• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough, didn't notice the Striker part so much I read it as him being a squad player for some reason :) , Can he hold up the ball to facilitate our play?

Mick McCarthy now 2/1 to be the next permanent Aston Villa manager.

Just WOW!

They know how to treat their fans!! Sack the most negative manager in Britain, hire the second most negative manager. I guess its a slight step up but jeez.....

POTL speaks about Remy. ITK at its finest.

"Harry loves him, wants to make it happen. Harry has personally watched him twice this season and we have sent IB on numerous occassions. I'm gay. We are after 2 strikers this summer, Ade's wages are a real issue, not the fee. Decisions to be made after our fate is known on Saturday."

A bit of a let down as there is no cryptic rubbish. :cry:

Even though he said Harry wont be the manager at the end of the season.

give me
Remy, Fletcher, Vertonghen, a GK (under the age of 28), Hoillett. and i'll be happy

if we have money left to address other concerns
Backup Lb

sell or release
Jenas, Bentley, Dos santos, saha, ade (sorry but if wages don't work so be it), rose, king, nelsen, gomes, cudicini

No way they can get turnover near ?ú300 million, let alone ?ú400+ million we need

Math isn't Mancini's strong side I guess. They already have 30+ senior players at the club including everyone out on loan. You can't add any more, only replace, and there aren't really many weak links left in their squad.

Who: Jasper
Where: SO [via Johannes on COYS]
When: 15th May
Hazard + more

As how I understand he was genuinely interested in us, our time was January, but with all the delays (both sides), and dramatic drop in form and then Emirates Marketing Project started to sniff we became a very distant thought. I know we are supposedly close on similar players, and one young 20 year old Croatian among others that we are allegedly confident we can tie up deals so I am more happy with that. We have expressed interest in Johnson I believe btw, maybe Archie can clear this up and more.

Assume that's Adam Johnson, farking hope we haven't.

He's 17/18 think the Croatian player
We've been sniffing around is a young centre forward at hajduk split

He's 17/18 think the Croatian player
We've been sniffing around is a young centre forward at hajduk split

Do we have a young croatian in the youth squad already? gamlet? or something like that i think.

Might attract more from that region if they know we have players from there already.

Do we have a young croatian in the youth squad already? gamlet? or something like that i think.

Might attract more from that region if they know we have players from there already.

Tomslav Gomelt? I don't know anything about him though, except that (I think) he plays wide.
[video=youtube;koIAmLbi9_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koIAmLbi9_4[/video]

Didn't we beat inter with a ridiculous scoreline in the next gen cup? I can't tell if our team is extremely good or the others are crap or a bit of both but, was extremely disapointed when we were disqualified, I genuinely thought we were going to win it, shame really.

Remy seems an exciting player but 20m does seem an awful lot. That being said I can't claim to know much about him as I don't really watch Ligue 1.

I can't help but worry that he falls in to the bracket of not quite being a striker who can play up top and not quite a winger in a 4-4-1-1 type thing. Harry definitely seems interested so obviously he'll have plans for how to use him if we do get him in.

Wierdly quite excited about the whole summer transfer window now, it's been said many times before but it seems like we won't be fudging around on the deadline day for the brick no one else has picked up. Obviously it all depends on Bayern Munich though, that is going to be a horrible game to watch.

Remy seems an exciting player but 20m does seem an awful lot. That being said I can't claim to know much about him as I don't really watch Ligue 1.

I can't help but worry that he falls in to the bracket of not quite being a striker who can play up top and not quite a winger in a 4-4-1-1 type thing. Harry definitely seems interested so obviously he'll have plans for how to use him if we do get him in.

Wierdly quite excited about the whole summer transfer window now, it's been said many times before but it seems like we won't be fudging around on the deadline day for the brick no one else has picked up. Obviously it all depends on Bayern Munich though, that is going to be a horrible game to watch.

If we spend ?ú20m on a player this Summer I'll be amazed (unless we have a big money sale of a player) but delighted.....as long as the player turns out to be worth it....!

To be fair Remy is the kind of player we need to take a punt on, someone at a good age, not an insane price (city/madrid type signing pricewise) and it seems that he is undoubtedly talented but maybe not consistent enough for a top side to be after him. If it comes off we could have a truly world class striker on our books in his prime.

Back