• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tim for a decent second half to the season results wise. You probably realised quite early on that you were out of your depth. A lesser character would have sunk without trace but you held on and did alright in the end. I'm sure you'll learn plenty from this experience to use in your future managerial career.

All the best.

Sent from my XT890 using Fapatalk

I agreed with 99.99999% of what he said so I am sorry to see him go.

It was not his team and he should have been given the summer transfer window to pick his own players. I would also have judged on him who he wanted to keep as there are several there who are simply not good enough.

His points per game record was very good considering the circumstances especially as it was clear a few months ago that he wouldn't be staying.

As I said, I agree with virtually everything he said and I have said similar at the pub.... However, he said it to the world and I think that ultimately cost him at Spurs. If he speaks in the same manner at West Brom he'll be fine.

Levy is the one I am angry with and that goes back to the treatment of Martin!

I agreed with 99.99999% of what he said so I am sorry to see him go.

It was not his team and he should have been given the summer transfer window to pick his own players. I would also have judged on him who he wanted to keep as there are several there who are simply not good enough.

His points per game record was very good considering the circumstances especially as it was clear a few months ago that he wouldn't be staying.

As I said, I agree with virtually everything he said and I have said similar at the pub.... However, he said it to the world and I think that ultimately cost him at Spurs. If he speaks in the same manner at West Brom he'll be fine.

Levy is the one I am angry with and that goes back to the treatment of Martin!

I don't think so. WBA won't really put up with the 'openness' either. While I did agree with quite a lot of the things he said, his media image needs a bit of work. He needs to hire a PR guru to turn him into a collection of banal sound-bites. Someone like Max Clifford maybe ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for:

* Making us look like an actual goal threat again.
* Getting the best out of Ade.
* Getting the best out of Eriksen and playing him on the left.
* Introducing Benteleb into the first team.
* Giving Kane games.

=D> All those things plus

* a genuine passion for the club
* a refreshing, if totally misplaced, openness and honesty with the media

It's now looking like AVB jumped - perhaps under demand from Levy to include Ade or make formation changes - and therefore Sherwood should be given some credit for coming in at a very rocky time. I enjoyed watching our attacking football in some of the games he managed, and although we lost our defensive shape and still performed poorly against the Top 4, I at least admire his passion and commitment to THFC. With a bit more experience, maturity and understanding of how to manage a senior squad, he could have done very well for us, I think. Thanks, Tim.

Good riddance. Should never have been appointed in the first place however, once appointed, asking that he shows a bit of respect to the club and players shouldnt have been too much. He tried to act like Harry in shooting his mouth off all the time but he seemed to forget that at least Harry (who i wasnt a huge fan of) had at least achieved something and therefore, to an extent, earned the righ to be outspoken

Thanks for making us better to watch, admittedly not a difficult task.

Thanks for making Eriksen the main man.

Thanks for publicly slating players that are pussies and needed slating.

Thanks for introducing a striker into the fold and making strikers relevant again at Tottenham Hotspur.

Good riddance. Should never have been appointed in the first place however, once appointed, asking that he shows a bit of respect to the club and players shouldnt have been too much. He tried to act like Harry in shooting his mouth off all the time but he seemed to forget that at least Harry (who i wasnt a huge fan of) had at least achieved something and therefore, to an extent, earned the righ to be outspoken

You haven't quite grasped the concept behind this thread have you ;)

At the beginning of the season how many of you would have taken 74pts as the total won?

That is TS's record from 22 games put over 38.

Glad this thread exists and hope it doesn't descend into ****ging the bloke off.

I wasn't a fan of his but he did some decent things that have already been mentioned. Definitely the right decision to get rid and now we need to make sure the next appointment is the right one, and can be sorted as quickly as possible

The one thing I really hope is that he doesn't start whining about how hard done by he was by us. Without a doubt, Spurs have done far more for him than he has given us. He's come out with the experience and exposure very few other novice managers get, so we've been incredibly good to him. I don't expect gushing appreciation but it would be extremely disappointing if he was to throw his toys out of the pram in the papers.

Wish him luck in wherever he goes next

Did some things well - beating lesser sides and getting us back into Europe, introducing more of the academy boys. Did other things not so well - his tactics in the big games. Overall agree with the change but think he has been treated poorly by much of the fan base. Good Luck Tim and thanks for leaving us in a good position for next season.

I felt it was inevitable he had to go, and I can't say I'll shed any tears, but I don't get the hatred towards him. He performed the job of interim manager as well as anyone with the same amount of experience would have done in my view. He was far from perfect, but our season didn't implode completely after AVB left (and it could easily have done). And that's thanks to Tim.

Oh, and if anyone suggests that a 6th place finish is an indication that our season did implode, you need to take a long hard look at your expectations. 6th is Spurs having an average season... not a terrible one. And for a first time manager to salvage an average season out of what could have been a disaster isn't half bad.

He made some stupid mistakes and made an eejit of himself on front of the cameras a little too frequently. But all of that can be put down to inexperience. Most managers have the luxury of making their early mistakes outside the spotlight of the top half of the premiership. But he'll learn and I think he'll be successful in the long term (future Returned Messiah for Blackburn, mark my words). That said, I think he still has a bit to learn before he's trusted to take a premiership side from 6th to title challengers. And that surely is what Levy has to be looking for. Otherwise, what's the point?

It's worth saying though, that there's no guarantee whoever replaces Tim will do a better job, but I fully support Levy's decision to roll the dice. I think we can do better than Sherwood, but that doesn't mean we will.

And at the same time I think we should be thanking Tim Sherwood for steadying the ship when AVB left and leaving us with European football and a season that was ultimately frustrating and disappointing but hardly the catastrophe it might have been when Levy and AVB realised they couldn't work together (I'd love to know the full story behind what happened there, but I doubt we ever will).

I felt it was inevitable he had to go, and I can't say I'll shed any tears, but I don't get the hatred towards him. He performed the job of interim manager as well as anyone with the same amount of experience would have done in my view. He was far from perfect, but our season didn't implode completely after AVB left (and it could easily have done). And that's thanks to Tim.

Oh, and if anyone suggests that a 6th place finish is an indication that our season did implode, you need to take a long hard look at your expectations. 6th is Spurs having an average season... not a terrible one. And for a first time manager to salvage an average season out of what could have been a disaster isn't half bad.

He made some stupid mistakes and made an eejit of himself on front of the cameras a little too frequently. But all of that can be put down to inexperience. Most managers have the luxury of making their early mistakes outside the spotlight of the top half of the premiership. But he'll learn and I think he'll be successful in the long term (future Returned Messiah for Blackburn, mark my words). That said, I think he still has a bit to learn before he's trusted to take a premiership side from 6th to title challengers. And that surely is what Levy has to be looking for. Otherwise, what's the point?

It's worth saying though, that there's no guarantee whoever replaces Tim will do a better job, but I fully support Levy's decision to roll the dice. I think we can do better than Sherwood, but that doesn't mean we will.

And at the same time I think we should be thanking Tim Sherwood for steadying the ship when AVB left and leaving us with European football and a season that was ultimately frustrating and disappointing but hardly the catastrophe it might have been when Levy and AVB realised they couldn't work together (I'd love to know the full story behind what happened there, but I doubt we ever will).

=D> great post

An excellent summary mate...

This sums it up far better than I could myself, so... This.

Excellent post, and very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back