• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tactics Thread

The same could equally be said for the front four not doing the work they are doing this season. The biggest shift in terms of tackles/interceptions comes from the front four positions, they've really stepped it up a level and should get their fair share of the plaudits

All the players are working as a unit and its helping us become a lot tighter I agree, however if we had the same CM as last season and no Toby I very much doubt that would be the case.

Might be the case but if we don't press from the front then the defence has a much harder job

Of course.

Toby's stats don't look standout against someone like Skrtel for example however it just highlights to met why stats only tell half the story

The key to defending is what you do without the ball and Toby yesterday was top top drawer in reading the danger

Something that has really struck me in the last few games is how good our movement off the ball is. We have had a problem with players being static off the ball for a long time and is really good to see that this has been addressed. We must be a nightmare to play against right now.

Something that has really struck me in the last few games is how good our movement off the ball is. We have had a problem with players being static off the ball for a long time and is really good to see that this has been addressed. We must be a nightmare to play against right now.

Because we have fit players in attacking positions that run

I don't want to sound like the Chadli slagger offer but it's a huge difference having mobile athletes who do both sides of the game rather than a player who hangs around the half way linenwaiting for the ball to do his thing. It's the same with Mirrales and why he isn't the flavour of the month at Everton. Players with real ability but no work ethic to match or great movement

Because we have fit players in attacking positions that run

I don't want to sound like the Chadli slagger offer but it's a huge difference having mobile athletes who do both sides of the game rather than a player who hangs around the half way linenwaiting for the ball to do his thing. It's the same with Mirrales and why he isn't the flavour of the month at Everton. Players with real ability but no work ethic to match or great movement

I don't think that Chadli is anywhere near as bad as you make out. He is a little way short of the level that the front four are playing at but I would hope that the competition for places would drive him on as it has the others. His habit of getting crucial goals could be really handy later in the season.

I don't think that Chadli is anywhere near as bad as you make out. He is a little way short of the level that the front four are playing at but I would hope that the competition for places would drive him on as it has the others. His habit of getting crucial goals could be really handy later in the season.

Tend to agree, goals win games and he has come up with a few for us.

Chadli's role is very much like Dempsey's was in my opinion. I don't think he offers much in terms of his all round play, but he's very useful.

Tend to agree, goals win games and he has come up with a few for us.

he did come up with a lot of goals last season but he was also lazy in defence and that is something that simply doesn't work in the new system

He is useful bench option but unless he learns how to work both ends of the pitch he won't get games (barring an injury spell)

Chadli's role is very much like Dempsey's was in my opinion. I don't think he offers much in terms of his all round play, but he's very useful.

dempsey played for a very different manager though and agree his scored important goals but more as a number 10 type role

This is a very different team now with no stars and most importantly no slackers. Everyone puts a shift in to support their team mates

Actually that is exactly the thought that went through my head watching us against West Ham.
- Can we beaten? = absolutely
- Does anyone really want to play against us? = absolutely not

The combination of our pressing (in any sport, no one likes having no time/space constantly), our movement and our physicality (another new thing to Spurs) must make us horrid to play against.

he did come up with a lot of goals last season but he was also lazy in defence and that is something that simply doesn't work in the new system

He is useful bench option but unless he learns how to work both ends of the pitch he won't get games (barring an injury spell)

Maybe, but I do not think he is as lazy as you make out.

Actually that is exactly the thought that went through my head watching us against West Ham.
- Can we beaten? = absolutely
- Does anyone really want to play against us? = absolutely not

The combination of our pressing (in any sport, no one likes having no time/space constantly), our movement and our physicality (another new thing to Spurs) must make us horrid to play against.

How do you beat a team that puts you back into your defensive third. They were talking about in on motd2 and the answer was long ball!!!! I get it but your long ball would need to be accurate and the player receiving bloody quick to get ahead

Half a tackle a game for me is tinkle poor for any player

The number of goals he scores are important though and I am not getting into a debate over stats again ( been there done that). I am not saying he should walk back into the team when fit but he will strengthen us when back.

The number of goals he scores are important though and I am not getting into a debate over stats again ( been there done that). I am not saying he should walk back into the team when fit but he will strengthen us when back.

His goals are massively important but they don't paper over the cracks in the rest of his game

Everyone else playing in his role is scoring and defending too.

His goals are massively important but they don't paper over the cracks in the rest of his game

Everyone else playing in his role is scoring and defending too.

He needs to improve the defensive side of his game but I agree with @parklane1 - I do not think that he is as bad as you are making out. I don't see anyone saying that he should be starting over Eriksen or Son on the left for the moment but he will be useful to have back as the season goes on. If he was fit, I would certainly be starting him on Thursday.

I think that if you look at the stats you'll find that is pretty average
That 100% less than eriksen for example and he gets criticised for not tackling

Chadli isn't a bad player but he needs to work a lot harder as and when he gets his game time. His goals have been great but he has to have to their side of his game otherwise he will be the weak link. Poch can train him to do it as you can see with the changes others have made

Back