• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I was trained or educated to use a better word in using double positive language

so after a rooster up it would be something like “we have to recognise that the great effort (positive 1) didn’t lead to the results we would have liked, but we can use it as a positive learning experience for the next challenge/opportunity (positive 2). It works. People engage with it must better than the truth …

I have to say that sort of language makes my skin crawl although I get the point you’re making. And there’s a reason it’s used in companies which is exactly what you say - people engage with it more. Personally, I’d rather just call a failure a failure and move on. I think you actually learn from acknowledging failure rather than sugar coating it in excuses and tossy language like the above.

In terms of football it does also illustrate why you can’t have a manager just come in “and give the players a few home truths by telling them how brick they’ve been.” That day is long gone.

I was trained or educated to use a better word in using double positive language

so after a rooster up it would be something like “we have to recognise that the great effort (positive 1) didn’t lead to the results we would have liked, but we can use it as a positive learning experience for the next challenge/opportunity (positive 2). It works. People engage with it must better than the truth …
Hmm I will have to remember that one for my own use.

I would wait to see how he performs this season.

I'd also like for us to give him a chance, but all the signals coming from the journalists and people around the team seems to suggest he doesn't want to be with us, or for one reason or another just isn't up for the challenge.

Hmm I will have to remember that one for my own use.
It works
It’s not my natural language at all
I used to work for Tesco
We had a fire at a new build store
I went to have a look around and and the whole set up was shocking IMO
So I told some people my thoughts in construction language which included brick, fudge and a few other words…. No one paid any attention to the subject just my language and was not happy. I got grabbed by a director and he told me to use the double positive thing…. (I had to look it up).
Low and behold on my next talk on the subject I explained how positive it was that no one died and we didn’t burn down the store and the eastenders studio….. theh thought I was some kind of guru suddenly
I’ve used it ever since and now I work for myself doing consultancy it works wonders

I have to say that sort of language makes my skin crawl although I get the point you’re making. And there’s a reason it’s used in companies which is exactly what you say - people engage with it more. Personally, I’d rather just call a failure a failure and move on. I think you actually learn from acknowledging failure rather than sugar coating it in excuses and tossy language like the above.

In terms of football it does also illustrate why you can’t have a manager just come in “and give the players a few home truths by telling them how brick they’ve been.” That day is long gone.
Whilst I agree, see my comment above
All depends what world your working in and who your talking too

It's a very American style of communication (having worked there for the better part of a decade), the only issue is some people when given that type of feedback only hear the positive and not the piece that's telling them where they need to improve.
100%
As I say it came form some bell ends causing a fire
From my construction world that as bad as it gets and all hell breaks loose. In the FMCG world it’s all sweetness and light

Hitchen could've done something than to try to turn Dier into something he was not.

What? So Hitchen, who wasn't even at Spurs for the best part of Dier's first 3 years with us, and who when he did join (return), joined in the role of chief scout or similar - not manager, not coaching staff - is somehow responsible for the position Dier plays or played? It's clear you've got little time for Hitchen, but that's a stretch by anyone's imagination.

Posted this in his social media, looks happy and slim.

fos90ea4sqg71.jpg

Back