• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ta-ta Tottenham? Modric drops hint that he's ready to leave Spurs

'I will make the decision where to continue my career after the European Championship - I’m ready for the big tests' says in-demand midfielder

Defiant Luka Modric has reignited doubts over his Spurs future by claiming he could be off after Euro 2012.

Modric, 26, said: “I will decide about my future after the Euros.

“I will make the decision where to continue my career. I’m ready for the big tests.”

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has already vowed to fight any attempts to prise his key players away this summer.

But Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini revealed earlier this year that he is a big admirer of the Croatian midfielder.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson also has Modric on his shortlist as he bids to revamp his deposed champions and Chelsea are set to come back in for him having been frustrated last summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...665?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He'll do well to keep his mouth shut, he had to come back humiliated with his tail between his legs last summer, I'm sure he doesn't want Levy to do the same to him again, because there's just long enough on his contract to make him hang around for another year without his value decreasing too much.

'I will make the decision where to continue my career after the European Championship - I’m ready for the big tests' says in-demand midfielder

Defiant Luka Modric has reignited doubts over his Spurs future by claiming he could be off after Euro 2012.

Modric, 26, said: “I will decide about my future after the Euros.

“I will make the decision where to continue my career. I’m ready for the big tests.”

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has already vowed to fight any attempts to prise his key players away this summer.

But Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini revealed earlier this year that he is a big admirer of the Croatian midfielder.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson also has Modric on his shortlist as he bids to revamp his deposed champions and Chelsea are set to come back in for him having been frustrated last summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...665?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here we go again. ](*,)

Just sell him. If he's set on leaving and Levy can milk someone outside the PL for ?ú50mill let him have his way, no point forcing him to stay for another season. I want fully committed players at the club.

Before we get all uppity about this, it sounds like he's saying he wants to fight for honours and play CL football regularly.

If Saturday goes to plan, and Levy invests early this summer - then what's to say he won't do it here?

He could be putting pressure on Levy.

He wanted to leave because we weren't in the CL, this year, we may be.

'I will make the decision where to continue my career after the European Championship - IÔÇÖm ready for the big tests' says in-demand midfielder

Modric, 26, said: ÔÇ£I will decide about my future after the Euros.

ÔÇ£I will make the decision where to continue my career. IÔÇÖm ready for the big tests.ÔÇØ

That paper hates us.

'I will make the decision where to continue my career after the European Championship - IÔÇÖm ready for the big tests' says in-demand midfielder

Modric, 26, said: ÔÇ£I will decide about my future after the Euros.

ÔÇ£I will make the decision where to continue my career. IÔÇÖm ready for the big tests.ÔÇØ

No you macaron, you are under contract. WE will decide where you play next year.

Seriously, the american sports system is just so superior. You sign a contract and you stick to it

As for modric if he wants to fight for important competitions he should up his game with us because in big matches. Arsenal at their place, man u at ours and that semi against chelsea he was awful in all 3. He is a good player sets the tempo well but i for one would be happy to sell and bring in sigguardson and elm and use the rest for the striker.

I feel he is a little over rated, not to say he is not good he is but he is not as vital to us as some would have you belive. Also do not feel he has the confidence to take the game by the scruff off the neck, maybe why he wants to go somewhere else so other players do the hard work and he picks up the plaudits.

No you macaron, you are under contract. WE will decide where you play next year.

Seriously, the american sports system is just so superior. You sign a contract and you stick to it

The little prick didnt learn one thing from last year did he ? It's right what they say.... some footballers really are thick as pig brick.

Before we get all uppity about this, it sounds like he's saying he wants to fight for honours and play CL football regularly.

If Saturday goes to plan, and Levy invests early this summer - then what's to say he won't do it here?

He could be putting pressure on Levy.

He wanted to leave because we weren't in the CL, this year, we may be.

To much sense in that that post, do you not know he is a traitor and should be shot at dawn. :-"

To be fair Remy is the kind of player we need to take a punt on, someone at a good age, not an insane price (city/madrid type signing pricewise) and it seems that he is undoubtedly talented but maybe not consistent enough for a top side to be after him. If it comes off we could have a truly world class striker on our books in his prime.

Remy is older than you think. He's the same age as Lennon (or the same age as Ade was when he moved from Arsenal to City).

It was obvious last year that he wanted to leave,but he stayed,kept his mouth shut the whole season,helped the team achieve 4th spot and now he is a prick again?He is 26,he knows that we wont be able to compete for the premiership in the next few years,let alone the champions league and he said his objective is to win trophies.

You guys should realize that players once they are on a certain level,they WILL leave us.Even Manchester United and Arsenal cant keep their best players,even tho their wages are much bigger than ours and ManU wins titles almost every season.We had 4 great seasons with Modric,finished 2 times 4th,played FA cup semi finals,played in the CL and even in a CC final.

I m just happy we had a player like him,ultimately we always knew that he was gonna leave,it was just a matter of time.

If Modric leaves then it cannot be to one of our rivals. That would be daft.

I'm hoping a good showing by him with Croatia at the Euros will mean that some of the big guns on the continent enter the race for him - and pay a higher price too.

That's if he does leave...

I'm hoping a good showing by him with Croatia at the Euros will mean that some of the big guns on the continent enter the race for him - and pay a higher price too.

That's if he does leave...

He's the obvious replacement for Xavi IMO. For that reason he might be convinced to sit tight until Xavi retires (he is 32 now).

Back