• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good to see Daniele De Rossi turning Emirates Marketing Project down. Italian players seem to be more loyal than English players on the whole.

yeah, alot of respect for him.

"What I can promise everyone is that the day I want to leave Roma - whether to win CL or make more money - I will say so in public. I'm staying for this team, for the affection of the fans, because I am a Roman and because I believe in this project."

Am I the one who doesn't care if we don't sign Llorente now we have Adebayor? If we hadn't of signed Adebayor and it was Leandro we had signed today, I'd be all up for a Llorente signing.

Rather than being a self imploding anger factory I now have the potential of becoming an exploding fountain of jizz... Hmmm... I now accept the title of fickle fan. :oops:

Only real complaint I had about Caulker last year was a lack of willingness to take responsibility. Williams constantly lead him through games by the hand and Caulker was always looking for Williams to prompt him into action. It was clear he handled anything he went into, showed a great deal of ability and certainly didnt let Swansea down (as a premier league defender, shouldnt be forgotten) but he does IMO need to "man up" a bit.

Its only natural really, he is a rookie defender, but it is IMO the thing he needs to work on more than anything.

When he does I think he will be one hell of a player.

Williams is Swansea's captain and simple led Caulker the way King use to lead Dawson so what is the difference mate?

If we got anyone from Shakhtar, I'd rather it was Douglas Costa. By the way did Willian sign a new deal? Pretty sure his contract runs out 2012

All I know is that if Ade gets injured/suspended or away in the ANC we are left with Defoe & Kane so we need one more striker. Personally I am aware that Llorente is the better player right now but I want Leandro because of the potential I think he has

Williams is Swansea's captain and simple led Caulker the way King use to lead Dawson so what is the difference mate?

I dont think he led him in the same way. Ledley used to do a lot of Dawsons thinking for him with regard to positioning etc, Williams to me seemed to have to say "ok" for Caulker to take on a situation. Caulker wasnt sure enough of himself to take responsibility/initiative without "permission"

As I said, its a symptom of youth, but an observation on my part of the only real negative I see in his game right now.

I do expect in time for it to pass.

If we got anyone from Shakhtar, I'd rather it was Douglas Costa. By the way did Willian sign a new deal? Pretty sure his contract runs out 2012

I may be wrong but I thought he had signed an extension to 2014? May be wrong but sure I heard that. But if he was out of contract the Chelsea bid in January would have been too big for them to turn down surely?

I may be wrong but I thought he had signed an extension to 2014? May be wrong but sure I heard that. But if he was out of contract the Chelsea bid in January would have been too big for them to turn down surely?

He must of as on wiki it does say "On 23 August 2007, he signed a 5-year contract with Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk for £12 million until 30 June 2012".. it's past that date now obviously, so he probably signed a new extension while or after the Chelsea bid was being made.

I dont know the first thing about him, what his style is or anything - just tried to look into the contract situation and noticed his lack of goalscoring.

Lennons lack of goals is a big mark against him, and particularly in a one up front system the wingers/wide forwards need to contribute...

As far as I have seen him he is more a winger but also very fluid from both sides (seen him more on the left but I believe he is right footed). Just read the Mail story for tomorrow where it mentions him as similar to Modric something I haven't seen myself but then I haven't seen enough to make that judgement. He is exciting and dynamic though but surely not cheap.

In all honesty, Willian is NO better than dos Santos, then again I've probably seen about 10 games of his and he hasn't been like "wow" in any of those. He has quick feet, loves a step over but wastes alot of chances and isn't a better crosser than Lennon. If we want someone on the wings to challenge Lennon, to cut in and do some havoc, we have dos Santos for that, give him a go.

Back