• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

d*mn, the scum are through as they can't finish lower than 2nd in the group...if Athletic draws their last game on 12 Dec, we also qualified before our game on 13 Dec.

We have Grand Hall who we signed this summer, otherwise I don't think there are many that are ready. I have no idea how good he is. I don't think he's out on loan, but he hasn't been on the bench at all this season from what I can remember.

I think it would be more likely that we use Hudd or Sandro as central defenders if we get another injury (or two).

Why must put in a young defender? Super Jan at CB and the youngster at FB would be a safer option...btw, top rated young CB by Whoscored

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/rt5r7...Focus-WhoScoreds-Top-Rated-Young-Centre-Backs

I'm hearing that UEFA have muscled-in on the U19 NextGen Series and intend to take over the competition next season.

They intend to run it in parallel with the Champions League, so only clubs who have qualified for the 2013-14 Champions League can field an U19 team.

So basically, they're going to take something that's working just fine and ruin it?

Yep.

They have a great track record of doing exactly that.

They were obviously worried that they didn't have a financial gain from the NextGen Series.

I'm hearing that UEFA have muscled-in on the U19 NextGen Series and intend to take over the competition next season.

They intend to run it in parallel with the Champions League, so only clubs who have qualified for the 2013-14 Champions League can field an U19 team.

I very much doubt that that will happen.

......By which, I mean that if UEFA do indeed decide to start their own U19 competition, it will either be based on the same lines as the NextGen Series or it will run parallel to (rather than taking over) the NextGen Series.

Clearly, a competition which rewards various clubs' youth teams because of the achievements of their senior teams - while simultaneously excluding more successful youth teams of non CL qualified clubs - is hopelessly flawed at its core.

If UEFA's new youth competition is restricted to CL qualified teams, then the NextGen Series will continue without them. The competition will still include many of Europe's strongest youth teams.

Fantastic idea. Because academies like Southampton's, (with Bale, Ox-Chamberlain, Walcott, Shaw and others as alumni) obviously can't hold a candle to FC Nordsjaelland's conveyor belt of world-class talent, or Chelsea's mighty academy which has produced the sum total of fudge all since John Terry esquire.

No no, hear me out. This is a fantastic idea, which will allow young players to act much the way their older contemporaries do and demand moves to NextGen Champions-League clubs, who then fill their academy with talent we can pay to watch. What? What's that? half of these players will end up like Bostock, with their best developmental years squandered on the bench and in the youth equivalent of reserves? nonsense, I'm sure the top clubs will look after their talent. After all, Look at Chelsea, with their exquisite care of the careers of their first team buys. Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Oscar, Eden Hazard Victor Moses, Lucas Piazon, Gael Kakuta, et al all bought for one, two, maybe three positions at most....no, that is an ill-founded accusation.

The monetisation of youth football by an association which fines players more for displaying branded underwear than it does fans for displaying racism and using violence is not something that concerns me in the slightest, no sir.

bricky has one of the bricktiest youth team set-up at the moment. Their youth teams have finished bottom or near bottom in all the league format competition they took part recently. Unless they went out to steal some young talents, I don't foresee this to change soon.

UEFA has announced the launch of a new Under-19 club competition for the 2013-14 season, with the event set to have close ties to the Champions League.

The UEFA Youth League has been approved by the organisation’s executive committee. The 32 clubs which qualify for the 2013-14 Champions League group stage will also be given the opportunity to participate in the Youth League from next season. A 96-game group stage will take place between September and December 2013, with fixtures being played around or on the same dates as the Champions League at grounds in close proximity to the venues used for those matches where logistics allow.

The eight group-winners and eight runners-up from the Youth League group stage will then participate in a knockout phase, played in single matches, from February 2014 onwards. The trophy will be named after UEFA honorary president Lennart Johansson. This format will remain in place for a second year before a review takes place. The launch of the Youth League is set to provide competition for the NextGen Series, which includes 24 top European clubs and is currently engaged in its second season. “We believe that the UEFA Youth League is an attractive additional proposition for UEFA Champions League clubs,” said UEFA president Michel Platini.

He added: “We have now created a competitive opportunity for youth players to be involved in international matches at club level. It allows us to provide a development opportunity and great experience not only for the players, but also for referees, who will be appointed on an international basis. Additionally, UEFA will also bring its organisational control to these matches, which will mirror closely the UEFA Champions League season. There are benefits for clubs, as they will be able to bridge the gap between their youth and first teams, and enhance their commitment to developing their teams at youth level. Our objective is only driven by a sporting perspective.”

Fantastic idea. Because academies like Southampton's, (with Bale, Ox-Chamberlain, Walcott, Shaw and others as alumni) obviously can't hold a candle to FC Nordsjaelland's conveyor belt of world-class talent, or Chelsea's mighty academy which has produced the sum total of fudge all since John Terry esquire.

No no, hear me out. This is a fantastic idea, which will allow young players to act much the way their older contemporaries do and demand moves to NextGen Champions-League clubs, who then fill their academy with talent we can pay to watch. What? What's that? half of these players will end up like Bostock, with their best developmental years squandered on the bench and in the youth equivalent of reserves? nonsense, I'm sure the top clubs will look after their talent. After all, Look at Chelsea, with their exquisite care of the careers of their first team buys. Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Oscar, Eden Hazard Victor Moses, Lucas Piazon, Gael Kakuta, et al all bought for one, two, maybe three positions at most....no, that is an ill-founded accusation.

The monetisation of youth football by an association which fines players more for displaying branded underwear than it does fans for displaying racism and using violence is not something that concerns me in the slightest, no sir.
=D>

bricky has one of the bricktiest youth team set-up at the moment. Their youth teams have finished bottom or near bottom in all the league format competition they took part recently. Unless they went out to steal some young talents, I don't foresee this to change soon.

Which is quite surprising because 6 or 7 years ago they were excellant, bringing through the likes of Ireland, Richards and Michael Johnson. Maybe they just got lucky with those and it wasn't down to scouting/training/coaching?

Which is quite surprising because 6 or 7 years ago they were excellant, bringing through the likes of Ireland, Richards and Michael Johnson. Maybe they just got lucky with those and it wasn't down to scouting/training/coaching?

Who cares about youth team when you can simply buy stars to fill the first team? But we need not worry for them, they will buy young talents to fill up the academy soon.

U-18, 6th in a 7-team group
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u18-premier-league-tables/

U-21, currently bottom of their 7-team group, but could rise to a dizzying height of 5th if they win their game on hand.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables/

NextGen, 3rd in a 4-team group but already sealed the worst 3rd placed team spot. Still, this is a mighty improvement over last season's team, which lost all six of their matches
http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/FixturesResultsTables

They will face Sunderland in the 3rd round of FA Youth Cup on Wed. Our game away to Cheltenham is on the 18th.

Back