• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I am sure that options are being evaluated on the Spurs side of the equation as well. As others have highlighted, we have been down the talent without application route before and the Dalmat and Taarabt's of the world tend to get moved on if the coaches decide that they cannot accommodate occasional brilliance when it otherwise disrupts the team for the majority of games. When multiple coaches have a problem with a player, especially a record signing, it tends to suggest that it is the player has an issue, not the club.

It's a shame because we all like a skillful player who can do great things. It doesn't work if he only does it when he feels like it ....

I am sure that options are being evaluated on the Spurs side of the equation as well. As others have highlighted, we have been down the talent without application route before and the Dalmat and Taarabt's of the world tend to get moved on if the coaches decide that they cannot accommodate occasional brilliance when it otherwise disrupts the team for the majority of games. When multiple coaches have a problem with a player, especially a record signing, it tends to suggest that it is the player has an issue, not the club.

It's a shame because we all like a skillful player who can do great things. It doesn't work if he only does it when he feels like it ....
Shifting a £60m, over paid player is tricky
Unless we can part ex him for Martinez for example

... or a massive indictment of the club's ability to make proper player assessments. That the three most expensive signings of the Poch era are players who we are happy to ditch in a heartbeat if we got a good (or even half good) offer is a damning statistic!
If only you had said that in the first place:)

... or a massive indictment of the club's ability to make proper player assessments. That the three most expensive signings of the Poch era are players who we are happy to ditch in a heartbeat if we got a good (or even half good) offer is a damning statistic!

Might be why we got a dof in?

I love watching this guy when he's on song, but he's clearly not cut out to make it for us. Time to move on, sadly. Hope we find a buyer.
Do managers take a course in Media Double Speak 101? It’s amazing how often they answer a question confidently without giving any information at all.

“It’s considered he’s not in the right moment to join the group, in terms of competition”

I need to take this course for when my manager asks me for a status report update on progress

Do managers take a course in Media Double Speak 101? It’s amazing how often they answer a question confidently without giving any information at all.

“It’s considered he’s not in the right moment to join the group, in terms of competition”

I need to take this course for when my manager asks me for a status report update on progress

Most people who have to deal with the media are trained in how. The media will twist or take things out of context because they want to sell a story. Whatever point you were trying to get across is irrelevant. Some are better than others and some will want to be trusted to get access. But at the end of the day their business is selling stories.
So people who have to deal with them are trained in how to say as little as possible. While still coming across well.

I was trained or educated to use a better word in using double positive language

so after a rooster up it would be something like “we have to recognise that the great effort (positive 1) didn’t lead to the results we would have liked, but we can use it as a positive learning experience for the next challenge/opportunity (positive 2). It works. People engage with it must better than the truth …

I was trained or educated to use a better word in using double positive language

so after a rooster up it would be something like “we have to recognise that the great effort (positive 1) didn’t lead to the results we would have liked, but we can use it as a positive learning experience for the next challenge/opportunity (positive 2). It works. People engage with it must better than the truth …

We called it the flimflam brurger. 2 buns of positives to contain the meat of criticism.

Having said that he was considered quite a coup when we first signed him, he'd done well against City in the CL and was considered one of the brightest prospects around. There had been quite a few comments at the time as well saying sometimes he's prone too being lazy and not working hard enough etc which seem to have come true.

Back