• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I think it’s a final test, Ndombele has to keep working hard in training to prove himself
and when he gets an opportunity off the bench he needs to treat it like an academy kid getting his debut.

Mourinho isn’t going to sabotage an asset for no reason, he’s the manager and he can pick who he wants, it’s also important for the rest of the squad to see that their price tag is irrelevant if they are not performing. Then all is firmly in Ndombele’s court he has more than enough ability to get in the team but he he’s got to deliver what is being asked of him in training.
I really want him to succeed because I think his skill set is rare and he could be one of the best cms in Europe but he needs to earn his place on merit.

Its been reported a couple of places its not just Jose that as an issue with his effort in training but some of the squad do as well.

People are ignoring what he has been like the majority of the time he has been on the pitch, which is slow/lazy and disinterested

The calls for him to start based on 2 second you tube clips in training are lols.

Its been reported a couple of places its not just Jose that as an issue with his effort in training but some of the squad do as well.

People are ignoring what he has been like the majority of the time he has been on the pitch, which is slow/lazy and disinterested

The calls for him to start based on 2 second you tube clips in training are lols.
Not read it but would not be surprised if senior members of the squad would be unhappy if the effort is not there in training too. And ultimately no matter how good a player he is, we need to harness a collective spirit to give us an edge over the teams that have stronger squads than ours.
Personally the opinion I have on his ability is solely based on when I’ve seen him, on the ball he looks a different class to most of the league with how he can evade a tackle, beat a man and take the ball forwards, with decent distribution and impact in the final third. He just needs to add pitch coverage and a willingness to press and win the ball, which frustratingly are mostly effort and fitness based. I’m even in the camp that Eriksen ran around too much and sometimes attacking players are better served by standing still in the areas they can do the most damage, but that doesn’t extend to central midfielders no matter how talented they are!
If he can’t demonstrate what Mourinho needs then we do need to ship him out, don’t want him to turn into our Pogba or Ozil where successive mangers cannot get the work rate out of them required to support their talent / huge wages.

Not read it but would not be surprised if senior members of the squad would be unhappy if the effort is not there in training too. And ultimately no matter how good a player he is, we need to harness a collective spirit to give us an edge over the teams that have stronger squads than ours.
Personally the opinion I have on his ability is solely based on when I’ve seen him, on the ball he looks a different class to most of the league with how he can evade a tackle, beat a man and take the ball forwards, with decent distribution and impact in the final third. He just needs to add pitch coverage and a willingness to press and win the ball, which frustratingly are mostly effort and fitness based. I’m even in the camp that Eriksen ran around too much and sometimes attacking players are better served by standing still in the areas they can do the most damage, but that doesn’t extend to central midfielders no matter how talented they are!
If he can’t demonstrate what Mourinho needs then we do need to ship him out, don’t want him to turn into our Pogba or Ozil where successive mangers cannot get the work rate out of them required to support their talent / huge wages.

don’t forget even under Poch it took some of the younger players to change things (Kane and mason scrapping with Kaboul and Adebeyor)
Maybe it’s needs someone to kick off to stir it up

So sad that our record signing cannot even start.
Whoever agreed to the descision needs to be accountable.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
As has been mentioned before, he arrived with something of a rep for poor application alonside his prodigious talent. But he'd been practically ever-present in his last season for Lyon, with 49 appearances in all competitions including 8 in the CL, so maybe there was some justification for believing he'd turned a corner.

Levy is no fool, he would been well aware of his reputation and would have gone in with his eyes wide open. He would have known exactly what he was doing in opting to take a calculated risk which as it turns out has not come off, so not sure there's anyone else to blame other than Tanguy himself.

As has been mentioned before, he arrived with something of a rep for poor application alonside his prodigious talent. But he'd been practically ever-present in his last season for Lyon, with 49 appearances in all competitions including 8 in the CL, so maybe there was some justification for believing he'd turned a corner.

Levy is no fool, he would been well aware of his reputation and would have gone in with his eyes wide open. He would have known exactly what he was doing in opting to take a calculated risk which as it turns out has not come off, so not sure there's anyone else to blame other than Tanguy himself.
I don’t remember him having that reputation prior to us signing him. I also thought he started the season very well indeed under Poch.

I don’t remember him having that reputation prior to us signing him. I also thought he started the season very well indeed under Poch.
FWIW...

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...le-jose-mourinho-problem-defensive-midfielder

Talk to anybody in France about Ndombele and one word recurs: nonchalance. It is not meant as a compliment and takes in the impression that he has not always been the most hard-working player. Perhaps it is because his talent is so big that everything comes easily to him.

'“He was nonchalant,” Sullivan Martinet, his youth team captain at Guingamp, told Ouest France. “He was so strong that we were expecting more from him, more consistency. He didn’t try maybe as much. He didn’t give the impression of always being 100%. With hindsight, what harmed him was his behaviour off the pitch. We were less talented but we wanted it more than him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ele-complete-midfielder-focus-spurs-tottenham

Genesio would betray a similar frustration with Ndombele last season, when he wondered in public how he could be so good against Emirates Marketing Project in the Champions League but so disappointing in some lower-profile games. It is rare to hear Genesio putting such criticisms on the record and it created headlines.

All of this came out after he’d signed and failed to get up to speed. When he signed he was widely acclaimed. Funny how people rewrite history after the event.

It is still his first year in the UK. He needs to do the simple things well - pass well, track people, close down - then when things open let his natural talent shine.

I think the challenge is getting him to do those ‘simple’ things well.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

All of this came out after he’d signed and failed to get up to speed. When he signed he was widely acclaimed. Funny how people rewrite history after the event.

It is still his first year in the UK. He needs to do the simple things well - pass well, track people, close down - then when things open let his natural talent shine.

I think the challenge is getting him to do those ‘simple’ things well.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I wanted him
I’m glad we have him
Yes he needs to buck his ideas up but I genuinely believe that he is a rare breed of footballer
He needs someone to influence him on and off the pitch i think

I wanted him
I’m glad we have him
Yes he needs to buck his ideas up but I genuinely believe that he is a rare breed of footballer

I always wonder who does all the character and profile suitability checking on these purchases?
Jose can’t afford another falling out.

I always wonder who does all the character and profile suitability checking on these purchases?
Jose can’t afford another falling out.
I know form what I’ve heard that they do them but also factor them into their judgements... especially with younger players on the assumption they will change and mature for example
What scares me is players like Aurier who we wanted despite his off the pitch antics and he wasn’t young at the time...

I know form what I’ve heard that they do them but also factor them into their judgements... especially with younger players on the assumption they will change and mature for example
What scares me is players like Aurier who we wanted despite his off the pitch antics and he wasn’t young at the time...

Price/bargain shopping?
We seem to be serial offenders.

I wanted him
I’m glad we have him

I remember Arse ejits jealous thinking we'd signed the best player in the world. There were a lot of rave reviews, and in terms of raw talent he had something over Bruno Fernandes (seemed like a toss-up between the two at the time). Ndombele has something of Dembele, the ability to shimmy past people. That is quite rare.

I think the issue is, while that level of talent allowed him (and Aurier) to coast in France, in the better league he needs to back up that talent with awareness and graft. Things he's not really used to doing. Things he has to learn. And its hard to teach awareness, alertness, and focus on tracking runs etc. That is where Bruno Fernandes is better. An older more diligent rounded player who has the basics locked down. But by 27 Ndombele should be a star. It all depends on him.

I remember Arse ejits jealous thinking we'd signed the best player in the world. There were a lot of rave reviews, and in terms of raw talent he had something over Bruno Fernandes (seemed like a toss-up between the two at the time). Ndombele has something of Dembele, the ability to shimmy past people. That is quite rare.

I think the issue is, while that level of talent allowed him (and Aurier) to coast in France, in the better league he needs to back up that talent with awareness and graft. Things he's not really used to doing. Things he has to learn. And its hard to teach awareness, alertness, and focus on tracking runs etc. That is where Bruno Fernandes is better. An older more diligent rounded player who has the basics locked down. But by 27 Ndombele should be a star. It all depends on him.
Fernandes or Lo Celso was the deal for me as both were 10s. I’m happy with what we did but Fernandes has been great. I just see Lo Celsos versatility being massive for us
Ndombele is a CM but needs someone doing the leg work for him
I still think 4-3-3 can work for us with him and Lo Celso in front of a holder (not a box 2 box CM)
We would need full backs with pace
But IMO it suits our squad

Fernandes or Lo Celso was the deal for me as both were 10s. I’m happy with what we did but Fernandes has been great. I just see Lo Celsos versatility being massive for us
Ndombele is a CM but needs someone doing the leg work for him
I still think 4-3-3 can work for us with him and Lo Celso in front of a holder (not a box 2 box CM)
We would need full backs with pace
But IMO it suits our squad

I'm with you. I desperately want him to come good, because Le Celco and Ndombele playing well are a mouth-watering prospect. Mourinho just needs to get the work ethic and awareness in there, so he's not a luxury player. Sounds easy, but takes work. I have confidence in him. Ndombele has ridiculous levels of talent. Just have to unlock it by getting him to do some basics well.

I'm with you. I desperately want him to come good, because Le Celco and Ndombele playing well are a mouth-watering prospect. Mourinho just needs to get the work ethic and awareness in there, so he's not a luxury player. Sounds easy, but takes work. I have confidence in him. Ndombele has ridiculous levels of talent. Just have to unlock it by getting him to do some basics well.
Or adjusting the team to suit
He has done it with Aurier but that’s IMO because we have no alternative. We do in CM
If we do get a workhorse DM it should allow a different dynamic with Lo Celso and NDomebele alongside
And Lo Celso had a decent scoring and assigned record in Spain so goals can come from there too

Yes. Both have goals in them. Ndombele scored on his debut of course.

The problem for Poch and Mourinho is there isn't time to give him a run of 20 games. I was actually impressed with how Mourinho put complete faith in Dier. He needed 10-20 games to get his mojo back. Mourinho kept playing him. Ndombele needs the same, but it won't be until next season, and he needs to be ready to track, tackle, play simple passes and do the basics well. When he can do that, the deft touches and skills will follow.

Back