• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need two strikers anyways and one of them should be Adebayor.

Ade makes my pants sticky we played alot better with him in the team. The problem is its a catch 22 because with him in the team we seem to be creating enough but not converting. Eith him not in the team we look a bit brick but if we had a striker who could finish then we may score a fair bit more.

I would like that second striker to be a player that would push Ade. I would not like to be in a position like last season whereby no matter how many chances he misses he knows he will always start the next match. Maybe that would improve his finishing

I'm not saying I don't want Ade but here are four options.. I'm not trying to stir the pot either.

Luuk de Jong 10-13 million transfer 1/3 or less of Ade's 170K wages Get him in before Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Gareth Bale - on the books. Seriously I believe he could convert to Striker with his movement, speed,and power. Forget that he is a LW - we can find one for 10 million or less that will stay wide - Afeally or Patrick Herrmann for starters.
Alvaro Negredo - 16 million transfer fair wages -- Seems to me that he is waiting for more to happen. Better service at Spurs might be the trick.
Bas Dost - total roll of the dice but would be less than 8 million transfer
Berbatov transfer ?? he has 2-3 years left and something to prove. wages would on the high end for Spurs but still 1/2 of Ade's 170k. I know there are hard feelings about him but he would do the trick.

Bas Dost joined Wolfsburg yesterday.

Gareth Bale - on the books. Seriously I believe he could convert to Striker with his movement, speed,and power. Forget that he is a LW - we can find one for 10 million or less that will stay wide - Afeally or Patrick Herrmann for starters.

He has the same qualities that made it possible for Cristiano Ronaldo to convert to a striker.
I wouldn't mind us testing this out, think he could score brickloads.

As for a wing alternative if Bale should play in the middle, I assume AVB wouldn't mind getting someone he knows from Porto.
Silvestre Varela was in the Portugal squad this summer, is available for a reasonable fee due to his contract being in its final year.

For the record my first choice for a new striker this season would be Leandro Damiao. If I were to hazard a guess I would say £20m might be enough to get him. We have some type of "special relationship" with his club, I say use and sign him

Silvestre Varela may have been in the squad but he has a shocking goal scoring record. The Portuguese do not do quality strikers

He has the same qualities that made it possible for Cristiano Ronaldo to convert to a striker.
I wouldn't mind us testing this out, think he could score brickloads.

As for a wing alternative if Bale should play in the middle, I assume AVB wouldn't mind getting someone he knows from Porto.
Silvestre Varela was in the Portugal squad this summer, is available for a reasonable fee due to his contract being in its final year.

I am of the opinon we have a top quality left winger, how about we try a season when we actually play him on the fukking left. When h ecame inside last season he was brick most of the time

If Bale is bullied on the wing then imagine the rough treatment he'd get as a striker! He could do a job there but he'd probably be limping off quite often IMO.

yes you did, apologies.

My signings would be Demba Ba, Damiao, Ade, Siggurdsson, Vertonghen, Moutinho, Sturridge. Sell Defoe, Modric, Bentley, some other brickers to balance the books

never gonna happen mind you.

I would agree with all of the above but as you say it probably will not happen

yes you did, apologies.

My signings would be Demba Ba, Damiao, Ade, Siggurdsson, Vertonghen, Moutinho, Sturridge. Sell Defoe, Modric, Bentley, some other brickers to balance the books

never gonna happen mind you.

Good luck to AVB trying to keep Sturridge, VDV, Sig, Ba, Damiao and Ade all happy ...

Back