• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jasper on SO

It is believed we shall let the big financial guns like chelskum and Emirates Marketing Project cite their targets whilst we work away competently. We remain confident on our extensive list of targets as talks progress secretly. Make of that what you will...

then followed by

It is honestly best that some things be kept confidential mate and allow the club to do what they need to do.

Seriously, Spurs fans are so predictable in transfer windows.

We always get to a certain point in a window when, whereas other clubs around us are strengthening, we're doing sweet fudge all in the market. But fear not, we always hear! This lack of activity is actually part of a highly cunning plan, one which will come to fruition and deliver the fruits of our labour.

Such horsebrick. I wouldn't say it's a case of nothing happening or some uber-clever ruse on Levy's part, but more likely a case of our targets being acquired by others clubs who either simply move quicker or are prepared to pay the money to do the deal.

No harm in setting your targets high, but there is harm if - once you approach these targets - you start tinkling around on agreeing personal terms and/or fees with clubs. I'm sure we just come across as time-wasters.

Are we interested in Damiao? Oh yeah probably. But guess what? We're not interested in paying what Internacional want, and - almost certaily - neither what the player will demand in wages. So why fudge about wasting your time trying to do a deal which will never happen as we can't afford it?

FFP? Yeah right. Emirates Marketing Project just need to point to Chelsea and PSG and know they will not be punished under FFP rules

And the other 70 or so clubs in the Champions League and the 500+ other clubs in leagues around Europe will gladly just role over and allow UEFA to roll over for just 3 clubs.

Do you not think that the Man Utds of this world, IMO the strongest club in the world will not make sure that FFP is carried out to its fullest.

Seriously, Spurs fans are so predictable in transfer windows.

We always get to a certain point in a window when, whereas other clubs around us are strengthening, we're doing sweet fudge all in the market. But fear not, we always hear! This lack of activity is actually part of a highly cunning plan, one which will come to fruition and deliver the fruits of our labour.

Such horsebrick. I wouldn't say it's a case of nothing happening or some uber-clever ruse on Levy's part, but more likely a case of our targets being acquired by others clubs who either simply move quicker or are prepared to pay the money to do the deal.

No harm in setting your targets high, but there is harm if - once you approach these targets - you start tinkling around on agreeing personal terms and/or fees with clubs. I'm sure we just come across as time-wasters.

Are we interested in Damiao? Oh yeah probably. But guess what? We're not interested in paying what Internacional want, and - almost certaily - neither what the player will demand in wages. So why fudge about wasting your time trying to do a deal which will never happen as we can't afford it?

Agree. No problem with reaching for the stars but need to be a tad realistic and approaching more gett-able players in parallel. I've said a couple times in the last 48 hours, am sure we'll have Defoe up top with VdV playing off him when we go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the 18th

Man Utd have pulled out of their $300m (£193m) flotation in New York. Not much interest from potential investors would be my guess.

Man Utd have pulled out of their $300m (£193m) flotation in New York. Not much interest from potential investors would be my guess.

Good. It was a real con. The shares carried minimal rights and were only for a very small portion of the company. From an investment perspective, they were incredibly unattractive. The only buyers of the shares would have been fans wanting to own a small slice of their club....however all this would have meant would have been the fans would have been raising cash for the club which would have either been used to pay down debt or funds transfers

I really would love to know where people think itk's get their information from. When people defend them where do they think Ben or agent ITK get their info from?????

I'll tell you where...their fudging imagination!

I really would love to know where people think itk's get their information from. When people defend them where do they think Ben or agent ITK get their info from?????

I'll tell you where...their fudging imagination!

Depends on the person. I'll admit the majority of them are just attention seeking tacos, but there are people that would know what the club is doing in specific areas.

Gaston Ramirez agent:"I'm in London to open talks with a Premier League club. Ramirez is gonna leave Bologna"

Henderson is better than Allen and Henderson is dogbrick. Carroll wont even reach dogbrick.

I'm gonna disagree on that one.

Allen and Henderson aren't exactly like for like are they? Allen uses his technical ability and vision whereas Henderson uses.. well he uses something. I'd have Allen in our team all day but as for Henderson, I'm not sure he'd be a better selection than JJ.

Now little Tom Carroll is a star in the making I tell ya. You read it here first. IMO he'll come on par with Modric if not better, and stay with the club for 10+ years to later retire with the club and go into a coaching role. If Tottenham Hotspur is what I think its about, and that is playing with flair, vision, and a tactical where-with-all, I think Tom Carroll is a player who could really do something special for us over his career.

ok sorry back to itk and rumors.

Well, we do seem interested in cover for the wings (re: Ramirez), and he's young enough to be willing to be squad material for a season. I do hope we have a prolific/promising wing forward lined up along with a striker though, because he's going to cost a fair amount and we barely have enough money to buy Ade alone it seems.

OTOH it would tinkle off RAWK so much I'd love to see this done :lol:

I think Carroll has the potential to do a Cleverly, but he needs to be slotted into a settled side with a three-man midfield, not some makeshift group of couldn't-be-arsed benchwarmers for the Europa league. Not only does he need more experience to develop as an individual player, but passers also typically need time to develop chemistry with the team - even Modric, who had far more experience than Carroll when he first came, needed most of a season to settle here (people also tend to forget how meh Alonso was in his first season).

Before we throw him in our team I'd like to see him go on loan to a Swansea or some other midtablish team that plays on the ground (and preferably also knows how to defend through possession ie. not Wigan). Basically, what SAF did with Cleverly and Wenger with Wheelchair.

That means we still need a ready-made Modric replacement for next season :-k Joe Allen would be cheaper than Moutinho/more willing to come than Sahin, but he's not exactly top four material atm. I have to point out that Swansea don't really play a high line - most of their much-vaunted possession is comfortably in their own half, which I don't mind but rather undermines the idea that Allen would be familiar with something approaching AVB's system.

Boy I hope AVB has a trick up his sleeve...!

Depends on the person. I'll admit the majority of them are just attention seeking tacos, but there are people that would know what the club is doing in specific areas.

I'd agree - if they turned out to be levy, an agent or a player!!! Otherwise, a they just don't know.

I'd agree - if they turned out to be levy, an agent or a player!!! Otherwise, a they just don't know.

Exactly all these supposed ITK characters , if they were they wouldn't be spraffing off for fear of jeopardising getting paid cos only end users have thevinside track .. Too many weasel Internet freaks with delusions of grandeur .. If you love the club don't rumour monger second hand horsebrick fairy tales .. Just express love of the Lane ...

I think Carroll has the potential to do a Cleverly, but he needs to be slotted into a settled side with a three-man midfield, not some makeshift group of couldn't-be-arsed benchwarmers for the Europa league. Not only does he need more experience to develop as an individual player, but passers also typically need time to develop chemistry with the team - even Modric, who had far more experience than Carroll when he first came, needed most of a season to settle here (people also tend to forget how meh Alonso was in his first season).

Before we throw him in our team I'd like to see him go on loan to a Swansea or some other midtablish team that plays on the ground (and preferably also knows how to defend through possession ie. not Wigan). Basically, what SAF did with Cleverly and Wenger with Wheelchair.

That means we still need a ready-made Modric replacement for next season :-k Joe Allen would be cheaper than Moutinho/more willing to come than Sahin, but he's not exactly top four material atm. I have to point out that Swansea don't really play a high line - most of their much-vaunted possession is comfortably in their own half, which I don't mind but rather undermines the idea that Allen would be familiar with something approaching AVB's system.

Boy I hope AVB has a trick up his sleeve...!

Does seem like Carroll has a lot of potential.

I agree about him getting a loan to a side like that, but I'm not sure if we will be able to strike a deal like that at this point. Would be interesting to know what AVB thinks about him after a couple of weeks of training.

Carroll is donkey brick but I would take him if Liverscum give us £5m plus wages for him.

We are kinda desperate for a couple of strikers.

Back