• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I fear we are past this point of salient logic. He is in Mourinho's crosshairs and it seems (from this perspective) he will not be given a chance. Infuriating as even 20 mins against West Ham would've resulted in a few more clear cut chances IMO.

Or people could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

I don't understand why he should be given a chance?

Surely the point is you sign to train and fight for a place in the team? If someone doesn't do that giving them appearances is a insult to the other players and the fans who pay and support the team. What messages would it send bringing him on instead of Winks.

Mourinho can be got at but I fail to see how this is anything apart from good management. (if there is an issue in the first place).

I don't understand why he should be given a chance?

Surely the point is you sign to train and fight for a place in the team? If someone doesn't do that giving them appearances is a insult to the other players and the fans who pay and support the team. What messages would it send bringing him on instead of Winks.

Mourinho can be got at but I fail to see how this is anything apart from good management. (if there is an issue in the first place).
You mean like a Poch said
You sign at a club to train....
But as it’s Jose it’s a bust up instead

I don't see anything wrong with benching the bloke - GHod knows, his fitness levels were absolutely, mind-bendingly atrocious, and maybe they still are.

Poch worked for years to get every lazy c*nut out the door at this club. We may still have been bottlers, who knows - but we were going to give it our all, fight for each other and fight for the team. The mentality shifted, in a positive way. No more Adebayors, or Huddlestones with the ketchup - no more Paulinhos, or Kabouls or Capoues. No more Berbatovs - even if mercurial, the trade-off wasn't worth it.

If (if) this guy is as uselessly lazy as he's looking like being, he's a threat to that mentality. Certainly the Burnley game did him no favors - it was the laziest, most useless performance I've seen from a midfielder of ours in a long while. If that's what he's like, bin him - sell him on to whichever team can stand someone like him because the mentality cannot spread to the rest of them.

And if he *isn't* actually lazy, slow and weak, let him prove it in training instead of letting the French press make up brick about him.

I don't see anything wrong with benching the bloke - GHod knows, his fitness levels were absolutely, mind-bendingly atrocious, and maybe they still are.

Poch worked for years to get every lazy c*nut out the door at this club. We may still have been bottlers, who knows - but we were going to give it our all, fight for each other and fight for the team. The meteorology shifted, in a positive way. No more Adebayors, or Huddlestones with the ketchup - no more Paulinhos, or Kabouls or Capoues. No more Berbatovs - even if mercurial, the trade-off wasn't worth it.

If (if) this guy is as uselessly lazy as he's looking like being, he's a threat to that meteorology. Certainly the Burnley game did him no favors - it was the laziest, most useless performance I've seen from a midfielder of ours in a long while. If that's what he's like, bin him - sell him on to whichever team can stand someone like him because the meteorology cannot spread to the rest of them.

And if he *isn't* actually lazy, slow and weak, let him prove it in training instead of letting the French press make up brick about him.
Poch himself started to sack him off, butJose will take the flak for destroying a promising young flair players career of course! That’s the narrative and everyone needs that to feel safe and comfortable with the world again!

Last edited:

Poch worked for years to get every lazy c*nut out the door at this club. We may still have been bottlers, who knows - but we were going to give it our all, fight for each other and fight for the team. The meteorology shifted, in a positive way. No more Adebayors, or Huddlestones with the ketchup - no more Paulinhos, or Kabouls or Capoues. No more Berbatovs - even if mercurial, the trade-off wasn't worth it.

If (if) this guy is as uselessly lazy as he's looking like being, he's a threat to that meteorology. Certainly the Burnley game did him no favors - it was the laziest, most useless performance I've seen from a midfielder of ours in a long while. If that's what he's like, bin him - sell him on to whichever team can stand someone like him because the meteorology cannot spread to the rest of them.

Think you hit the tickle my balls with a feather the trade off of a good player who does not work hard is just not enough.

All the really great players also work hard.

I think it’s a final test, Ndombele has to keep working hard in training to prove himself
and when he gets an opportunity off the bench he needs to treat it like an academy kid getting his debut.

Mourinho isn’t going to sabotage an asset for no reason, he’s the manager and he can pick who he wants, it’s also important for the rest of the squad to see that their price tag is irrelevant if they are not performing. Then all is firmly in Ndombele’s court he has more than enough ability to get in the team but he he’s got to deliver what is being asked of him in training.
I really want him to succeed because I think his skill set is rare and he could be one of the best cms in Europe but he needs to earn his place on merit.

Think you hit the tickle my balls with a feather the trade off of a good player who does not work hard is just not enough.

All the really great players also work hard.
I still think with Tanguy it’s a lot in his head
He seems to do what he does so easily it’s almost as if he doesn’t need to put as much in
But the reality is in this league you cannot get away with that. Some average players have excelled through work rate and effort. Some great players have become world class in much the same way. Hard work pays off

He seems to do what he does so easily it’s almost as if he doesn’t need to put as much in
But the reality is in this league you cannot get away with that. Some average players have excelled through work rate and effort. Some great players have become world class in much the same way. Hard work pays off

Maybe dembele in his Fulham days.

Maybe dembele in his Fulham days.

I agree with this. I think it is all about his mental state, and either working to unlock it in a way that works or moving on.

Thankfully you are in the small minority. ;)

Perhaps. But vocal, mate. But vocal. ;)

Anyway, agree that Mourinho is being blamed for a lot of things that aren't his fault. I have no particular opinion on him either way, other than that we would have been better off with Poch in any circumstance.

But that applies to any manager we could have chosen, not just Mourinho. And while he's here, he deserves backing and a fair shot, which he hasn't gotten yet.

Back