• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this:

We had a lot of players talking about ‘if we’re not making the Champions League perhaps I have to look somewhere else’. Well, good luck going to find a Champions League club. You have to be performing for the club you’re playing for and for anybody to think they’ve outgrown Tottenham football club is wrong in my opinion. Three or four players came to me and said the individuals I dug out needed it, well done. My reaction was ‘why didn’t you tell them?’

Sherwood's carrying himself very well indeed despite the press corps desperately agitating for him to dish dirt on Levy and Spurs.
He's been given a great boost by the club, his brief tenure has greatly elevated his standing with respect to getting a managerial position and I think he's hsarp enough to not only know that now but to have known that almost from the outset.

Yeah that makes sense...because he never played Livermore, Carrol or Kane did he?
Oh and TS loved to play Bentaleb so much he didn't get a look in after the Liverpool game...even Chadli and Pualinho got in ahead of him....go figure

How often did Mr super tactics DVD man play those three that you mention? Because I would hazard a guess that in his six month stint Tim gave more league match time to the youth then super tactics Dvd man did, (excluding Livermore who is 23-24 I believe)

Sandro mentioned AVB communicated better with the players :

Spurs happier under AVB, says Sandro
May 13, 2014

Tottenham midfielder Sandro has hinted that the club was a better place to be under former manager Andre Villas-Boas than in the downbeat dressing-room of Tim Sherwood's reign - which came to an end on Tuesday.

The Brazilian insists he wants to stay at the club despite falling down the pecking order being dropped from the first-team squad last month for the home win over Fulham, with Sherwood claiming the Brazilian was "not good enough for selection".

That led to suggestions that Sandro will be sold in the summer, although he did feature in the last two games of the season and started Sunday's 3-0 win over Aston Villa.

But Sandro looks set for a fresh start in North London now it is confirmed Sherwood has left the club.

Speaking to The Sun, Sandro said: "Andre was one who would always speak very closely to most of the squad one on one," the 25-year-old, who joined Spurs from Internacional in the summer of 2010. "Tim does most of his talking during training on the side of the pitch rather than afterwards individually with players."

Sandro had told ESPN Brasil last week that "Sherwood will leave at the end of the season" and "then it's a new coach, a new everything".

But he now appears to be attempting to dilute his outburst. "The dressing-room atmosphere hasn't been a buoyant one in the second half of the season," Sandro said. "But for people to suggest we already know what will happen to the manager in the summer is wide of the mark. We only see what the media reports."

Despite a sixth-place finished and qualification for the Europa League once again next season, Sandro feels the club have underachieved.

"Overall, it's been a slightly disappointing season because, at Tottenham we set our standards very, very high," he said. "Our minimum aim is to finish in the top four and unfortunately this year we haven't been able to achieve it.

"We've played well in patches and overall we've played well against teams that are below us in the table. But unfortunately our results against the top four weren't good enough.

"This has been a frustrating aspect to the season and something we know we have to improve on if we are going to be competing to win the league."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/307335.html#uQ3x4wWbYKR7qpaG.99

-------------------------------

You can't blame Sandro for being angry at getting dropped by Sherwood. I am convinced Sandro would have helped us avoid many goals we conceded under Sherwood.

So sandro says different not better then?

Yeah that makes sense...because he never played Livermore, Carrol or Kane did he?
Oh and TS loved to play Bentaleb so much he didn't get a look in after the Liverpool game...even Chadli and Pualinho got in ahead of him....go figure

I really do not see the playing time as comparable, Kane made one appearance last season as a sub, he was on loan for the rest of the season. Tom Carroll has played 7 times for Spurs over the last few years. Jake Livermore played twice as much for Spurs under Harry in his last season as he did under AVB.

How often did Mr super tactics DVD man play those three that you mention? Because I would hazard a guess that in his six month stint Tim gave more league match time to the youth then super tactics Dvd man did, (excluding Livermore who is 23-24 I believe)

Probably as many times as Mr 'I wanna see Blood and guts, but i'll hide in the stands at Anfield'
I'm sure someone can dig out the stats, plus include Caulker before he was bombed out.

Oh and why no Bentaleb since Liverpool btw?

I really do not see the playing time as comparable, Kane made one appearance last season as a sub, he was on loan for the rest of the season. Tom Carroll has played 7 times for Spurs over the last few years. Jake Livermore played twice as much for Spurs under Harry in his last season as he did under AVB.

So did he give our youth a chance or not? Shall we include Caulker as well?

So did he give our youth a chance or not? Shall we include Caulker as well?

Caulker who already had a years prem loan excluded, lily white dug out the stats for you, this plus the fact that Mr super tactics DVD man reputedly never watced our under 21s means that Mr super tactics DVD man was to bothered or even fair about including youth but he was good at pointless possession and getting he ball to bale/hulk to score a worldie

Caulker who already had a years prem loan excluded, lily white dug out the stats for you, this plus the fact that Mr super tactics DVD man reputedly never watced our under 21s means that Mr super tactics DVD man was to bothered or even fair about including youth but he was good at pointless possession and getting he ball to bale/hulk to score a worldie

Haha..changing the goalposts I see so as not to include Caulker.:lol:

Let's see what Lilywhite said:
"I've heard on a few occasions that AVB took no interest in the youngsters and that riled TS. He was developing talented youngsters like Bentaleb, Veljkovic etc but they couldn't even get a look in."

If it was true that "AVB took no interest in the youngsters" how do you explain his use of Tom Carroll as a sub in several games, including the EL? Was he not a 'Spurs youngster'?
How do you explain the number of games that Caulker played. Was he not a 'Spurs youngster'?
How do you explain the number of games that Livermore played in 2012/13, much to the annoyance of many on this board if he 'took no interest in the youngsters'?
How do you explain the number of games Townsend played, if he 'took no interest in the youngsters'?

You can write Mr Super Tactics DVD man as many times as you like if you can at least see that the statement that "AVB had no interest in the youngsters" is not backed up by facts at all.

Oh you still haven't told me why Bentaleb has not featured at all since Liverpool:-"

Haha..changing the goalposts I see so as not to include Caulker.:lol:

Let's see what Lilywhite said:
"I've heard on a few occasions that AVB took no interest in the youngsters and that riled TS. He was developing talented youngsters like Bentaleb, Veljkovic etc but they couldn't even get a look in."

If it was true that "AVB took no interest in the youngsters" how do you explain his use of Tom Carroll as a sub in several games, including the EL? Was he not a 'Spurs youngster'?
How do you explain the number of games that Caulker played. Was he not a 'Spurs youngster'?
How do you explain the number of games that Livermore played in 2012/13, much to the annoyance of many on this board if he 'took no interest in the youngsters'?
How do you explain the number of games Townsend played, if he 'took no interest in the youngsters'?

You can write Mr Super Tactics DVD man as many times as you like if you can at least see that the statement that "AVB had no interest in the youngsters" is not backed up by facts at all.

Oh you still haven't told me why Bentaleb has not featured at all since Liverpool:-"

Caulker and tounsend both had extensive prem experience before being used by Mr super tactics DVD man. So their exclusion from this argument is valid, toms inclusion was very limited, as for the exclusion of bentaleb.... Who knows... From the outside it does seem very weird but I'm sure there are reasons. Did you watch the interview posted on the previous page? Difficult to disagree with anything he says there

Caulker and tounsend both had extensive prem experience before being used by Mr super tactics DVD man. So their exclusion from this argument is valid, toms inclusion was very limited, as for the exclusion of bentaleb.... Who knows... From the outside it does seem very weird but I'm sure there are reasons. Did you watch the interview posted on the previous page? Difficult to disagree with anything he says there

Oh really, so as much experience as Harry Kane then. I'll rest my case and just leave it there :ross:

but our youngsters... They are not good enough for a top 4 team... Not yet, perhaps. And wasn't that AVB's goal? Tim didn't work under the same pressure, had the slack to bring on some youngsters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Fapatalk

Windy said that he had never seen AVB at a youth game on his blog.

I guess the reason Bentaleb didn't play after the Liverpool game is for the same reason that Ferguson and Wenger play(ed) a youngster for a stretch of games and then gave them a rest. It gives them a chance to work on things with them and keeps the pressure off. So generally, it is good for their long term development.

Just watched the interview. Thought he came across really well and as others said refrained from criticising Levy even though that's what sky wanted.

Found it interesting (and a little worrying to be honest) that he never spoke to Baldini at all.

I guess the reason Bentaleb didn't play after the Liverpool game is for the same reason that Ferguson and Wenger play(ed) a youngster for a stretch of games and then gave them a rest. It gives them a chance to work on things with them and keeps the pressure off. So generally, it is good for their long term development.

I believe that is pretty much the reason Sherwood gave for taking Bentaleb out of the firing line. Can't remember where I saw it; it could have been quoted on here, in fact.

It's now looking like AVB jumped - perhaps under demand from Levy to include Ade or make formation changes - and therefore Sherwood should be given some credit for coming in at a very rocky time. I enjoyed watching our attacking football in some of the games he managed, and although we lost our defensive shape and still performed poorly against the Top 4, I at least admire his passion and commitment to THFC. With a bit more experience, maturity and understanding of how to manage a senior squad, he could have done very well for us, I think. Thanks, Tim.

AVB left after the Liverpool game as Levy demanded he start being more adventurous and using 2 up front more often. AVB refused and a mutual agreement was made. I heard this from my pal who works at the club.

AVB left after the Liverpool game as Levy demanded he start being more adventurous and using 2 up front more often. AVB refused and a mutual agreement was made. I heard this from my pal who works at the club.

This is pretty much bang-on, other than to add that it wasn't a 'demand' more than a discussion where Levy asked why that wasn't happening and why he wouldn't try Ade, and that the two had been at odds for some time, stretching back to the previous season, and that the pressure had been ratcheting up for some time. I did say back when it happened it was not necessarily a case of Levy just ****-canning him, and that AVB wanted out just as much at that time. I still feel it was all a really, really unfortunate series of events, compounded by Levy's inability to give AVB who HE wanted as opposed to what the club/Baldini/committee deemed accessible. Pochettino represents another crack at the same model, albeit with a more attacking style...

This forum can be a joke sometimes. Really petty arguments and comments.

yeah.thats probably true...both Managers would have done what thay felt was the right thing from there own perspective...

end of the day ...our defence let us down and our scoring was not brilliant..leeding too avb..s sacking....

It is hard to know what is actually going on at club lev...theres no harm in

speculating though...

anyway....sh.tnal @t le **** oh just sh% and bollo@ks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back