• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had to happen in my opinion, but I genuinely wish him all the very best and will look out for his results.
I like the bloke, even if he was a little too spontaneous.

Best of Tim.

I certainly appeared to be in the minority but I genuinely liked Sherwood. People could never let go of the fact that he wasn't qualified for the position. That is true he wasn't but what interim type manager is? That being said I don't care if we had Ferguson or MOurinho here after AVB got sacked you would be hard pressed to match his results under the circumstances. Wish him well and hope he still has a role to play at our club in the future

I'm amazed to see the tone of this thread, all I seem to read and hear from Spurs fans was negative vibes on Sherwood. It's only right that he should receive recognition for the work he has done with the youth development at the club and hopefully that will continue and bear fruit

Too big a job for his first attempt at management, but I think he made a decent stab at it. Too inexperienced to continue though, we need a proven man at the helm.
I wish Tim the very best and thank him for what he did. Tried to get us to play the right way, certainly refreshing after the tedious football AVB brought to the club. I hope he gets a job in the Championship/league one where he can learn his trade. Long term I think he'll succeed and become a great manager.
We now need to find the right long term appointment. We can't afford another AVB type flop.

Thought he did a good job, made mistakes but majority were outside of the pitch.

What he has made me realise is the adolescence on this board.

Truly hope for the best for his future. He probably didn't get much experience in the man-management side of the job prior to being manager since he only had to deal with youth players. He was handed a pretty incredible opportunity to manage without any real experience so I hope he's thankful for that baptism by fire as well.

He did well for an interim. But I think he lost sight of the situation. He was tasked with taking us to top 4. Not easy. But he obviously believed it as he said it in January. Once he realises he couldn't do it he turned on the club in his off field antics. Didn't play amazing football. Was arguably an improvement on AVB but not by much and Levy wants much much more.

Good luck to him. Needs to stop being such a snake. For his own good.

He was a shining light and showed the prem how not to manage a club!

A lot of passion but you've got to take everyone with you!

I won't thank him.

I will hope he enjoys pitting his wits against Port Vale and MK Dons next season (and Portsmouth/Newport the season after) though.

Thanks for:

* Making us look like an actual goal threat again.
* Getting the best out of Ade.
* Getting the best out of Eriksen and playing him on the left.
* Introducing Benteleb into the first team.
* Giving Kane games.

Second this. Happy he's gone, but it's not all doom and gloom. Let's move on with the positives.

Good luck for him, I'm sure he has a future as a manager.

I may have been royally ****ed off with some of the things he said but I still ended up liking him. I do however think that this is our best oppurtunity in years to get a manager who has some experience and to pass that up and take a gamble on TS is too big a risk. Thanks for the hard work Tim and good luck in the future.

As I've said elsewhere, probably best for both parties that Tim moves on, but I'll go on record as as saying that I have seen far worse Spurs teams than the ones Tim put out and I think he did OK given the circumstances. Good luck in your future managerial career. Mr. Sherwood

Looks like we will get some proper nuggets on Sunday.. Dim Tim and Les (errrm) Ferdinand are guests on Goals on Sunday

I actually think the thing that undid him wasn't necessarily the personality he puts on for the media, it was the suggestion that he didn't rate a lot of Baldini's buys and that he would want a bit of an overhaul in the summer to get the squad how he wants it if he was going to get the job.

From a strategic standpoint, it then makes sense to let him go. It's good that we are backing Baldini, because that continuity will be there. But Sherwood went from in January saying we don't need any signings to after a couple of months saying that many were just a much of a muchness. Understandable from his point of view that he'd want to stamp his own image on the squad but it meant that this job wasn't right for him. It's strange as at the same time he was saying that our squad would be better next season for having the year's worth of experience.

He did a lot of good things. We're in Europe again. He introduced the youth. But he wouldn't gel with Baldini from the looks of it so it's best that we get someone that does. And since it will be Baldini hiring the coach, rather than the coach hiring Baldini, we should hopefully get it right this time...although it didn't stop Commoli and Ramos from working badly. Poch and FDB should both be good choices though.

Goodbye Tim. Thanks for making an awful season slightly more entertaining towards the end.

I didn't become a Spurs fan in expectation of winning scores of trophies. I enjoyed the entertainment factor and an affinity for ****ney culture. Tim Sherwood restored those aspects to the club.

It was more fun to watch than ****ney Star Trek.

I hope he continues on in Premier League management, does well and even earns the right to come back to Spurs one day.

Tim Sherwood says he is already looking forward to his next management job.
Tottenham parted company with Sherwood on Tuesday just five months after he replaced Andre Villas-Boas as manager at White Hart Lane. Sherwood, 45, has said he enjoyed the pressure of top-flight management at Spurs, and insists he would not have done things any differently. "I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to get back in - perversely I like doing it," he told ITV4.

Sherwood at Tottenham
Played 27
Won 13
Drawn 4
Lost 10
*Figures include two matches in temporary charge before being given 18-month contract

"To want to do that job you must be crazy, but I knew what I was going into." Sherwood says the responsibility of the Tottenham job felt all-encompassing, but believes he learned a lot about management in his five-month tenure and says that he will not change his working style. "There's a lot of tension and pressure occupies your mind totally. I was waking up in the night thinking of teams, who you should play," he said.
"It was a massive learning curve, my first opportunity to manage." "I've seen wins, defeats and draws and I've seen a few tantrums - and the sack, which I didn't want to see. Would I do anything different? Probably not."
Sherwood signed an 18-month deal as manager in December 2013, after two matches in temporary charge following the sacking of Villas-Boas. He led Tottenham to a sixth-placed finish and qualified for next season's Europa League, but endured continued speculation over his future during his spell in charge, with his club having to deny claims from Ajax that they had enquired over the availability of their manager Frank De Boer. "Put it this way, I didn't fall off my chair when they told me. Obviously I was disappointed to lose my job," added Sherwood.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27418721

Tim Sherwood says he is already looking forward to his next management job.
Tottenham parted company with Sherwood on Tuesday just five months after he replaced Andre Villas-Boas as manager at White Hart Lane. Sherwood, 45, has said he enjoyed the pressure of top-flight management at Spurs, and insists he would not have done things any differently. "I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to get back in - perversely I like doing it," he told ITV4.

Sherwood at Tottenham
Played 27
Won 13
Drawn 4
Lost 10
*Figures include two matches in temporary charge before being given 18-month contract

"To want to do that job you must be crazy, but I knew what I was going into." Sherwood says the responsibility of the Tottenham job felt all-encompassing, but believes he learned a lot about management in his five-month tenure and says that he will not change his working style. "There's a lot of tension and pressure occupies your mind totally. I was waking up in the night thinking of teams, who you should play," he said.
"It was a massive learning curve, my first opportunity to manage." "I've seen wins, defeats and draws and I've seen a few tantrums - and the sack, which I didn't want to see. Would I do anything different? Probably not."
Sherwood signed an 18-month deal as manager in December 2013, after two matches in temporary charge following the sacking of Villas-Boas. He led Tottenham to a sixth-placed finish and qualified for next season's Europa League, but endured continued speculation over his future during his spell in charge, with his club having to deny claims from Ajax that they had enquired over the availability of their manager Frank De Boer. "Put it this way, I didn't fall off my chair when they told me. Obviously I was disappointed to lose my job," added Sherwood.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27418721

Hope he gets a lower mid table Premier League job which is steady. Think that sort of job would give him a while to earn more experience and find his preferred formula and he'll go on to be quite a good coach.

He's no Gus Poyet, more Di Canio or Sjolskjaer.

But the gillet (hah, my dictionary doesn't have this word) sets him as a man apart.

Thanks for doing a better job than most thought he'd do, at least we finished top 6. Decent stab at the league title or win the EL next season, CL here we come, woohoo !

I felt it was inevitable he had to go, and I can't say I'll shed any tears, but I don't get the hatred towards him. He performed the job of interim manager as well as anyone with the same amount of experience would have done in my view. He was far from perfect, but our season didn't implode completely after AVB left (and it could easily have done). And that's thanks to Tim.

Oh, and if anyone suggests that a 6th place finish is an indication that our season did implode, you need to take a long hard look at your expectations. 6th is Spurs having an average season... not a terrible one. And for a first time manager to salvage an average season out of what could have been a disaster isn't half bad.

He made some stupid mistakes and made an eejit of himself on front of the cameras a little too frequently. But all of that can be put down to inexperience. Most managers have the luxury of making their early mistakes outside the spotlight of the top half of the premiership. But he'll learn and I think he'll be successful in the long term (future Returned Messiah for Blackburn, mark my words). That said, I think he still has a bit to learn before he's trusted to take a premiership side from 6th to title challengers. And that surely is what Levy has to be looking for. Otherwise, what's the point?

It's worth saying though, that there's no guarantee whoever replaces Tim will do a better job, but I fully support Levy's decision to roll the dice. I think we can do better than Sherwood, but that doesn't mean we will.

And at the same time I think we should be thanking Tim Sherwood for steadying the ship when AVB left and leaving us with European football and a season that was ultimately frustrating and disappointing but hardly the catastrophe it might have been when Levy and AVB realised they couldn't work together (I'd love to know the full story behind what happened there, but I doubt we ever will).

Agree with this. Tim did well but not well enough, especially off the field with his antics and naievity. Shame really, if he would have been more 'corporate' who knows what would have happened next season.

Oh well onwards and (hopefully) upwards. Thanks Tim for the goals after the turgidity of 15 in 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back