• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

WTF :ross: What a clown.

Is he certifiably retarded?

Where do you go with that list? Swansea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine above Spurs? West Ham in the top 10? Pool above us and Scum, Everton not even in top 10 ...

hahahaha .. wtf?

Re: *** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

Lawro the Twunt has gone for Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham.

What a game to end the weekend.

The north London derby is always explosive and, to add to it this year, it's been like chalk and cheese between these two rivals when it comes to the transfer market this summer.

Tottenham have been exceptional, and chairman Daniel Levy has got this transfer window business sorted.

He knows what he's selling, and he knows exactly what he's buying.

The quality of players coming in has been very good and he has not paid over the odds either.

Technical director Franco Baldini may well be one of his best appointments, he is across Europe, speaks a lot of languages and knows what he's doing.

He has been instrumental in some of their signings.

Arsenal, on the other hand, don't appear to have any form of transfer policy.

What have they been doing for the past three months?

You have to improve and sign better players every year and they haven't done that, and as a result the squad is in a mess.

Tottenham's best XI is certainly stronger.

We know that Wojciech Szczesny is going to be a top goalkeeper but Arsenal need another one in desperately.

Like Joe Hart, he is under no pressure and he is in a bubble at the moment.

At the other end they need a striker.

Olivier Giroud is a good player but is he good enough?

Oddly, they have bid for Yohan Cabaye at Saudi Sportswashing Machine when I don't think they need a midfielder like him at all.

It doesn't seem like they have a joined-up way of going after players, they are linked with different names every week.

It's a mess.

Having said all that, Arsenal weren't that bad in their defeat against Aston Villa and they have had three good results since.

They are up against the wall and I feel that they may pull this one off.

Aaron Ramsey is starting to show he is a good player again and could be the difference, especially as Spurs' new signings are still settling in.

We know that Wojciech Szczesny is going to be a top goalkeeper

We most certainly do NOT

Twunt

We know that Wojciech Szczesny is going to be a top goalkeeper

We most certainly do NOT

Twunt

If ever a statement showed his lack of knowledge or judgment, Szczesny???

And why does he always make case for one side, then dismiss the case he just build by "I feel they may pull this off" ... idiot

Tottenham's best XI is certainly stronger

Arsenal are a mess

So 2-1 to Arsenal then.

Classic Lawro!

What in the name of f**k is David James smoking? Isn't he supposed to be fairly intelligent?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Swansea above us? Jesus, I'd expect an ex-pro to have some basic knowledge about the game. This shows he has next to none.

As for Lord Twunt of Twuntington...what the f**k is he twunting about with Szczesny? That said, his prediction might be right. Too hard to call. Still a twunt of the twuntiest twunting order though.

Tottenham v Norwich

Finally, Gareth Bale has left Tottenham and they can get on with their season in earnest.

It's a Tottenham team who have tiptoed through the season so far. They've made a lot of changes to the team and are finding their way. They have only conceded one goal in three games, which gives them a base to work from and they will get better.

Norwich made a host of chances at White Hart Lane last season when they were unlucky not to go home with all three points. They are developing into a Premier League team, but you wouldn't back them to go and win at a top-six side away from home just yet.

They have signed a lot of players over the summer as well and look stronger - but so does everybody else.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Norwich City

Lawro has Spurs in third place in the Table after four matches with 9 points - one behind Emirates Marketing Project & Arsenal and one more than Chelsea in 4th place...

Mark Lawrenson's Predictions 2013-14

He actually thinks we're very good this season, worries me a bit. He thought that QPR were good last season.

Cardiff v Tottenham

I don't think Tottenham's Europa League game at home to Tromso on Thursday will affect them too much. I had to laugh when I heard Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas saying this week that the fixture list is killing them - it is only mid-September!

How many players has he signed in the summer? I'm sorry, but if you want to be a top-four team in the Premier League and you want to be a power across Europe, then you have to play in these midweek competitions. This is what it is all about.

Players want to play games, they enjoy it. It means they are not training, which can be drudgery.

Cardiff have made a decent start to life in the top flight but I fancy Spurs to nick the three points here.

I thought Tottenham were very good last week in their win over Norwich - they could have won even more easily than they did. Christian Eriksen did very well and the balance and the dynamic of the team was good.

I just hope the Bluebirds' owner Vincent Tan lets Malky Mackay get on with his job even if he loses two or three games on the spin, because he has got a good manager there.

Prediction: Cardiff City 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro has Spurs in 2nd place on 12 points, one behind Woolwich Wanderers and one point ahead of City, Chelsea & Liverpool.

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

He's gone back to his usual formula

Top 6 home team = win 2-0, top 6 away = away win, top team play each other = draw, Liverpool always win 2-0

Douche bag

Cardiff v Tottenham

I don't think Tottenham's Europa League game at home to Tromso on Thursday will affect them too much. I had to laugh when I heard Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas saying this week that the fixture list is killing them - it is only mid-September!

How many players has he signed in the summer? I'm sorry, but if you want to be a top-four team in the Premier League and you want to be a power across Europe, then you have to play in these midweek competitions. This is what it is all about.

Players want to play games, they enjoy it. It means they are not training, which can be drudgery.

Cardiff have made a decent start to life in the top flight but I fancy Spurs to nick the three points here.

I thought Tottenham were very good last week in their win over Norwich - they could have won even more easily than they did. Christian Eriksen did very well and the balance and the dynamic of the team was good.

I just hope the Bluebirds' owner Vincent Tan lets Malky Mackay get on with his job even if he loses two or three games on the spin, because he has got a good manager there.

Prediction: Cardiff City 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro has Spurs in 2nd place on 12 points, one behind Woolwich Wanderers and one point ahead of City, Chelsea & Liverpool.

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

errrrm Twunto, the problem is playing Villa away on Tues after playing Cardiff away on Sunday....one days rest you twuntw@t!!!

errrrm Twunto, the problem is playing Villa away on Tues after playing Cardiff away on Sunday....one days rest you twuntw@t!!!

eeee... no......
Problem is playing Cardiff away 2 days after playing against Tromsø at home... We play on Saturday in wales...

eeee... no......
Problem is playing Cardiff away 2 days after playing against Tromsø at home... We play on Saturday in wales...

No, we don't.

Sunday - Cardiff
Tuesday - Villa
Saturday - Chelsea

The reason being:

Sunday: Stoke-Arsenal
Wednesday: West Brom-Arsenal

Emirates Marketing Project and Cardiff also have to play Sunday-Tuesday.

Back