• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (Sunday, 12:00 GMT)

I know Tottenham got taken apart by Emirates Marketing Project last week but that is going to happen to the majority of teams who go to Etihad Stadium this season. People seem to have forgotten it happened to Manchester United a couple of months ago too.

Still, I have been reading reports that Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is nearly out and I do not understand why on earth they would be going down that road at this stage of the season, when they have got three points more than they did after 12 games last year.

I can understand some of the criticism that Villas-Boas is getting because his side have got to go through the gears quicker going forward.

They need to whip some crosses in and help Roberto Soldado out because he is a penalty-box player who is not getting the right service. At the moment the wingers are coming inside and it is very difficult for him to make the right run.

Spurs are ninth but they are also only four points off second place in one of the most open Premier League seasons in years.

But what their fans seriously want to see is their team playing the right way. I get that, I really do, but they also want to be back in the Champions League - and they need to be realistic.

They should not get too carried away by a run of good results, or any poor form such as their current run.

If they look at the bigger picture, they have signed a lot of players and Villas-Boas does not know what his best team is at the moment. He needs time to do that.

Manchester United are not the team you want to play when you are trying to get back to winning ways, but people are getting carried away with their 5-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League too.

It was an absolutely outstanding result and United are now 11 games unbeaten in all competitions, but it was not as if their performance in Germany was anything special.

Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney were outstanding but Leverkusen were ordinary at best and it will be interesting to see what team David Moyes selects against Spurs after they slipped up at Cardiff last week.

I am expecting Tottenham to come out and have a go at them and, if it is a nice open game, I can see it ending up a high-scoring draw.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Manchester United

Lawro has Spurs in 6th place on 24 points with United 4th on 27 points...

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

The twunt talking sense? We are well and truly doomed.

Well, it was sense until the last line: I am expecting Tottenham to come out and have a go at them and, if it is a nice open game, I can see it ending up a high-scoring draw.

Tottenham v Man Utd (12:00 GMT)

I know Tottenham got taken apart by Emirates Marketing Project last week but that is going to happen to the majority of teams who go to Etihad Stadium this season. People seem to have forgotten it happened to Manchester United a couple of months ago too.

Still, I have been reading reports that Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is nearly out and I do not understand why on earth they would be going down that road at this stage of the season, when they have got three points more than they did after 12 games last year.

I can understand some of the criticism that Villas-Boas is getting because his side have got to go through the gears quicker going forward.

They need to whip some crosses in and help Roberto Soldado out because he is a penalty-box player who is not getting the right service. At the moment the wingers are coming inside and it is very difficult for him to make the right run.

Spurs are ninth but they are also only four points off second place in one of the most open Premier League seasons in years.

But what their fans seriously want to see is their team playing the right way. I get that, I really do, but they also want to be back in the Champions League - and they need to be realistic.

They should not get too carried away by a run of good results, or any poor form such as their current run.

If they look at the bigger picture, they have signed a lot of players and Villas-Boas does not know what his best team is at the moment. He needs time to do that.

Manchester United are not the team you want to play when you are trying to get back to winning ways, but people are getting carried away with their 5-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League too.

It was an absolutely outstanding result and United are now 11 games unbeaten in all competitions,
but it was not as if their performance in Germany was anything special.

Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney were outstanding but Leverkusen were ordinary at best and it will be interesting to see what team David Moyes selects against Spurs after they slipped up at Cardiff last week.

I am expecting Tottenham to come out and have a go at them and, if it is a nice open game, I can see it ending up a high-scoring draw.

Lawro's prediction: 2-2

Thanks Lawro. That's comforting.

The twunt talking sense? We are well and truly doomed.

Well, it was sense until the last line: I am expecting Tottenham to come out and have a go at them and, if it is a nice open game, I can see it ending up a high-scoring draw.

Score 2 against half decent opposition
Twunt must be on drugs !

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Manchester United

:-k

You muuuuuugs the Twunt got you hahahahahahahahaha

Fulham v Tottenham (20:00 GMT)

I feel sorry for Martin Jol, who was sacked as Fulham boss on Sunday. Yes, he is responsible for results, performances and picking the team but there was not enough fight from some of his players in what turned out to be his final game, against West Ham on Saturday.

Jol's other problem was that once the Cottagers appointed Rene Meulensteen as head coach last month, they were basically hanging Jol out to dry because of the message that sent to the players.

This is a big job for Meulensteen because he is unproven as a manager. All the Manchester United players who played under him when he coached there say what a good coach he is, and we are about to find out.

The good news for Meulensteen is that I do not believe for a minute that Fulham are one of the three worst teams in the division.

They might have been in the last month when they have lost five league games on the trot but I think the players they have got are better than that, and he will be given money to spend in the January transfer window too.

His first job will be to make them difficult to beat again, but I think Meulensteen's biggest challenge is getting the dressing room sorted - he needs to get everyone pulling in the same direction and giving it their all.

If he gets that, and freshens his side up with a few new faces, I think Fulham will be OK.

I would expect to see an improvement from Fulham in Meulensteen's first game in charge but I think Tottenham are still a bit sore after losing 6-0 to Emirates Marketing Project last week and they will be desperate to end their four-game run without a league win.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Twunt said:
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has been getting some stick over the last few days but I think people have been a bit harsh on him.

As I said on Match of the Day 2, though, I don't think he should react in the way he did after Sunday's draw with Manchester United. He should just get on with it and, if some journalists want to criticise him, then just live with it. It happens to every manager every week.

After what happened to him when he left Chelsea I would not have thought he would be so sensitive but he turned into more of a sensitive soul than he was when he was at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25157313

His "analysis" of this game is as follows: Fulham have lost 5 in a row and we have gone 4 games without a win.

B#gger me silly, two exact predictions on the bounce, I await Saturday's with eager anticipation

Sunderland have a real go at teams at the Stadium of Light - they did it again in their defeat against Chelsea - and it is clear they will be relying on their home form if they are going to have a chance of staying up.

It is a big ask for them to get anything out of this game, though.

Far too much was made out of Tottenham's 6-0 defeat at Emirates Marketing Project and there is clearly nothing wrong with the team spirit under Andre Villas-Boas.

They have bounced back well from that with a good point against Manchester United and an excellent win over Fulham, and I can see them picking up another win here.

Back