• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

We should all calm down and wait for POTL's summary next week before jumping to conclusions.

Or if you're a reasonable person, at least until the window has closed. Twitter is overflowing with 'experts' and 'ITKs' that claim they know exactly what Levy and AVB are planning. They don't!

Weird considering what AVB said, but then not sure the truth is necessary at this point of the window

Indeed, why let the truth prevent another breathless, hyperbolic headline to cycle through and increase the frenzy in the audience.
Many of whom won't look for corroboration online.

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 30th August

I expect at least 2 good ones, and possibly a third you really cannot call at times because various factors involved, and nothing to do with DL and club being difficult, but if it/they happen i will not be complaining, that is all i can say for now.

Triple French signing - Lloris, Mvilla and Remy...

Ooor - Back in the USSR... Dzagoev, Willian and err... Akinfeev??

brick, this ITK business is difficult...

Triple French signing - Lloris, Mvilla and Remy...

Ooor - Back in the USSR... Dzagoev, Willian and err... Akinfeev??

brick, this ITK business is difficult...

Portugese (speaking):

Moutinho, Leandro and Csear (or not)

S.t.r.i.k.e.r.

1.A.D.E.B.A.Y.O.R. 2. D.E.F.O.E. 3. K.A.N.E.

Can also play in forward 3..... B.A.L.E. S.I.G.U.R.D.S.S.O.N. L.E.N.N.O.N. D.E.M.B.E.L.E. V.D.V. G.D.S.

C.O.M.P.R.E.N.D.E.Z.

Things have gone strangely quiet. Who is gonna wear our number 9 shirt?

Who: Jasper
Where: SO

I expect at least 2 good ones, and possibly a third you really cannot call at times because various factors involved, and nothing to do with DL and club being difficult, but if it/they happen i will not be complaining, that is all i can say for now.

Who: Wriggly
Where: GG

same thing really isnt it ?

Really think this is going to be another one of those windows where we always get told 'something big is gonna happen, Levy really wants it to happen' and then we don't see it.

I think maybe we can get Lloris done, maybe we can get Moutinho done at a stretch, and maybe Affelay. I dunno, I just wouldn't be confident of being in the hunt for 3rd with that squad, still feel there would be a weakness at wide forward and depth of strikers that would haunt us.

Really think this is going to be another one of those windows where we always get told 'something big is gonna happen, Levy really wants it to happen' and then we don't see it.

I think maybe we can get Lloris done, maybe we can get Moutinho done at a stretch, and maybe Affelay. I dunno, I just wouldn't be confident of being in the hunt for 3rd with that squad, still feel there would be a weakness at wide forward and depth of strikers that would haunt us.

Affelay went to Schalke earlier mate.

Affelay went to Schalke earlier mate.

Woops - even further dampens my enthusiasm then!

Even if we get Moutinho, which would be pretty exciting and a definite AVB disciple, I can't see how we really need him with Dembele. Just all feels very confusing.

Me too. I was stupidly hoping for a couple of shrewd signings, but Levy won't pay the dough and we're in the same situation as always, idiotic to think that anything would change.
But hey, still one day to go ;)

Also financially i don't think we could afford spending 25m on Moutinho unless we recoup 10m plus on player sales and a few loans too.

Disagree...we still have money we didn't spend from CL...as for midfielders, well, Parker will not be a regular again under AVB IMHO, ditto VdV if he gets who he wants, Livermore is the cover and Sigurddson the option. Sandro, Dembele and Moutinho the core (if he gets Moutinho -I believe he will)...it's not as absurd as it might look IMHO. Agree that the likes of Bentley are a massive issue, ditto JJ...

I am confident Jenas will be a panic buy for some other team.

Sky Sources: West Ham close to agreeing season-long loan deal with Andy Carroll

Outrageous. fudging outrageous. I'm actually livid with this. If it was a case of him turning us down for Juventus and their CL football/bigger wages then fair enough, but to not even try when the player has said he wants to leave? It's ridiculous. How can we be happy with just Adebayor as our only striker? Defoe doesn't count because he can't play in the lone striker's role and Kane doesn't count because he's never going to be good enough. One striker. It's ridiculous. And here is a potentially world class striker available.

I know I'm supposed to give him a chance and all, and I was quite excited about his appointment when he first came along, but if AVB seriously thinks that Llorente isn't worth bidding for and it's worth listening to offers for Van Der Vaart, combined with the very poor tactical display against West Brom...well he's not exactly making a good impression is he?

We have absolutely NO idea what's going on. AVB has never once come out and said he wanted Llorente, everyone else has. There is a 5 million quid shortfall between ourselves and Internacional, how do we NOT know that talks are resurrected and that we will make up the shortfall after all? Remember, we only need to fax AGREEMENTS between clubs before the deadline, we don't need to complete medicals, etc, etc...

As for the second bit, I think his subs left something to be desired (like his bench, not his fault per se...yet!!!) BUT that first-half should've seen us come in 3 up and laughing. It was total dominance. Not sure what more you expect (other than some goals of course ;-) )...

Back