• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I am confident Jenas will be a panic buy for some other team.

Fingers crossed - but it hasnt happened in the last 4 years so dont know what makes you confident it will happen now.

Me too. I was stupidly hoping for a couple of shrewd signings, but Levy won't pay the dough and we're in the same situation as always, idiotic to think that anything would change.
But hey, still one day to go ;)

Think it will be Lloris, maybe Carvalho as cover for Kaboul on loan then, and Moutinho as Levy's big surprise even though he isn't too needed. Rafa out, Modric replaced with someone who isn't quite on his level in Dembele, who will also be expected to cover for the wings when Lennon is out, who will still be first choice even though he can't finish and get enough goals from that position. And Defoe as our only option if Ade is injured even though he isn't best up there by himself.

Just not confident really. There's a good chance the Lloris deal could fall through too.

Outrageous. fudging outrageous. I'm actually livid with this. If it was a case of him turning us down for Juventus and their CL football/bigger wages then fair enough, but to not even try when the player has said he wants to leave? It's ridiculous. How can we be happy with just Adebayor as our only striker? Defoe doesn't count because he can't play in the lone striker's role and Kane doesn't count because he's never going to be good enough. One striker. It's ridiculous. And here is a potentially world class striker available.

I know I'm supposed to give him a chance and all, and I was quite excited about his appointment when he first came along, but if AVB seriously thinks that Llorente isn't worth bidding for and it's worth listening to offers for Van Der Vaart, combined with the very poor tactical display against West Brom...well he's not exactly making a good impression is he?

Bilbao has already said they want his full buyout clause (36 million euros). Are we really going to break out transfer record for a player who either
A: won't be first choice
or
B: will displace our highest earner in the first team

Obviously, I would choose B, but I simply can't and never could see Levy doing that. I think we need another striker, but if we are going to spend a lot of money, it can't be on someone who can only play centrally, unless it is a young player we can groom for the role. We aren't going to play two CFs together, especially Adebayor and Llorente, so I just can't see it happening. Damiao would be another story, but we ain't going to get him. I'd rather someone like Remy who can play on the wing, but can also move centrally in a pinch. If we get Lloris and Moutinho, I think we are well enough covered until January, at which point we can hopefully, finally get our man, whom I suspect is Leandro.

In my opinion, if we get Dembele, Vertonghen, Siggurdson, Moutinho, and Lloris, it will be the best transfer window of my lifetime. I still believe this can happen.

Who: Wriggly
Where: GG
When: 30th August

I expect at least 2 good ones, and possibly a third you really cannot call at times because various factors involved, and nothing to do with DL and club being difficult, but if it/they happen i will not be complaining, that is all i can say for now.

same thing really isnt it ?

=D>

Think it will be Lloris, maybe Carvalho as cover for Kaboul on loan then, and Moutinho as Levy's big surprise even though he isn't too needed. Rafa out, Modric replaced with someone who isn't quite on his level in Dembele, who will also be expected to cover for the wings when Lennon is out, who will still be first choice even though he can't finish and get enough goals from that position. And Defoe as our only option if Ade is injured even though he isn't best up there by himself.

Just not confident really. There's a good chance the Lloris deal could fall through too.

Wow. Glass half empty view there mate...Dembele is an excellent player. Moutinho would be the bollox. Lloris incredibly important (and I believe very very close indeed).

Rodgers : ""I would need to be a nutcase even to consider at this moment to let Carroll go out"

'This is an INCREDIBLE club'...just wondering Brendan, if it's so great, why do you need to keep reminding us of how good it is? Christ he is annoying.

Can I just say though I'm really happy for Jol to get Berbs back. Think he is a great signing for Fulham, and it will be good for the league to have someone of that quality playing again. Don't want to get into the argument over whether he is a taco or not, but I want Jol to do well. Berbatov should help him do that.

I had a quick tot up this afternoon, I think we have 27 senior players to fit in the 25 man squad. I do hope some of the dross (Jenas, Bentley, Rose) gets sold tomorrow and we can avoid sending Huddlestone and Dawson out on loan.

I think he's proven himself many times over since joining Liverpool

I think something drastically changes when you join that club. A part of it must be walking through the door, seeing that your at a club with huge history and having to put up with the realisation that they are actually pretty brick. It would be enough to turn anyone into a nutcase.

Rodgers : ""I would need to be a nutcase even to consider at this moment to let Carroll go out"

Aside from most managers lying about their transfer activity Rodgers generally talks rubbish.

Wow. Glass half empty view there mate...Dembele is an excellent player. Moutinho would be the bollox. Lloris incredibly important (and I believe very very close indeed).

Lloris would be a key signing and I'd be very happy with that, think he would be vital for us.

But this whole midfield thing combined with Defoe signing a new contract, I'm struggling to see what's going on. Are we going to get wing cover? How are we going to fit Dembele, Moutinho, Sandro, Sigurdsson etc all into the team? Is Defoe really a lone striker? Are we really going to rely on Lennon to contribute 10-15 goals, which we would really need to do if we are going to be top 4 this season from the position he will be playing. Just can't see it.

I can see a lot of games this season going like West Brom. Teams sit deep and we create chances, but we will need better finishers to take them because the opposition will pack the defence and have someone closing down quickly. I think Bale can take them but I'm not sure Lennon can.

But yeah, there's another day to go, I shouldn't be too worried. I've just been able to predict our business pretty well this summer, I've had my own opinions of our weaknesses and the club seemed to be filling them. But now I just haven't been able to see what we are doing. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, because I obviously don't know as much about football as the people running the club. I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride I guess.

Is LLoris actually happeneing yet? Seems to have gone all quiet which I fear will result in rejection.

Interesting -

Beeb re: German transfer window -

'This year's closest shave will probably involve Rafael van der Vaart's return to Hamburg, but that deal too needs be done by tea time.'

If it's not done by 6pm, it won't be done.

Is LLoris actually happeneing yet? Seems to have gone all quiet which I fear will result in rejection.

Levys out in his jet scooping them up. Flying to France first and will grab Lloris, head over to Portugal to grab Moutinho then up to the Ukraine to get Will.i.an then back to London for their medicals.

Wont be long now.

Interesting -

Beeb re: German transfer window -

'This year's closest shave will probably involve Rafael van der Vaart's return to Hamburg, but that deal too needs be done by tea time.'

If it's not done by 6pm, it won't be done.

European Transfer Window closing times*:

August 31st pre-midnight
Germany 18:00:00
Italy 19:00:00
ENGLAND 23:00:00
Scotland 23:00:00

August 31st 23:59:59
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Greece
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Serbia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine

September 1st 23:59:59
Denmark

September 3rd 23:59:59
Finland

September 6th 23:59:59
Russia

(*All times listed are local)

Lloris would be a key signing and I'd be very happy with that, think he would be vital for us.

But this whole midfield thing combined with Defoe signing a new contract, I'm struggling to see what's going on. Are we going to get wing cover? How are we going to fit Dembele, Moutinho, Sandro, Sigurdsson etc all into the team? Is Defoe really a lone striker? Are we really going to rely on Lennon to contribute 10-15 goals, which we would really need to do if we are going to be top 4 this season from the position he will be playing. Just can't see it.

I can see a lot of games this season going like West Brom. Teams sit deep and we create chances, but we will need better finishers to take them because the opposition will pack the defence and have someone closing down quickly. I think Bale can take them but I'm not sure Lennon can.

But yeah, there's another day to go, I shouldn't be too worried. I've just been able to predict our business pretty well this summer, I've had my own opinions of our weaknesses and the club seemed to be filling them. But now I just haven't been able to see what we are doing. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, because I obviously don't know as much about football as the people running the club. I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride I guess.

It will not be ideal if we do not grab another forward BUT I wonder if AVB doesn't see Bale as a potential forward/Henry-type forward? He is currently the best header of a ball we have in attacking positions. I do not think Sigurdsson is an automatic starter personally, and I think if we get Moutinho, we will see him and Dembele together, absolutely, with Sandro sitting. VdV will be off if we get Moutinho IMHO. I think it's interesting that people cannot conceive of us playing Moutinho and Dembele in the same side, when sides like Barca can accommodate Iniesta and Xavi. As for Lloris, yeah, I think it will happen bar a catastrophic breakdown in personal terms (I cannot imagine it myself), but we shall see in less than 36 hours I guess my friend!

European Transfer Window closing times*:

August 31st pre-midnight
Germany 18:00:00
Italy 19:00:00
ENGLAND 23:00:00
Scotland 23:00:00

August 31st 23:59:59
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Greece
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Serbia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine

September 1st 23:59:59
Denmark

September 3rd 23:59:59
Finland

September 6th 23:59:59
Russia

(*All times listed are local)

France?

Levys out in his jet scooping them up. Flying to France first and will grab Lloris, head over to Portugal to grab Moutinho then up to the Ukraine to get Will.i.an then back to London for their medicals.

Wont be long now.

ITK WRIGGLY!!!!!!!!...although you forgot some teatime paella as he picks up Llorente and Falcao! Levy is Jason Bourne!

;)

Back