• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Villas-Boas: "I’m not sure of Liverpool’s intentions on Andy Carroll but it’s certainly not a player we are looking for." ‪

Don't make me regret believing in you mr. Villas-Boas! Grrrr!!!

Not a player we are looking for and a player we get as a last resort are two very different things

Im not looking for a blonde bimbo BUT if all else fails and I get lumbered with a blonde bimbo then she will just have to do.

(I would not complain if I got a blonde bimbo may I add)

Just caught up with the last few pages and as the season draws ever so nearer I've come to the definite conclusion...

I need to take up fecking meditation or something.

Wooosaaah. Wooosaaah.

SPURS are eyeing a move for Inter keeper Julio Cesar — who could be available on a free.

Boss Andre Villas-Boas has turned his attention to Cesar as Lyon have demanded £15million for Hugo Llorris.

Italian giants Inter want to get the big-earning Brazil keeper, 32, off their wage bill as he pockets £85,000 a week after tax.

They tried to offload Cesar to Palmeiras for free last month but his wages proved a problem.

Luka Modric’s move from Spurs to Real Madrid has been further delayed as the Spanish giants haggle with AC Milan over their Kaka bid.

Real will up their £30m offer for Modric if Kaka is offloaded. Milan chief Adriano Galliani said: “Operation Kaka is very difficult as the costs are so high.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4480200/Julio-Cesar-transfer-Tottenham-want-Inter-Milan-keeper.html

Levy popping to the corner shop

Levy - Pint of milk please
Shopkeeper - that will be 49p, your pretty lucky only two left.
Levy - I'll give you 30p
Shopkeeper - 49p
Levy - whats the date on it
Shopkeeper - 12th
Levy - 20p
Shopkeeper - what!, thats less.. 49p
Levy - Only has 2 days on it
Shopkeeper - Ok 40p
Levy - 20p and I'll give you another 5p for each day upto useby date
Shopkeeper - wtf.. 40p or nothing
Levy - OK, 30p but I get a sell on for that other pint of milk of 10p
Shopkeeper - huh, but you don't own that pint
Levy - But thats the price you pay for me buying this pint
Shopkeeper - Ok, 30p and its yours
Levy - hhmm, its been sitting out of that fridge now for 5 minutes.. 20p
Shopkeeper - Really! Well I shall swap this pint with the remianing one in the fridge 30 fudging p
Levy - hhmm not sure I want that one. 15p
Shopkeeper - what!!! fudge off
Levy - 20p
Shopkeeper - fudge off
Levy - 25p and I'll chuck in Jenas
Shopkeeper - Deal, need a shelfstacker

AVB OUT!
Bring back Harry, He would never of let us lose to Valencia and 4-4-2 is much better than 4-3-3.

And he would cheer us up with some transfer news.

Last edited:
Levy popping to the corner shop

Levy - Pint of milk please
Shopkeeper - that will be 49p, your pretty lucky only two left.
Levy - I'll give you 30p
Shopkeeper - 49p
Levy - whats the date on it
Shopkeeper - 12th
Levy - 20p
Shopkeeper - what!, thats less.. 49p
Levy - Only has 2 days on it
Shopkeeper - Ok 40p
Levy - 20p and I'll give you another 5p for each day upto useby date
Shopkeeper - wtf.. 40p or nothing
Levy - OK, 30p but I get a sell on for that other pint of milk of 10p
Shopkeeper - huh, but you don't own that pint
Levy - But thats the price you pay for me buying this pint
Shopkeeper - Ok, 30p and its yours
Levy - hhmm, its been sitting out of that fridge now for 5 minutes.. 20p
Shopkeeper - Really! Well I shall swap this pint with the remianing one in the fridge 30 fudging p
Levy - hhmm not sure I want that one. 15p
Shopkeeper - what!!! fudge off
Levy - 20p
Shopkeeper - fudge off
Levy - 25p and I'll chuck in Jenas
Shopkeeper - Deal, need a shelfstacker

:ross:

Who else thinks its worth paying an extra 10-15m in fees so we can start the season with all our transfer business done?
Tottenham under AVB need to get off to a decent start, or it will be a long and arduous transition.

Frankly I wouldn't mind Carroll if he's not the only striker we're bringing in.. would definitely provide a different option. But will never happen considering his high wages and Liverpool wanting at least 15m..

Last edited:
TRANSFER GOSSIP

Luka Modric is being forced to train on his own at Tottenham's training ground, but Real Madrid could be cooling their interest in the 26-year-old Croatian midfielder.
Nigel de Jong

Wesley Sneidjer wants to team up with Nigel De Jong on a permanent basis.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Chelsea are turning their attention to Napoli's Edinson Cavani, 25, after losing out to Zenit St Petersburg for 26-year-old Porto striker Hulk.

Full story: Daily Star

Joe Allen watched Liverpool's Europa League defeat of FC Gomel from the Anfield directors' box ahead of the 22-year-old midfielder's £15m move from Swansea City.

Full story: Daily Mail

Dutch international Wesley Sneidjer is urging Inter Milan to buy his team-mate, 27-year-old defender Nigel de Jong, from Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Metro

Chelsea are looking at Juventus right back Stephan Lichtsteiner, 28, after their move for 22-year-old Spanish defender Cesar Azpilicueta of Marseilles stalled.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Middlesbrough hope to finalise a loan move for Chelsea's 19-year-old midfielder Josh McEachran.

Ki Sung-Yeung

Ki Sung-Yeung is thought to prefer a move to the Emirates Stadium.

Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung, 23, is now a target for Atletico Madrid as well as Arsenal.

Full story: talkSPORT

Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku, 19, is wanted on loan by West Brom after the striker's agent Christophe Henrotay ruled out a deal with Fulham.

Caen striker M'Baye Niang, 17, is set to disappoint Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham by joining AC Milan on loan.

Full story: Evening Standard

John Guidetti's proposed loan move from Emirates Marketing Project to Sunderland could be in jeopardy because the 20-year-old Swedish striker is struggling to shake off a virus.

OTHER GOSSIP

John Terry, 31, is set to be left out of the England squad for the friendly against Italy as Roy Hodgson opts to name an experimental lineup.

Full story: The Guardian
AND FINALLY

Everton fans fulfilled a long-standing promise to invade the pitch if stalwart Tony Hibbert, 31, ever scored a goal. The long serving defender, who has made 308 senior appearances for the Toffees, finally got onto the scoresheet in his testimonial match against AEK Athens.

Full story: Metro

Carroll is a decent player, just not a 35mil one. At the right price he's worth a gamble. Cannot see Liverpool letting us take him on loan, lose-lose situation for them there. Far more likely they would cut a loss and send him back home, or force his hand and make him go to West Ham.

I agree, his form at the end of the season was very good and he can be a real handful on his day. I do not think that he is worth more than £15m though.

I also think that he is a confidence player and moving for a big fee and the lack of goals clearly got to him at Liverpool. I would be a little worried that Rodgers not wanting him and Liverpool touting him around this summer could affect his confidence again and his form suffers. WHL groaning every time he failed to hold onto the ball certainly wouldn't help.

Back