• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And the other 70 or so clubs in the Champions League and the 500+ other clubs in leagues around Europe will gladly just role over and allow UEFA to roll over for just 3 clubs.

Do you not think that the Man Utds of this world, IMO the strongest club in the world will not make sure that FFP is carried out to its fullest.

Nope.

And for the record I will question that Man Utd are "stronger" than Barca and Madrid

Nope.

And for the record I will question that Man Utd are "stronger" than Barca and Madrid

Just based on nothing at all I've always assumed the ranking in brand name between the three was

1. Man Utd
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid

I don't know how one would rank that though.

HEURELHO GOMES has aimed a parting shot at former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp for making him feel ‘terrible’.

The Brazilian keeper made a couple of high-profile errors against Chelsea and Real Madrid last season — and it cost him dearly.

Redknapp brought in 40-year-old Brad Friedel and made him first choice at White Hart Lane — leaving Gomes sidelined.

Now the former PSV Eindhoven man has welcomed the arrival of new manager Andre Villas-Boas and hopes it could be an end to his hell in North London.

Gomes said: “Redknapp barely talked to me. I was playing really well when he hired Friedel. So I was really surprised and decided to ask him about that.

“Redknapp asked me to be calm, because I was his goalkeeper and he trusted me, as he told me. But that didn’t happen.

“In the 2010-11 season, I made only two mistakes but I didn’t give them so much importance and I didn’t think I was going to be sacked from the team because of that.”

Gomes reckons his old boss then blocked his chances of getting away from Tottenham to restart his career.

He said: “I asked Redknapp to let me go, but he said no to three offers for me. QPR, CSKA Moscow and Atletico Mineiro wanted me.

“I was close to CSKA because they wanted me only for four months and I was going to play the Champions League, but Redknapp didn’t allow me to leave.”

So Gomes was stuck on the bench for the big Premier League games and he admits it started to affect him.

He added: “People in England have different ways of doing things in football.

“For example, when a club like Tottenham buy you, you have to play really well. So if you play well, everything is OK.

“But if you don’t play well, they don’t don’t help you at all. That made me feel terrible.”

Gomes is now looking forward to a fresh start with Spurs and says he is happy to see out the final two years of his contract.

But he admits a return to South America would appeal if he ends up behind Friedel in the pecking order again this season.

He said: “I’m sure that Villas-Boas’ arrival is going to help me. He is great and he wants to do the best for Tottenham. I’m sure he will achieve many things here. I hope I could play in his team until 2014.

“I have two more years under contract at Spurs and I intend to fulfil them. But I’m tired of Europe, I have reached my limit here.

“I’m 31 years old and I’m thinking about moving back to Brazil.

“Atletico Mineiro wanted me, but Tottenham asked them to pay a fortune of £8million for me and the negotiation finished.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4453734/Heurelho-Gomes-Im-glad-Harry-Redknapp-was-sacked-by-Tottenham.html

Tom Carroll :)

Little luka mate you gotta change that nickname .. He is a fukkin disgrace to our club . Bill nick wud turn in his grave over his recent antics. fudge him I never wanna see him in our shirt , we are Spurs , us .. He's a thick little prick with no sense of our history . We've made him rich for him to act like we are nothing , change yur name for christsake ..

Little luka mate you gotta change that nickname .. He is a fukkin disgrace to our club . Bill nick wud turn in his grave over his recent antics. fudge him I never wanna see him in our shirt , we are Spurs , us .. He's a thick little prick with no sense of our history . We've made him rich for him to act like we are nothing , change yur name for christsake ..

You are free to discuss my name per PM, not in the transfer rumours thread.

I think we are in a vulnerable position at the moment what with our new manager (who lets face it has a huge amount of pressure on his young shoulders) and NO strikers. We need to buy at least two strikers before the season starts. Is there anyone out there who would be relatively cheap with proven prem experience? im thinking someone like Holt or dare i say even Michael Owen just as an option at this stage. shame harry kane appears to be brick. he used to score goals for fun at junior/reserve level but he looks to to big and slow for the prem. championship player at best id say, which is respectable as a product of our academy but not quite what we need.

I saw comments from the Bayern hierarchy recently saying that FFP would herald a new dawn for German clubs because they are so well run financially.

I think I'd prefer Gylfi over Oscar at this stage (especially taking into account the fee). I might retract that statement in a few years though.

Im from Iceland and I have watched Gylfi since he was a kid and he is a true profesional im proud he has signed for us, his set pieces are at the same level as Beckham and i mean he hit Defoe's head against LA so he must be good :)

I'd agree - if they turned out to be levy, an agent or a player!!! Otherwise, a they just don't know.

Accountants and lawyers are involved with transfers too.

but that still wouldn't make up the ridiculous number of 'ITK' we have at the moment...

I am finding myself increasingly stunned with the sheer level of anger in this thread (and others)...WTF has got into people? I just don't get the ITK-bashing. If you don't like all that malarky, avoid it. Simple. I don't understand why anyone would wish to jeapordise a deal our club might be trying to make, but doesn't stop me reading them...seems to be a lot of 'real life frustrations' being channeled back via this thread. Bizarre...

Some people aren't happy unless they are angry or complaining about something.

It's getting depressing really...I don't understand what happened to a good, healthy debate without anger or absurdly subjective sentiments being expressed towards others. I think the transfer window has been engineered to CAUSE ITK/gossip-mongering flimflam, and providing no-one gets hurt, I see NO harm in that....but I agree Jordy, I guess it comes down to individual natures.

You only need to look at the number of Bale articles in media today to see how little there is to write about at the moment. Let's stir up some brick instead. Guess that goes for people elsewhere too.

i think if there is any chance at all that AVB is interested in Joe Allen, then Levy will go in for him all guns blazing

if people want to slag off itks they should be allowed to. if people dont like what is said by people slagging off itks then dont read, just go on ahead read the 99.9% made up stuff and move on. let people feel better by kicking itks in the rumour teeth

Back