• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

President of the Olympique Lyon, Jean-Michel Classes, admits that you may lose the goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, owner of goal selection and french club in five consecutive seasons, for Tottenham. "There is still no news. As I said this week, we received a approach of Tottenham but the decision belongs to the Hugo", said the leader of the emblem Gaulish, cited by Mercato365 portal.

http://www.zerozero.pt/noticia.php?id=79022

Well he's taking his fecking time thinking about it!

As Raziel has just explained, we're not going to have

Dembele, Moutinho, Sigurddson, VDV, Sandro, Parker and Livermore fighting for 3 spots. It simply isn't going to happen so theres no point even thinking about this unrealistic scenarios.

Sensible thing to do there (from a footballing, not financial perspective) is ship Jake out on loan for a year.

Then you have Sandro/Parker defensive midfielders

Moutinho/Dembele box to box

VDV/Siggy Attacking

Very strong starting 3 and very strong cover also

Been out all afternoon, whats happening?

Moutinho in, rafa out?

I wouldnt be against that, Rafa has looked tired and unfit for over a year now. If we can get good money and he wants to leave then lets cash in.

Dembele Moutinho CM
Sandro Parker DM
Sigurdsson VDV AM
Livermore Utility

I do think it is over kill, which is why Ive been arguing all day "What is the point in Dembele when you are getting Moutinho?"

I just dont see the link between Moutinho coming in and VDV going out. Different positions.

Also VDV and Dembele could be used in the RWF position - not a fan myself but it would work/is an option.

I'd think if we did sell VDV and get in Moutinho then Dembele will compete with both Moutinho and Sigurdsson for the CM and AM spots, or we'd rotate them depending on opposition. I think it would be hard to keep Moutinho, Dembele, VDV and Sigurdsson all happy to be honest, they'll all expect to be in the starting 11.

I do have a horrible feeling that we'll sell VDV and not get in Moutinho, meaning we have to play a CM with either Parker or Livermore with Sandro if Sigurdsson or Dembele were to get injured...

A couple of rumours going around that Lyon are going for Carasso, the Bordeaux keeper. Sounds good to me all that.

I thought the WP rules changed recently so anyone can get into this damn country.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
Any Spurs fans tempted to get excited by the possible arrival of Fernando Llorente - don't. Will not be happening.

Sensible thing to do there (from a footballing, not financial perspective) is ship Jake out on loan for a year.

Then you have Sandro/Parker defensive midfielders

Moutinho/Dembele box to box

VDV/Siggy Attacking

Very strong starting 3 and very strong cover also

Maybe sensible but personally speaking i think people are not seeing the bigger picture.

it's not so much what type of cm's these players are it's more to do with the calibre of players they are. i mean none of those 6 would be happy sitting on the bench. What football club besides maybe city (and that's pushing it) have 3 starting cm's and the other 3 'back ups' are equal quality to the starters. I mean it doesn't happen except maybe in FM and even then you'd get disgruntled players.

I thought the WP rules changed recently so anyone can get into this damn country.

Yep - no work permits anymore, a points-based system (PBS) instead. So basically all foreign nationals at London Met University can be deported, but random south american footballers are fine now.

The last time i saw something like that was with us funnily enough and our striker situation. The times we had 4 strikers, all similar in terms of quality, and all competing for 2 spots (Berbatov, Keane, Bent,and Defoe btw). That lasted around a year or so when all 4 eventually fudged off for various reasons.

Maybe sensible but personally speaking i think people are not seeing the bigger picture.

it's not so much what type of cm's these players are it's more to do with the calibre of players they are. i mean none of those 6 would be happy sitting on the bench. What football club besides maybe city (and that's pushing it) have 3 starting cm's and the other 3 'back ups' are equal quality to the starters. I mean it doesn't happen except maybe in FM and even then you'd get disgruntled players.

AVB will rotate more (will play senior players in the UEFA too).

Rafa, Sig and Dembele are all also capable of playing in the wide forward positions in 4-3-3, as well as in tthe central 3. For that reason I could see Moutinho coming but no winger per se.

Roger Morgan says Real Madrid want Ceballos :-s

Part of our "partnership" where we let our un-proven players go and play in a lesser league at a club where they are more likely to get games, before returning to us in a few years with a Champions League medal ready to help us push for the ultimate in sporting titles, the Capital One Cup.

Back