• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no other reason that with all the hype of AVB coming in and the portuguese connection blah blah blah.... Ive built myself up for AVB being unveiled only for Blanc to step out... What a let down that will be...

Oh and i cant stand Blanc....

This.

Also I do not understand how you can manage a team like France against Spain with all that attacking flare and the team not have a go. I would not mind if Spain had thrashed them but at least have a go and put in a little effort. Instead France were spineless and went out to Spain without a whimper despite all that talent in their squad.

Last edited:
All of a sudden I am really looking forward to AVB and I do not want Blanc because I simply have not been impressed by France under him

To be fair club football and international are two very different beasts. I'd judge him more on his club achievements personally.....

It is irrelevant who he has played for before but now you mention it Madrid loaned him for 6 months and decided he was not good enough to buy. Emirates Marketing Project actually bought him and have decided he is not good enough to keep. I share an office with an Arsenal season ticket holder who actually accused him of missing too many chances while he was actually still with the Goons.

15 league goals from our top striker is not good for where we want to go.

17. Although it would've been 20 if the linesmen in this country could do their jobs properly.

Dont forget Ade was expected to give us a bit of everything up front last season. In a 433 he will be expected to play more within the lines of the penalty area than the width of thwarting pitch. He had a 30+ goal season doing that for Arsenal....

Yeah you could get a 25-30 goal a season striker but the team overall would be better off with Ade up top, unfortunately that doesn't translate into wikipedia numbers.

@Lord_Sugar knows who the new manager is after reading his last convo with Gary Lineker, Lineker says he's heard it AVB.. So Lord Sugar is ITK

Yeah you could get a 25-30 goal a season striker but the team overall would be better off with Ade up top, unfortunately that doesn't translate into wikipedia numbers.

Fuk wikipedia, we made loads of chances for him and time and time again he fluffed his lines in front of goal.

For that strike rate he does not deserve £100K a week not to talk of £170K a week

Only a f

Ade might go from the sublime to the ridiculous most games, but it's not like there are a mass of attainable strikers out there.

If we can sign Ade and get another young striker in that shows good promise and suits the new managers style I'd be happy with that.

Last edited:
If/when AVB is our new manager i can see us signing either Loic Remy or Daniel Sturridge. They can both play central and in that wide right-forward role.

I wouldn't mind Adebayor myself, but making a little list of somewhat realistic targets

Loic Remy (16.5m)
Alvaro Negredo (15m?)
Leandro Damiao (22m)
Burak Yilmaz (3.5m release clause rumoured)
Dimitar Berbatov (6m?)
Ricky van Wolfswinkel (10m?)
Demba Ba (7m)
Patinkle Cisse (25m?)
Daniel Sturridge (10-15m)
Luuk de Jong (12m)
John Guidetti (10m?)
Seydou Doumbia (20m+?)
Oscar Cardozo
Matias Suarez
Abel Hernandez

Jordan Rhodes ..

Out of those, only Berbatov, Demba Ba, Cisse and Sturridge are premiership players or have I missed anyone else? Have any of the others played in the premier league? Im just saying that Adebayor has played in the prem and can clearly cut it there. The others would all be gambles IMO and not guaranteed to be a hit. Might take them a year, it might just not work. Ade will always get you a minimum of 15 goals per season. That 20+ a season is hard to come buy.

Country Player Team Goals (Penalty)
1. Robin van Persie Arsenal FC 30 (2)
2. Wayne Rooney Manchester United 27 (6)
3. Kun Agüero Emirates Marketing Project 23 (3)
4. Emmanuel Adebayor Tottenham Hotspur 17 (3)
Yakubu Ayegbeni Blackburn Rovers 17 (4)
Clint Dempsey Fulham FC 17 (0)
7. Demba Ba Saudi Sportswashing Machine 16 (2)
8. Grant Holt Norwich City 15 (2)
9. Edin Džeko Emirates Marketing Project 14 (0)
10. Mario Balotelli Emirates Marketing Project 13 (3)

We need two strikers anyways and one of them should be Adebayor.

Ade makes my pants sticky we played alot better with him in the team. The problem is its a catch 22 because with him in the team we seem to be creating enough but not converting. Eith him not in the team we look a bit brick but if we had a striker who could finish then we may score a fair bit more.

I ask those that don't want Ade to put a list of strikers that could do a better job and name the price.

I'm not saying I don't want Ade but here are four options.. I'm not trying to stir the pot either.

Luuk de Jong 10-13 million transfer 1/3 or less of Ade's 170K wages Get him in before Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Gareth Bale - on the books. Seriously I believe he could convert to Striker with his movement, speed,and power. Forget that he is a LW - we can find one for 10 million or less that will stay wide - Afeally or Patrick Herrmann for starters.
Alvaro Negredo - 16 million transfer fair wages -- Seems to me that he is waiting for more to happen. Better service at Spurs might be the trick.
Bas Dost - total roll of the dice but would be less than 8 million transfer
Berbatov transfer ?? he has 2-3 years left and something to prove. wages would on the high end for Spurs but still 1/2 of Ade's 170k. I know there are hard feelings about him but he would do the trick.

Back