• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just about every aspect? stronger, quicker, a much greater attacking threat, more influential in the big moments.. modric probably has better close control, but even that's debatable.

Modric is far quicker and more mobile than Fabregas,has better dribbling skills,is better defensively overall and has better balance on the ball.The "influental in big moments" is debatable since Arsenal didnt win a trophy in 6 years with him there.

Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero has issued a come and get me plea to London's Premier League clubs.
The 37-year-old is set to call time on his 19-year career at Juventus after helping them lift the Serie A title this season.

article-0-131226E0000005DC-187_468x286.jpg
Glittering career: Alessandro Del Piero ended his 19-year stay at Juventus by lifting the Serie A title

And the veteran forward wants a fresh challenge and admitted he would love the chance to play in England.
Del Piero is considering three options and Arsenal, Tottenham and QPR have all been linked in recent weeks.
He told Italian newspaper Corriere Dello Sport: 'England is a place where the football is so good, but I have still not agreed anything with a club.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...o-eyes-Premier-League-move.html#ixzz1v0xl133r

Before we get all uppity about this, it sounds like he's saying he wants to fight for honours and play CL football regularly.

If Saturday goes to plan, and Levy invests early this summer - then what's to say he won't do it here?

He could be putting pressure on Levy.

He wanted to leave because we weren't in the CL, this year, we may be.

Very well said. If we decided not to spend properly this summer and were likely to slip to say 6th in the league next year then I couldnt blame him for wanting to leave

On the other hand, if we show some intent over the next 2 months before the players return to training then hopefully he'll stay

Some people on here need to calm down a bit

Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero has issued a come and get me plea to London's Premier League clubs.
The 37-year-old is set to call time on his 19-year career at Juventus after helping them lift the Serie A title this season.

Glittering career: Alessandro Del Piero ended his 19-year stay at Juventus by lifting the Serie A title

And the veteran forward wants a fresh challenge and admitted he would love the chance to play in England.
Del Piero is considering three options and Arsenal, Tottenham and QPR have all been linked in recent weeks.
He told Italian newspaper Corriere Dello Sport: 'England is a place where the football is so good, but I have still not agreed anything with a club.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...o-eyes-Premier-League-move.html#ixzz1v0xl133r

no thanks.Maybe 5-10 years ago but not now

Would depend on his wages and what role in the team he expect to have,
could see Del Piero being an excellent man to put on at 60 mins when Rafa usually have to go off.

I d rather have him than Saha to be honest.
Winning expirience and attitude,fantastic set pieces and great finishing technique.
We could certainly use someone like him in our team

Please yes. This is one oldie I won't criticize Harry for trying to get, as long as he works hard and isn't out for a last pay-day. Fantastic finisher and passer, even now, and has won exponentially more than most of our squad put together. A great striker to call upon for a year or so, plus another if he does well.

Would depend on his wages and what role in the team he expect to have,
could see Del Piero being an excellent man to put on at 60 mins when Rafa usually have to go off.

He wants to coming to England for a last pay-day and the clubs he's linked to, if true, are London clubs ie he's not coming here just for the football

He'd also expect to start given what he's achieved in the game and having him and Rafa up top would be the slowest front two in teh league.

I really dont see any point in signing him...

Ta-ta Tottenham? Modric drops hint that he's ready to leave Spurs

'I will make the decision where to continue my career after the European Championship - I’m ready for the big tests' says in-demand midfielder

Defiant Luka Modric has reignited doubts over his Spurs future by claiming he could be off after Euro 2012.

Modric, 26, said: “I will decide about my future after the Euros.

“I will make the decision where to continue my career. I’m ready for the big tests.”

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has already vowed to fight any attempts to prise his key players away this summer.

But Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini revealed earlier this year that he is a big admirer of the Croatian midfielder.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson also has Modric on his shortlist as he bids to revamp his deposed champions and Chelsea are set to come back in for him having been frustrated last summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...665?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Journalism like this can fudge off.

I always smell flimflam when they dont say what questions they asked him. They could have easily asked:

Are you staying at spurs?
'i will make a decision on my career after the euros'

Are you prepared for the Euro's?
'yes, im ready for the big tests'

---

Connect the two and you have a quote questioning his future.

There just isnt enough evidence to suggest those quotes were meant like that.

Utter gonad*s

Journalism like this can fudge off.

I always smell flimflam when they dont say what questions they asked him. They could have easily asked:

Are you staying at spurs?
'i will make a decision on my career after the euros'

Are you prepared for the Euro's?
'yes, im ready for the big tests'

---

Connect the two and you have a quote questioning his future.

There just isnt enough evidence to suggest those quotes were meant like that.

Utter gonad*s

Yeah, we said the same things last summer when the stories first broke. Still, I'm inclined to agree with you. 'I'll make a decision after the euros' and 'I'm ready for the big tests' don't really go together, I feel.

Back