe Pritchard says the lads can draw confidence from their impressive domestic performances to date – and he admits the lure of silverware at the end of a potential FA Youth Cup run is one that’s hard to resist.

“I’m really happy with how the team is getting on,” said Joe, who can also play at full-back.

“You always see from the best teams at senior level that they win trophies as well as doing well in the league – Bayern Munich and Barcelona have done it. I think that’s a really important thing for getting the next step out of the team. I think a trophy would be really good for us.”

Come and support the lads as they take on Middlesbrough at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Monday evening – tickets are £5 for adults and £1 for concessions (under 16 and over 65). Kick-off is at 7pm.

FA Youth Cup 2013-14

Last edited:
Lovely goal by pritchard again for Swindon, i hope they go up and he stays with them next season he seems to have something going for him.

Certainly looks tidy on the ball. Tom Carroll hasn't been getting games at QPR since coming back from injury. Does Harry not favour him anymore?

Certainly looks tidy on the ball. Tom Carroll hasn't been getting games at QPR since coming back from injury. Does Harry not favour him anymore?

Given our lack of creativity in CM, having him back would be ideal. Tough to throw him into the PL however given how badly we're lacking passing ability centrally, I think he'd shine

Lovely goal by pritchard again for Swindon, i hope they go up and he stays with them next season he seems to have something going for him.

Yep. Am not AVB bashing (because I do like him) however AVB doesnt seem overly keen to give youngsters a go. Thought for example that at Tromso he could have just aken 11 senior players and a bench full of kids - why bother taking Verts, Holtby etc? Think Pritchard is better to spend the next couple years on loan

Yep. Am not AVB bashing (because I do like him) however AVB doesnt seem overly keen to give youngsters a go. Thought for example that at Tromso he could have just aken 11 senior players and a bench full of kids - why bother taking Verts, Holtby etc? Think Pritchard is better to spend the next couple years on loan

The context didn't allow that. It is like Championship Manager, it doesn't matter whether the tie is live or dead, AVB would have got slaughtered if we lost that after the City game. He couldn't risk it unfortunately. Hopefully the last group game can follow big results aginst Fulham & Sunderland and the pressure is off a little and the fringe/youth players can have a go.

Pritchard is better off where he is playing first team competitive football every week. I would say the same for Carroll but he's not playing, and I'd rather have him training with us than them.

Imagine though a midfield of midgets :D (Lennon, Pritchard, Carroll, Eriksen)

Our U21s lost 3-1 at Wolverhampton Wanderers this afternoon.

A McEvoy cross was turned-in by a Wolves player for our only goal.

Action from Spurs v Middlesbrough tonight at Leyton Orient...

BagMLZkIMAANU83.jpg:large

McGee

Walker-Peters Winks Carter-Vickers Ogilvie

Lesniak Onomah Sonupe

Miller Oduwa Harrison

Subs: Priestley Vincent-Young Pritchard Georgiou Akindayini​

Last edited:
28 MINS: Spurs 1-0 Middlesbrough - Ogilvie with a powerful header from Winks' corner puts us into a deserved lead

Half-Time:

Spurs 1-0 Middlesbrough - lads going well but work still to do as we look to reach the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup

Given our lack of creativity in CM, having him back would be ideal. Tough to throw him into the PL however given how badly we're lacking passing ability centrally, I think he'd shine

carroll is nowhere near the quality we need im afraid imo.

carroll is nowhere near the quality we need im afraid imo.

I don't totally agree. Since Carroll has been out of the QPR side with injury, they have really struggled, and I'd expect him to come back to playing 90 minutes every match once he gets back fit (as he was). Carroll might not be an every week starter at the minute, but he does offer something different and I appreciate the speed of thought/passing that he brings to our midfield, that is ponderous at times. Think he'll be given a go in the first team next season.

70 mins: Spurs 2-0 Middlesbrough - It's Ogilvie at the double as his exquisite free kick finds the top corner, fantastic strike

84 mins: Spurs 2-1 Middlesbrough - Morris with a fine long-range drive that finds the bottom corner beyond the diving McGee

Looks like Carroll May have started tonight and qpr won easily 3-0 for the first time in weeks, any coincidence? Genuine question as I've seen no match reports.

I assume the youths won in the end then?

Back