• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

yep

Leicester have been around the top of the league all season, they have had good results against the sides around them, they are unquestionably a good side

and we have outplayed them 3 times now

plenty of reasons to remain upbeat

No I am sorry - the 'magic' that Leicester had early season was gone and we played into their hands all game. We had some decent chances but what happened was so obvious it was untrue (thought we would get done on the break).

We are and were a better side than them that gifted them a win. I said I was worried as soon as I saw the team sheet.

The game passed carroll by and he should have been taken off earlier. We did not keep the ball well enough in good areas and mostly we had flashes and half chances (bar kanes opp)

We clipped hopeful balls through and looked vulnerable on the break. No one ran in behind kane enough and both centre halves gobbled him. Danny Simpson is an average right back and Marhez let us have the freedom of the left yet we did not double up on him once or get in behind him at all. Davies put a couple of nice balls in for lamela and walker hit a nice one but for the most part our delivery was not good enough and they lapped us up.

Walker was really bad tonight and that was a home game against the hardest side we will be up against for a while and we don't pick our strongest available side. Shame really as I can see us fade badly and it isn't even feb yet. Pretty fuming allround

It was coming (see post during the interval). Spurs have 20+ shots 16 corners Hit the bar. Cant score. Oppostion get late winner. It's what we do. And now we get Sunderland coming off the back of a erection inducing win.
Wont be the slightest bit surprised if we fail to win Saturday either. Not saying we are going to lose, just it would not surprise me. You just cannot get your hopes up with Tottenham it's pointless...literally tonight
I'm glad Sunderland won tonight. If they had lost they might have had more fire from Big Sam. And I'm glad JD filled his boots. And you are right, as Spurs supporters we can't get our hopes up. That's the WORST thing to do. And we are all stuck loving this club and have to live through painful nights like tonight.

Almost every long clearance from a deep defender after a period of pressure found its way to a Leicester shirt in the second half: that's not luck, that's good positioning.

Their tactics were caveman like, but they were there, and they were effective.
Hence why I said hard work

They created some of the better chances but we let in an awful goal and that's sooo annoying

And that's another thing: there's showing effort, and then there's actually winning games. We can be the most perspiring side in the world, but if we struggle to create anything, miss chances when they're presented to us and then give away stupid goals like that one (or the ones against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and against this same bloody Leicester team three days ago) , then there is still going to be a problem, even as the team is acknowledged as the most hard-running one in the league. Our excellent defense has saved us so far, and turned some of those uninspiring attacking performances into draws or narrow wins by dint of their excellence. That won't last if they concede goals like the ones they did to this Pulisball Supreme side over the course of the last two games.

In 11-12, we thought Chelsea's fortune would turn, aaaaaaaaaaaaaalll the way up until John Terry walked up to lift the CL trophy, kitted out and everything. Understand: luck will never go our way as it does for other sides, never. We may get a decision here, a decision there, but we will never be as consistently lucky as some other sides, because we're simply cursed by some kink in the quantum mechanics around the Lane that will never, ever go away. I've accepted that.

But that is also why I am doubly angry when a good Spurs side like the one we have now stumbles idiotically into the most typical defeat imaginable for Tottenham Hotspur: play well, miss chances, and then get done by dopey defenders failing to deal with a long ball (Perez), a corner (Huth) or a free kick (?). Especially after starting to talk crap about the title and top four: shut the f*ck up, and get on with playing, because you haven't earned the right to tempt fate by shooting your mouths off like that.

Nail. On. The. Head. Totally

And why you just cant get too excited when we win 3 games on the bounce and people starting spouting title challengers.
Sunday was another instance, 10mins gone 1-0 up and the commentator is talking about us wining the FA Cup. Stop it.

Tbh each season we are asked for expectations. I always say 6th and a trip to Wembley, because you know we are never gonna win the league because even if we do get near Lady Luck will sh#t on us anyway

Well, we'll see how things are REALLY in terms of backing the coach if we still have no option to bring off the bench to give Kane a rest or support....all this talk about MoPo and Levy having "great rapport" will be chaff if we do the same as we've done in previous Januarys (e.g. 2011, 2013 etc).

Action speak louder than platitudes and words...

I don't follow your logic here. What if there is not an available striker that Poch fancies?

Kane yet again after 70 minutes run out of legs and the bench had no forwards to freshen anything up.... That is the most galling thing for me

Not the fact we lost as I've seen a lot worst but the fact we just don't have that option despite our finances is just plain crazy

Given how little time Kane spends up front on his own, we have a number of players who can replace him. The real question is why Poch leaves his subs so late.

I thought we played well for most of the game, and so did Leicester. They had some good efforts (a very good save from Lloris, Vardy almost won a penalty, there was the ball pinging round our box, the header they scored) and we had lots of good play trying to make an opening which led to a great pass from Lamela for Kane to shoot, hit the bar and Davies twice crossing for Lamela to slot home but he got it wrong. We had loads of corners that were put into the right place and even bounced on the six yard line but nobody in the right place to tuck it home... we could easily have won it 1-0 and you lot would be singing a different tune, cracking open the champers, essentially the same performance though.

I don't follow your logic here. What if there is not an available striker that Poch fancies?

Having no one though is ridiculous

It's plain crazy not filling a void even if it's temporary... You wouldn't in business and you can scant afford it in football

I think all the posters on happy pills should just back off for a night and let people vent. That was a really tough one to take.

I think that all people need to be considerate of other posters. That means that those that vent should try not to be like a broken record and those of us of a happier disposition should give you a little space to vent your frustrations.

They're not about individuals. They have a tremendous unity and they really do just take one game at a time.

A lot is running for them right now.

Think bar a couple of chances they looked very comfortable and we are lacking in page and ideas.

We need a spark in games like this and erisken isn't the man right now, son put in another townsend performance by giving the ball away constantly and lamela played well but didn't have any killer instinct bar the lovely pass. Need some magic but I highly doubt we will get it.

Given how little time Kane spends up front on his own, we have a number of players who can replace him. The real question is why Poch leaves his subs so late.

We do not have a centre forward to replace or compliment him IMO

Son is not a centre forward and no one else is for that matter. And I agree we leave it too late to Often for played to get into it

That's not an exclusively Spurs thing, I can remember a lot of Southampton fans saying the same thing when we signed him: Poch isn't great when it comes to substitutions.

Having no one though is ridiculous

It's plain crazy not filling a void even if it's temporary... You wouldn't in business and you can scant afford it in football

That depends on what the manager wants. He may not want a short term fix, he has certainly suggested as much in the past and him turning down Austin in the summer seems to back this up.

We do not have a centre forward to replace or compliment him IMO

Son is not a centre forward and no one else is for that matter. And I agree we leave it too late to Often for played to get into it

Is Kane a centre forward then?

He spends most of his time deeper and is hardly ever the player furthest forward. He does not do much in terms of hold up play either, we like to play out from the back.

This January is just the latest opportunity; it is just part 2 in the window fir building ouyr squad to challenge this season since the summer (when we tried to get Berahino). To suggest that there isn't a striker that is/was available in both windows is to then say that the bids that went in for Berahino were fake bids.
I also very doubt that there are no strikers available that Poch fancies..

Is Kane a centre forward then?

He spends most of his time deeper and is hardly ever the player furthest forward. He does not do much in terms of hold up play either, we like to play out from the back.

I know it bugs the fudge out of me too when he does that

Back