• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Good business for us. Shame it didn't work out, now lets move on.

I’m not much of a businessman, can you explain how our all time club record signing leaving on loan is good business?

Edit - Talk of drawing a line under this or moving on...Tanguy has gone on loan, he is still our problem.

I’m not much of a businessman, can you explain how our all time club record signing leaving on loan is good business?

Edit - Talk of drawing a line under this or moving on...Tanguy has gone on loan, he is still our problem.

Compared to him staying, collecting wages and not playing, it's excellent business. Presuming he does leave permanently, of course.

Buying him in the first place...poor business, in hindsight.

Compared to him staying, collecting wages and not playing, it's excellent business. Presuming he does leave permanently, of course.

Buying him in the first place...poor business, in hindsight.

It’s a step in the right direction for all parties if he can get back to enjoying his football no doubt, better to try something rather than do nothing.

It’s not that I don’t see the potential positives but like with a few others, loans for players we’ve spent big on doesn’t scream “We know what we’re doing financially” to me..

It’s a step in the right direction for all parties if he can get back to enjoying his football no doubt, better to try something rather than do nothing.

It’s not that I don’t see the potential positives but like with a few others, loans for players we’ve spent big on doesn’t scream “We know what we’re doing financially” to me..
Nobody was buying him so getting him out on loan with a potential sale at the end of it was the best outcome we could've got

Hopefully he does well in Ligue 1 and someone in Europe wants to buy him for £30m or so. I can't believe anyone will pay the huge sum mentioned above.

Tanguy Ndombele says he “trained well” and has made it clear his Tottenham career “is not over” following his loan move to former club Lyon.

Ndombele showed glimpses of his talent at Spurs, but he never really put together a sustained run of form. He was really supposed to be the driving force of the club’s rebuild following their run to the Champions League final in 2019.

He joined for a club-record £63m fee, but struggled to justify that sum despite claiming he “did not have any pressure”.

And after Spurs fans booed him off the pitch during his final appearance in the FA Cup against Morecambe, a move looked inevitable.

Ligue 1 Lyon have taken him back on loan, with an option to buy in the summer.

“I didn’t hesitate for long. The discussions were quick. I’m happy to be back,” he told RMC Sport at his official unveiling.

“I’ve known five coaches in two-and-a-half-years. It’s not their fault but I had a little trouble at Tottenham. I wanted something else. Lyon, as I know, is better for adaptation.”

Although a successful loan spell could lead to a permanent move, Ndombele says he could yet end up back at Spurs next season.

I can never get around the "I wasn't played in my preferred position" excuse nor the manager didn't understand me plea. Neither explain the lack of effort and inability to pass or control the ball at an acceptable level. As a player I was nearly always the least skilful player in the team but always tried my best and the same with my job, I had to do things I didn't like, sometimes with people who didn't like me or I didn't respect. That's life, you get on with it and your on pride pushes you on. Professional athletes have won life's lottery but most just don't seem to get it.

I read it as he was so desperate to leave that he just took a pay cut?
http://sportwitness.co.uk/rare-player-pay-tottenham-chunk-salary-going-forward/

Today’s edition of L’Equipe has comments from Vincent Ponsot, the French club’s director of football, in which he praised the efforts put in by the Spurs owned player to return to the Groupama Stadium.

“It is a loan with loan indemnity, which is based on the partial support of the capital part of the transfer,” Ponsot said. “But, above all, on the part of Tanguy, there were not only words. He was decisive and it is very rare in this area. He is one of the players who is not economically accessible, but he did everything to be [here]. Often, we have words without the facts on the contracts. We did our part, we needed a supplement and he was the one who provided it. There, there were facts in front of words.”

The newspaper claims Lyon were not able to meet the salary demands set by Conte’s side to take Ndombele on a loan deal. L’Equipe state the player ‘will himself pay Tottenham’ the difference in salary between what Tottenham demanded and what Lyon are paying to him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/rare-player-pay-tottenham-chunk-salary-going-forward/

Today’s edition of L’Equipe has comments from Vincent Ponsot, the French club’s director of football, in which he praised the efforts put in by the Spurs owned player to return to the Groupama Stadium.

“It is a loan with loan indemnity, which is based on the partial support of the capital part of the transfer,” Ponsot said. “But, above all, on the part of Tanguy, there were not only words. He was decisive and it is very rare in this area. He is one of the players who is not economically accessible, but he did everything to be [here]. Often, we have words without the facts on the contracts. We did our part, we needed a supplement and he was the one who provided it. There, there were facts in front of words.”

The newspaper claims Lyon were not able to meet the salary demands set by Conte’s side to take Ndombele on a loan deal. L’Equipe state the player ‘will himself pay Tottenham’ the difference in salary between what Tottenham demanded and what Lyon are paying to him.

Yeah, so basically giving the difference in his wages back to Tottenham?

Back