• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The idea was to open the envelope on Youtube live

I know; I'm asking what that would prove. Unless it had been posted to a verifiable non-accomplice, how would you know he hadn't just sealed his "predictions" in the envelope minutes beforehand?

even CNN international has decided ade to spurs story deserved a link on its front page. main story here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/21/s...tenham-adebayor-buttner/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

"It may have taken longer than expected but I am delighted to be back at Tottenham Hotspur. I really enjoyed my time here last season and I am hoping we can achieve great things together again," he told the club's official website.

He also tweeted: "I'm back!!!! Tottenham here I come!! I'm hungry for goals...Get ready."

Now that he's a proper Spurs player - let the whining and abuse begin :twisted:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;YJNhEXAd-CU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJNhEXAd-CU[/video]

i know GDS has been slated alot by harry and fans, but the boy certainly has talent. I'm really wishing that we could help a Barca reject turn good, which in turn would attract other foreign young players to join us for developmental reasons (especially since we have that world-class training centre!)

In all honesty, Willian is NO better than dos Santos, then again I've probably seen about 10 games of his and he hasn't been like "wow" in any of those. He has quick feet, loves a step over but wastes alot of chances and isn't a better crosser than Lennon. If we want someone on the wings to challenge Lennon, to cut in and do some havoc, we have dos Santos for that, give him a go.
Willian reminds me a bit of the lads Arse have - Gervhino or Pololski. They can have their moments but run real hot or cold. I've seen Willian about a dozen times over the last few years in CL games and he is either all there or nowhere.

I'd seriously at this point would rather keep Dos Santos and bring in Afellay. Afellay as a couple of gears in his speed of play, tends to be very direct and to the point when going forward, tracks back well, can play comfortably on the left and can cover on the right (as he is two footed), and has been used as a forward in the past (mainly deep F). He would be best suited to play out wide for us. His presence would allow Bale the odd game in the middle (keep him happy). For the price THFC would get a lot of value and versatility with the purchase of Afellay.
For the price THFC would get a lot of value and versatility with the purchase of Afellay.
For the price THFC would get a lot of value and versatility with the purchase of Afellay.

Regarding Dembele.

Dembele vs. Norwich: passing - 70/73 (96%); tackles won 1/1; ground duels 5/6; air duels 1/1; dribbles completed 3/3.

I sadly don't think AVB is interested. Early stages of the transfer window there was talk of going for him but then it died down, it's been pretty much all Man Utd that is after him, he would be really good there, sort of player they need in the middle of the park in my opinion, he'd be brilliant here, a proper Spurs player and he's BELGIAN!!!

I just think AVB is setting up for two sort of holding midfielders in the middle of the park in Sandro and Parker when fit, sitting in front of the back four and letting the front four of Lennon, VDV/Sig, Bale and Adebayor run riot against teams.

Why this Willian? As Oranje says in post #21507 and is my opinion too from what I recall of him in the CL , very hot and cold , dear I say hot and lukewarm £20 mill too ?... Have to disagree about Affelay , he's not direct enough in his wing play and rarely takes on the full-back even when the defender is not covered.

I thought were getting Hulk? , Forget the Johnson's, the Affelay's, Willian's and your Dembele's, we need the green monster man.

Hulk----- Adybayor -----Bale

Do it Levy.

Regarding Dembele.

Dembele vs. Norwich: passing - 70/73 (96%); tackles won 1/1; ground duels 5/6; air duels 1/1; dribbles completed 3/3.

I like Dembele's dynamism and dribbling but what we need is a more creative deep-lying playmaker to replace Modric. For example, Dembele had less than 1 key passes per game last season iirc, whereas Modric had 2.7 (third highest in the league)...which is why Modric is so hard to replace. OTOH, if it's to replace Parker (given Scotty's age), we could do a lot worse than him.

Dave Goddard @DaveGoddard1971

Modric has finally signed for Madrid.

This guy is an agent and has been spot on with other stuff this summer, like RVP to United.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta says he is being monitored by Chelsea as a possible replacement for the departed Jose Bosingwa. Azpilicueta, 22, was part of Spain's Olympic football team at London 2012.

Full story: talkSPORT
Yann M'Vila is the subject of bids from Tottenham, Zenit St Petersburg and an unnamed club.

Yann M'Vila is the subject of bids from Tottenham, Zenit St Petersburg and an unnamed club

Arsenal will use the millions gained by selling Alex Song to Barcelona to attempt to sign defensive midfielder Cheick Tiote, 26, from Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Full story: caughtoffside.com

French side Rennes expect young midfielder Yann M'Vila, 21, to leave the club this week. The Ligue 1 side say they have received offers from Tottenham, Zenit St Petersburg and a third unnamed side, believed to be Arsenal.

Full story: Metro

Tottenham are close to capturing Brazilian striker Willian, 24, from Shakhtar Donetsk for £20m, and also retain an interest in Internacional's Leandro Damiao, who is 23 and won silver with Brazil at the London Olympics.

Full story: Daily Mail

Sunderland are prepared to spend more than £25m over the next nine days as they chase the signatures of 25-year-old Emirates Marketing Project winger Adam Johnson, Wolves striker Steven Fletcher, 25, and Blackburn's 24-year-old defender Martin Olsson.

Full story: the Sun

Robert Green's career as QPR's number one goalkeeper could be under threat after just one game, as Hoops manager Mark Hughes seems keen on bringing in 32-year-old former Celtic keeper and current free agent Artur Boruc.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool are prepared for 23-year-old Andy Carroll to spend the season sitting on their bench, rather than sell him for a cut-price fee to a Premier League rival.

Full story: Daily Express

However, potential Carroll suitors Saudi Sportswashing Machine say they will not budge from their £12m offer made for a player sold by the Magpies to the Reds for £35m in January 2011.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham are looking at FC Twente defender Douglas. The Brazil-born 24-year-old plays under former England boss Steve McLaren in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Full story: Daily Star
OTHER GOSSIP

Former Norwich and Leicester striker Darren Eadie thinks more footballers should sign up for treatment to tackle depression, something he suffered from after retiring from the sport through injury at 28.
Darren Eadie

Ex-Norwich and Leicester striker Darren Eadie says more players should seek treatment for depression

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta, 30, says Gunners fans need to give the much-changed first team time to gel.

Full story: the Sun

Reading boss Brian McDermott may have a better understanding of Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard than many other managers - he saw the star five years ago when scouting for the Royals in France and said: "I thought [even then] he was phenomenal."

Full story: the Guardian
AND FINALLY

Manchester United's 24-year-old Brazilian midfielder Anderson suffered the ignominy of having his name misspelled as 'Andesron' on his own shirt during the Red Devils' 1-0 defeat to Everton at Goodison Park on Monday.

Full story: Metro

Spurs linked to Willian

Shakhtar Donetsk ace could be heading to Premier League

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: August 21, 2012 9:50pm

Sky Sports understands Tottenham Hotspur are lining up a shock summer swoop for Shakhtar Donetsk ace Willian.

Andre Villas-Boas is keen to add more attacking talent to his ranks, with Croatia playmaker Luka Modric expected to depart for Real Madrid.

And the White Hart Lane boss has identified Willian, who can operate out wide or in a more central advanced midfield role, as a potential target.

The Brazilian joined Shakhtar in 2007 from Corinthians in his homeland and has become a key figure for the Ukraine giants.

The 24-year-old has helped his current employers to a trio of title triumphs, two Ukraine Cup and Super Cup successes and the 2009 UEFA Cup.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8008513/Spurs-linked-to-Willian

are u suggesting

Bale............Damiao............Ade
........Dembele........Sigg
..................Sandro
Benny....Gallas...Kaboul....Walker
..................Friedel

?

just a thought...should we sign Damiao, he and Ade would most likely compete for that sole striker slot. however, in the event of injuries or for tactical reasons, Ade could occupy the wide forward slot. he does tend to drift anyway whilst linking play but this time we would have a predatory finisher waiting in the box.

if we're going to go one-striker upfront, woudn't ade, defoe and kane be enough? can't see us making a big investment unless we are going 2 strikers up front.

backup for lennon and modric replacement are now higher priority methinks.

if we're going to go one-striker upfront, woudn't ade, defoe and kane be enough? can't see us making a big investment unless we are going 2 strikers up front.

backup for lennon and modric replacement are now higher priority methinks.

If the right striker is available we'll sign one more and possibly sell Defoe.

The other two positions looks like they'll be sorted going by the rumour overdrive at the moment.

Back