• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

No, we don't.

Sunday - Cardiff
Tuesday - Villa
Saturday - Chelsea

The reason being:

Sunday: Arsenal-Stoke
Wednesday: West Brom- Arsenal

It's a little silly though, ah well...

To be honest I don't know what I would do, rest players for Chelsea or try and beat villa and just hope Chelsea goes well..

Glad it's not my headache really. There will be people complaining either way..

Who has decided Arsenal-Stoke should be part of an entertaining Sunday afternoon anyway when there's 3 other games involving EL teams (almost at the time) guaranteed to be played that day as well?

Who has decided Arsenal-Stoke should be part of an entertaining Sunday afternoon anyway when there's 3 other games involving EL teams (almost at the time) guaranteed to be played that day as well?

Entertaining-I doubt it..interesting-yes.

Makes sense to me, two teams with extremely different styles of play.

Granted Stoke are a bit **** to watch, but it's usually interesting to see how Arsenal try to cope with the sheer physicality.

Makes sense to me, two teams with extremely different styles of play.

Granted Stoke are a bit **** to watch, but it's usually interesting to see how Arsenal try to cope with the sheer physicality.

Stoke under Hughes don't play hoofball. Still defensive enough to bore you to death though.

No, we don't.

Sunday - Cardiff
Tuesday - Villa
Saturday - Chelsea

The reason being:

Sunday: Stoke-Arsenal
Wednesday: West Brom-Arsenal

Emirates Marketing Project and Cardiff also have to play Sunday-Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they havent played on the previous Thursday night though.

It was always going to be us that had to play Sunday/Tuesday, it was never going to be Woolwich

Instead of fielding a weakened team against Villa, I'd prefer to refuse to play the fixture unless it is moved

the 2 or 3 West midlands teams playing at home on Weds should have been forced to play on tues instead and then we could have played Villa on the Weds

twunts

Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday is pretty ridiculous.

There are two PL sides in the EL, right? Would it really be too much to ask to have both of them play their league cup games on the Wednesday?

I got accused of not rating the league cup highly enough in another thread, perhaps fairly. This fixture list suggests that The FA (or whoever decides when matches are played) rate the league cup even lower than me.

I wonder if there are any PL managers that wouldn't have a slight complaint about having to play Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday when there's no need for it at this point in the season. Silly by the twunt. I wonder if he would have made the same comment if it had been Mourinho or Ferguson complaining, I think not.

Imagine one of the CL teams having to play Wednesday-Saturday and then for their league cup game to be scheduled on the Monday...

Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday is pretty ridiculous.

There are two PL sides in the EL, right? Would it really be too much to ask to have both of them play their league cup games on the Wednesday?

I got accused of not rating the league cup highly enough in another thread, perhaps fairly. This fixture list suggests that The FA (or whoever decides when matches are played) rate the league cup even lower than me.

I wonder if there are any PL managers that wouldn't have a slight complaint about having to play Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday when there's no need for it at this point in the season. Silly by the twunt. I wonder if he would have made the same comment if it had been Mourinho or Ferguson complaining, I think not.

Imagine one of the CL teams having to play Wednesday-Saturday and then for their league cup game to be scheduled on the Monday...

If we were to play on Wednesday, **** would have to play on the Tuesday as you don't want both teams traveling to Birmingham on the same night. BT/SKY had already picked Arsenal-Stoke to be televised today. Sky have been doing this for years when they know there will be teams involved in the EL having their games moved as well. That's why there's so many Sunday games and why someone has to play Sunday-Tuesday. Same with the Manchester derby being today and both having home ties in the league cup.

I might be wrong here, but does the twunt have a 100% record so far in getting the outcomes right (win/draw/loss) in our games?

(still a twunt)

Tottenham v Chelsea (12:45 BST)

Tottenham are going very well and they have only conceded one goal in their first five league games. If they can beat Chelsea, this is a real yardstick for Spurs' season.

Spurs already look stronger than last year - defensively they are very good and have lots of options coming forward.

This is a Chelsea side that is in a little bit of transition - their manager Jose Mourinho is trying to make his point to one or two of the players about what he wants from them.

But the Blues have a good record against Spurs and I don't see them losing this one.

Mourinho has an over-abundance of attacking midfield players but I think his bigger problem is that he needs at least one of Fernando Torres, Demba Ba and Sammy Eto'o to emerge as his first-choice striker.

At the moment, none of them are looking like the front man he needs and the loan of Romelu Lukaku to Everton looks a strange decision.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea

Lawro has Spurs in 3rd place on 13 points, one point behind Arsenal & Emirates Marketing Project on 14...

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

Lawro's guest punter this week is the new voice of the BBC classified results, Charlotte Green.

As a Yidette, she's not surprisingly gone for a 1-0 win for Spurs against Chelsea.

Back