• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah whatever.

What stops him from earning £100K a week and giving half of that to his charity? Silly me, how could he survive on just £50K a week

On second thoughts I am confused. If City cover the drop in wages and pay his charity then he is effectively not taking a pay cut. And why the heck should Emirates Marketing Project pay the charity when they are selling him for a knock down price of £6m. If I were Emirates Marketing Project I would not pay a penny of his wages, instead give him a choice of roasting in the reserves or playing first team football for Spurs at about 100K a week

My thoughts exactly

That wouldn't really help them to cut their wage budget though. They're in a bad place. They at least seem to want to try and get within FFP...

FFP? Yeah right. Emirates Marketing Project just need to point to Chelsea and PSG and know they will not be punished under FFP rules

But why does Ade appear to be the answer? Even if we sign Ade if he gets injured or goes off to the ANC we will struggle if we play Defoe and or Kane up front. Whether or not we sign Ade we need to be looking for another quality striker. Our luck with strikers dictates that if we start with Kane, Defoe and Adebayor that Adebayor will get injured and we will struggle to make things work with Kane and Defoe

oh of course we need another striker besides Ade

in fact, id get rid of Defoe and replace him too, so thats 3 new guys for me...but AVB will keep Defoe imo

Jasper on SO

It is believed we shall let the big financial guns like chelskum and Emirates Marketing Project cite their targets whilst we work away competently. We remain confident on our extensive list of targets as talks progress secretly. Make of that what you will...

then followed by

It is honestly best that some things be kept confidential mate and allow the club to do what they need to do.

Jasper on SO

It is believed we shall let the big financial guns like chelskum and Emirates Marketing Project cite their targets whilst we work away competently. We remain confident on our extensive list of targets as talks progress secretly. Make of that what you will...

then followed by

It is honestly best that some things be kept confidential mate and allow the club to do what they need to do.

That is fair really. It'll stop other clubs possibly gazumping us..

Jasper on SO

then followed by

secret talks??? in football??? not a chaaaaaaaance

A striker?

pretty please?

Right now Juve, Milan and Chelsea are all looking for strikers and there are likely to be other clubs as a knock-on effect from that. As the man says, we probably have a list of targets that we're trying to get while keeping things very quiet. If the reports of Sunderland and West Ham making huge bids for strikers as well are true, then it's a tough market out there for buying clubs.

Right now Juve, Milan and Chelsea are all looking for strikers and there are likely to be other clubs as a knock-on effect from that. As the man says, we probably have a list of targets that we're trying to get while keeping things very quiet. If the reports of Sunderland and West Ham making huge bids for strikers as well are true, then it's a tough market out there for buying clubs.

Yeah i know, it doesn't stop me wanting one though. :p

seriously, how many decent strikers are there that we could get and they would make a difference.......i think the list is v small

With all of the ITK stuff mentioned on here, I am the only one who worries that we will be linked to the "world and his wife", only to sign Ricardo Fuller on loan at 23:59:59 on transfer deadline day? #-o

We've had worse...... I give you Gregorz Rucksak

Jasper on SO

then followed by

That made me laugh. ITK deciding that they should not be ITK.

Back