• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I'd prefer Gylfi over Oscar at this stage (especially taking into account the fee). I might retract that statement in a few years though.

I think I'd prefer Gylfi over Oscar at this stage (especially taking into account the fee). I might retract that statement in a few years though.

different players though...Oscar is more of a playmaker, they could have played in the same team

A Swansea City spokesperson has released an official statement regarding the Joe Allen transfer speculation:

“Swansea City can confirm that Liverpool have expressed an interest in Joe Allen, despite a written agreement with Liverpool not to approach any players within the 12-month period of former manager Brendan Rodgers leaving for Anfield.

“There has also been interest from other clubs regarding his possible availability and the club is due to speak to Joe, as originally planned, about the situation when he returns from GB duty.

“The club is not prepared to release any details on whether any formal bids have been made at this stage or details of Joe’s contract, which are private and confidential. The club is extremely disappointed that speculation regarding certain aspects of his contract have been released to the media by parties outside the club.

“Fortunately the club is in a financial position where it does not need to sell any of its players and will continue to work in the best interests of its supporters, who are our priority, and the club to provide new manager Michael Laudrup with the best opportunity to be successful in the forthcoming Premier League campaign.”

wouldnt be surprised if AVB identified Oscar as a big target whilst he was at Chelsea and their scouts and Abramovich simply continued with the deal and nabbed him before we got a chance to even have a go.

"Joe Allen, great player"
"Best young player in the league"
"Next Iniesta"

[signs for Spurs]

"Didn't want him anyway"
"Never even heard of him before last week"
"Poor player and overpriced"

"Spearing is ten times better than Allen anyway"

Lets pretend Saudi Sportswashing Machine sign Loic Remy.

Loic Remy
Ben Arfa
Demba Ba
Papis Cisse
Patinkle

That is not a bad attacking force, methinks they would really be in the shakedown for CL football this season.

when it looked like we were odds on for Remy i have to say i wasn't exactly salivating at the prospect, didn't look all that from what i saw (admittedly only youtube clips and the like)

could it be Levy is delaying signing Ade in order to save on the wages

the saving from signing him on Aug15th compared to lets say July 15th is around 500k if he is on 110-130k a week

every penny counts

Does not seem rational to me, makes sense for AVB to want him use to any changes of formation for the new season. Besides, more importantly we need Adebayor to be match fit by kick off. He obviously has not started proper pre season training and the season starts in three and a half weeks time

when it looked like we were odds on for Remy i have to say i wasn't exactly salivating at the prospect, didn't look all that from what i saw (admittedly only youtube clips and the like)

As tempting as it is, and I will not deny that I do it, it is just so wrong to judge a potential signing on utube clips

Lets pretend Saudi Sportswashing Machine sign Loic Remy.

Loic Remy
Ben Arfa
Demba Ba
Papis Cisse
Patinkle

That is not a bad attacking force, methinks they would really be in the shakedown for CL football this season.

There seems to be one too many Papis' there.

Does not seem rational to me, makes sense for AVB to want him use to any changes of formation for the new season. Besides, more importantly we need Adebayor to be match fit by kick off. He obviously has not started proper pre season training and the season starts in three and a half weeks time

Adebayor will slot straight in after his year with us last season.....thats why with him especially its possible to delay the signing until just before kick off

fitness? he came in last season with barely any football behind him and scored on his debut

Back