• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

The decisions went against West Ham in their defeat at Hull last weekend but more worrying for their manager Sam Allardyce is that his side cannot buy a goal at the moment.

Spurs had a very good first half in their draw with Chelsea. The second half was not quite so good but, against the top teams, that is the way it is going to be.

Allardyce will make things as difficult as he can for Spurs but, with all the different players they have got, Tottenham can attack in all sorts of different ways.

That is the key for them - when they had Gareth Bale, they had a superstar who could create a wonder goal for himself or someone else but these days, their goals come from everywhere.

West Ham will pack their team with strong defensive-minded players but Spurs can pose them problems all over the place and I only see one outcome.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 West Ham United

Michael Palin's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 West Ham United

Lawro has Spurs in 2nd place in the Table on 16 points, one behind Emirates Marketing Project

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

I know Tottenham went to Villa Park and won 4-0 in the Capital One Cup in September, but this will be a completely different game.

Christian Benteke will be back up front for Aston Villa after making a faster-than-expected recovery from his injury, and that will clearly be a big boost for them.

Villa will have a point to prove after that defeat while we must wait and see whether Spurs have been unhinged a bit by their shock home defeat by West Ham.

That was not only their worst result of the season so far but, within a few hours, Andre Villas-Boas saw all his players disappear to play international football.

He will not have had much of a chance to work with them on what went wrong.

Lawro's prediction: Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro has Spurs in 4th place in the Table on 17 points, one behind Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea & Arsenal...

Mark Lawrenson's Premier League Predictions 2013-14

I would take a draw.

We have been smashing the life out of AV in recent games. It can't go on.

Spurs have won their last two games at Villa Park 4-0.

While I'm not expecting that kind of score, I think we'll manage the win on Sunday.

Likewise, I can't decide though whether Villa will close the door on us given the 8 goals against in the past two games. Or, whether they'll be open, hoping to use Benteke to dramatic effect and then we'll cut through them and it will become a game of both sides competing in a high scoring game.

Am I right in saying Villa will go above us with a win?

Come on AVB. Do some of that tactical manger ****.

Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (Sunday, 16:00)

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has a big enough squad to change his side around after their Europa League tie in Moldova on Thursday.

He could have a team just for that competition if he wanted it - Spurs have not just got some good players, they have got lots of them.

Villas Boas got the reaction he wanted from his side in their last league game at Aston Villa, following their heavy home defeat by West Ham.

But they will need to be at their best again on Sunday because Hull will test them.

Since the first half of their first game of the season, when they were outplayed by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, the Tigers have not been turned over by anyone. They got a chasing early on against the Blues but learnt from that really quickly.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Hull City

This is the first time Lawro has predicted 3 goals for Spurs this season, who he has in 3rd place in the Table on 20 points, one point behind City & Arsenal...

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

I don't get It.

Hull will test us as they learnt from their game against Chelsea, so 3-0 spurs.

In what realms of madness does that logic make sense?

I think he predicts the score first and then comes up with his analysis so the two often don't sit well together.

Everton v Tottenham (13:30 GMT)

Everton had goalkeeper Tim Howard to thank for keeping them in the game in the first half against Aston Villa last week, before Romelu Lukaku went on to help win the game for the Toffees.

People might say that Everton got away with it a little bit, but every top team needs their keeper to do that at times.

And I think Roberto Martinez's side might nick the points this week too.

Tottenham are better away from home, because they are another team who are best on the counter-attack, but I don't think there are enough goals in their side at the moment.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Sunday, 12:00)

I thought Saudi Sportswashing Machine were great against Chelsea last week. They let Chelsea have the ball then, when the Blues started to tire, they kicked on.

Tactically they were spot on and I was delighted for Alan Pardew because he is another manager under a bit of pressure.

This should be another good game. I don't think Tottenham are going to score enough goals to have a chance of winning the league but they are still a strong side.

It is up front where Spurs have limitations. Out of the two expensive Spanish strikers that came to the Premier League in the summer, Emirates Marketing Project definitely got the better one in Alvaro Negredo.

Tottenham paid £26m for Roberto Soldado but he does not look like scoring to me. He does not seem to get on the end of anything and you can see why he has only got one goal in open play in 10 games.

Tottenham do not have too many other options, though. Emmanuel Adebayor is out of favour, while Jermain Defoe is a great finisher and would score goals but you cannot play him up front on his own.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Lawro has Spurs in 4th place in the table on 23 points, 2 goals behind Manchester United on goal difference with Chelsea on 24 points and City on 27 points.

Mark Lawrenson's Premier League Predictions 2013-14

Back