• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Swansea ratings

Friedel 7

Walker 6
Dawson 5.5
Vertonghen 8.5
Naughton 6

Lennon 6
Parker 6
Dembele 7
Sigurdsson 6

Bale 8.5
Ade 5.5

Brad - 6
Walker 6
Dawson 5
Verts 7
Naughton 5
Lennon 5
Parker 6
Dembele 6
Sigg 5
Bale 8
Ade 4

Collectively the team work hard to protect a lead handed to them by two moments of brilliance by the Vertonghen/Bale axis

Friedel 6 - showed critical alertness to block Michu's shot from a quickly-taken free kick and coped well overall

Walker 6 - same old story, a mixture of mistakes and recovery tackles having lost his man

Dawson 6 - lost Michu on more than one occasion but got away with it, otherwise decent

Vertonghen 8 - almost as much on fire as the main man right now. Exquisite pull-down and prod-in for his goal plus a quality assist and some outstanding defensive work

Naughton 6 - workmanlike performance but has a tendency to come inside yielding too much space on the flank

Parker 6 - typical Parker; energy, tackles, poor passing, blind alleys

Dembele 6 - again, workmanlike rather than inventive

Lennon 6 - starved of possession so too few opportunities to impress

Bale 9 - quality assist, stunning goal, shots on target plus critical defensive headers and goalmouth tackles, hell, even a massive throw into the box that might easily have put Siggy in

Siggy 6 - one excellent shot on goal but not much else to show other than commitment

Adebayor 5 - don't agree with those who say he's not trying, he is, very. How many more chances does he need?

Subs

Defoe 6 - one decent shot on target

Holtby 6 - same as for all the other 6s above, plenty of running, little to show for it

Livermore n/a - did he even get onto the pitch?

Friedel: 7.5 - Fantastic couple of clutch saves when the defence had gone to sleep. Assured backup, model pro, love the guy. The Lloris fan boys need to get a bit of a grip.

Cactus Head: 4.5 - A couple of great last ditch blocks but so many stupid misplaced passes in dangerous positions. Also so many wild swinging 'charge kick' type challenges, that if had of connected, could've seen him removed. He has the IQ of a gibbon, and that's probably being kind. Lost .5 for his woeful haircut.

Dawson: 6 - Solid enough, but a few shaky moments against Michu and when faced up against Routledge.

Verts: 8 - Super Jan, love the man. Could play anywhere on the park IMO.

Naughton: 5.5 - His lack of adventure forward normally doesn't bother me because he's defensively sound. But he was awfully poor in most aspects today. Can only play on the right from here on out.

Lennon: 7 - Threatened to break the game apart at times, worked hard defensively, will be better for the run out.

Dembele: 6 - His worst game in a spurs shirt I think. Largely anonymous.

Parker: 7.5 - Brave, super effort, worked his socks off. What we've come to expect from chest thumper. A real leader.

Stiggerson: 6.25 - See Dembele. Plus .25 for a nice effort on goal.

Bale: 8.5 - Our only real attacking outlet. Amazing engine, could have had a hat trick on another day. Crucial to our run in that he stays fit and firing.

Ade: 6.5 - Played very well when the team were playing well in the first half hour. Would have had a seven but for the brainless yellow card and feeble attempt at goal when through one on one.

Defoe: 5 - Sigh. Levy, hook a brother up with a striker please.

Holtby: 6 - Looks too eager to impress and picked up a standard silly yellow card. Needs to just get back to basics like his first few games.

AVB: Sexy man did well I thought, constantly keeping the team up and informed, we defended for our lives in the final 20 minutes.. I know the defensive 2-0 tactics annoy some, but under previous regimes we probably would have conceded 2 maybe even 3 under such sustained pressure. We are solid and assured and able to hold teams out. It's a quality trait of the team.

Friedel: 7.5 - Fantastic couple of clutch saves when the defence had gone to sleep. Assured backup, model pro, love the guy. The Lloris fan boys need to get a bit of a grip.

Cactus Head: 4.5 - A couple of great last ditch blocks but so many stupid misplaced passes in dangerous positions. Also so many wild swinging 'charge kick' type challenges, that if had of connected, could've seen him removed. He has the IQ of a gibbon, and that's probably being kind. Lost .5 for his woeful haircut.

Dawson: 6 - Solid enough, but a few shaky moments against Michu and when faced up against Routledge.

Verts: 8 - Super Jan, love the man. Could play anywhere on the park IMO.

Naughton: 5.5 - His lack of adventure forward normally doesn't bother me because he's defensively sound. But he was awfully poor in most aspects today. Can only play on the right from here on out.

Lennon: 7 - Threatened to break the game apart at times, worked hard defensively, will be better for the run out.

Dembele: 6 - His worst game in a spurs shirt I think. Largely anonymous.

Parker: 7.5 - Brave, super effort, worked his socks off. What we've come to expect from chest thumper. A real leader.

Stiggerson: 6.25 - See Dembele. Plus .25 for a nice effort on goal.

Bale: 8.5 - Our only real attacking outlet. Amazing engine, could have had a hat trick on another day. Crucial to our run in that he stays fit and firing.

Ade: 6.5 - Played very well when the team were playing well in the first half hour. Would have had a seven but for the brainless yellow card and feeble attempt at goal when through one on one.

Defoe: 5 - Sigh. Levy, hook a brother up with a striker please.

Holtby: 6 - Looks too eager to impress and picked up a standard silly yellow card. Needs to just get back to basics like his first few games.

AVB: Sexy man did well I thought, constantly keeping the team up and informed, we defended for our lives in the final 20 minutes.. I know the defensive 2-0 tactics annoy some, but under previous regimes we probably would have conceded 2 maybe even 3 under such sustained pressure. We are solid and assured and able to hold teams out. It's a quality trait of the team.

Same for me please.

The my favourite player thread. Some of the ratings in here bear no reflection on the match whatsoever.

The my favourite player thread. Some of the ratings in here bear no reflection on the match whatsoever.

Rorschach (born Walter Joseph Kovacs) is a fictional character and an antihero in the acclaimed 1986 graphic novel miniseries Watchmen, published by DC Comics. Rorschach was created by writer Alan Moore with artist Dave Gibbons, but as with most of the main characters in the series, he was an analogue for a Charlton Comics character, in this case Steve Ditko's the Question and Mr. A.

While the series has an ensemble cast, some consider Rorschach to be the protagonist as he drives most of the plot forward.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] In the beginning of the story, he is introduced as the only remaining active masked vigilante not employed by the government.A ruthless crime-fighter, his beliefs in moral absolutism and objectivism, good and evil with no shades of grey, have driven him to seek to punish evil at all costs.

Rorschach (born Walter Joseph Kovacs) is a fictional character and an antihero in the acclaimed 1986 graphic novel miniseries Watchmen, published by DC Comics. Rorschach was created by writer Alan Moore with artist Dave Gibbons, but as with most of the main characters in the series, he was an analogue for a Charlton Comics character, in this case Steve Ditko's the Question and Mr. A.

While the series has an ensemble cast, some consider Rorschach to be the protagonist as he drives most of the plot forward.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] In the beginning of the story, he is introduced as the only remaining active masked vigilante not employed by the government.A ruthless crime-fighter, his beliefs in moral absolutism and objectivism, good and evil with no shades of grey, have driven him to seek to punish evil at all costs.
Hmm.. not too sure how to take this post.:-k

How about the through ball to Adebayor he invented?

People expect Dembele to be the all action, box to box, creative, goalscoring, destroyer purely because he has a partner who's only current ability is to pirouette and who has lost the ability to tackle and run. When Dembele gets a proper partner we will see that that he is a good allround midfielder who has discipline and defensive ability, alongside technical ability and athleticism. He's not the best CM in the league but he's doing twice the work, especially in defence as his Partner is not up to it.

The running down of Parker on here is fudging embarrassing, he is our player and if we get top four then he will be a big part of the reason we have, I think Defoe is dogbrick but I would love him to score five goals between now and the end of the season, we are third in the table they can't be that bad.

The running down of Parker on here is fudging embarrassing, he is our player and if we get top four then he will be a big part of the reason we have, I think Defoe is dogbrick but I would love him to score five goals between now and the end of the season, we are third in the table they can't be that bad.

No one dislikes him, we just don't think he's very good. People take it personally when we criticise players/managers etc. But the criticism is constructive because we want to evaluate our squad and improve, not a personal vendetta against anyone. Parker isn't good enough in my view.

Collectively the team work hard to protect a lead handed to them by two moments of brilliance by the Vertonghen/Bale axis

Friedel 6 - showed critical alertness to block Michu's shot from a quickly-taken free kick and coped well overall

Walker 6 - same old story, a mixture of mistakes and recovery tackles having lost his man

Dawson 6 - lost Michu on more than one occasion but got away with it, otherwise decent

Vertonghen 8 - almost as much on fire as the main man right now. Exquisite pull-down and prod-in for his goal plus a quality assist and some outstanding defensive work

Naughton 6 - workmanlike performance but has a tendency to come inside yielding too much space on the flank

Parker 6 - typical Parker; energy, tackles, poor passing, blind alleys

Dembele 6 - again, workmanlike rather than inventive

Lennon 6 - starved of possession so too few opportunities to impress

Bale 9 - quality assist, stunning goal, shots on target plus critical defensive headers and goalmouth tackles, hell, even a massive throw into the box that might easily have put Siggy in

Siggy 6 - one excellent shot on goal but not much else to show other than commitment

Adebayor 5 - don't agree with those who say he's not trying, he is, very. How many more chances does he need?

Subs

Defoe 6 - one decent shot on target

Holtby 6 - same as for all the other 6s above, plenty of running, little to show for it

Livermore n/a - did he even get onto the pitch?

It has been just over 24 hours since the game and having considered the players ratings on the train journey back from Swansea, I wholeheartedly agree with this, plus the comments.

No one dislikes him, we just don't think he's very good. People take it personally when we criticise players/managers etc. But the criticism is constructive because we want to evaluate our squad and improve, not a personal vendetta against anyone. Parker isn't good enough in my view.

Fair enough but Dembele gives the ball away more than Parker but he seems to be a saint, we have a really good team at the moment who are playing to orders, I would like Parker to win it and give it nothing more, Dembele I would like to see playing further forward, I thought the same about Modric why both our cm,s stay deep puzzles me, but we are third, I often think that we ( me included ) are getting a bit blasé what we are achieving at the moment, Utd have won 16 of their last 18 league games how the hell does anybody compete with that

Fair enough but Dembele gives the ball away more than Parker but he seems to be a saint, we have a really good team at the moment who are playing to orders, I would like Parker to win it and give it nothing more, Dembele I would like to see playing further forward, I thought the same about Modric why both our cm,s stay deep puzzles me, but we are third, I often think that we ( me included ) are getting a bit blasé what we are achieving at the moment, Utd have won 16 of their last 18 league games how the hell does anybody compete with that
When we're losing or looking for a goal its Parker who tries to play further forward not Dembele; it was the same last season when he was with modric. He does it irrespective of what Partner he is playing with as he lacks discipline and tactical nous. Dembele offers all that Parker does defensively with superior technical and offensive abilities.

When we're losing or looking for a goal its Parker who tries to play further forward not Dembele; it was the same last season when he was with modric. He does it irrespective of what Partner he is playing with as he lacks discipline and tactical nous. Dembele offers all that Parker does defensively with superior technical and offensive abilities.

This is what I was implying he must have been told to drive the play, I agree with you about Dembele, I think we will play 4-3-3 next season and he will play the deep role, all will be revealed when we see what players AVB goes for in the summer.

Back