• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was AVB cheap (ish)? I missed the details of his contract if they were posted.

im convinced Levy got him in because there was no compensation to pay, and AVB was that desperate to take on another big job that he probably took a cut in salary too.

im convinced Levy got him in because there was no compensation to pay, and AVB was that desperate to take on another big job that he probably took a cut in salary too.

thats a ridiculous suggestion! No remotely sane chairman would hire a manager simply because the guy could come for free - its too key a role in a club. You might hire a chef or cleaner like that but not a manager!!

Not just because their was no compensation. If, as seems likely, Levy has being looking at potential new managers since last summer - the relationship with 'Arry was never good, there was the trial and the upcoming England job - then AVB might have been high on his list when considerable compensation was required. Remove the compensation requirement and he becomes even more desirable.

Leandro Damiao: Internacional claim it would require a huge transfer fee for them to sell the striker
Sky Bet

Tottenham's Next Match
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 11/8
Draw 12/5
Tottenham 13/8
Premier League Match Bets 12/13
£10 Free Bet
Internacional have made it clear it would take a vast sum to part with Brazil forward Leandro Damiao amid reported interest from Tottenham.

Damiao has attracted headlines in the UK after scoring six goals in just four starts for Brazil to help the South American side to the final of the Olympic tournament at Wembley on Saturday.

The 23-year-old forward is believed to be a target for Andre Villas-Boas as he looks to strengthen the Spurs forward line ahead of the forthcoming Premier League campaign.

But Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has moved to dampen speculation by highlighting the Porto Alegre club's financial strength and the length of the player's contract.

"I think it's very hard for the transfer to happen unless Tottenham pay the €60million (£47m) buyout fee that is included in his contract," Luigi told O Jogo.

Rich club

"Leandro Damiao has four more years on his contract. He is a very well paid player and has nothing to complain about.

"And we don't need to sell. We are a rich club with an enviable structure."

Vice-president Luciano Davi was a little more cautious but also reiterated that no offer had been received for the player.

Davi told Lancenet: "Right now Leandro Damiao is the only player that worries us but we have received no official offers for him."

Leandro Damiao: Internacional claim it would require a huge transfer fee for them to sell the striker

Internacional have made it clear it would take a vast sum to part with Brazil forward Leandro Damiao amid reported interest from Tottenham.

Damiao has attracted headlines in the UK after scoring six goals in just four starts for Brazil to help the South American side to the final of the Olympic tournament at Wembley on Saturday.

The 23-year-old forward is believed to be a target for Andre Villas-Boas as he looks to strengthen the Spurs forward line ahead of the forthcoming Premier League campaign.

But Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has moved to dampen speculation by highlighting the Porto Alegre club's financial strength and the length of the player's contract.

"I think it's very hard for the transfer to happen unless Tottenham pay the €60million (£47m) buyout fee that is included in his contract," Luigi told O Jogo.

Rich club

"Leandro Damiao has four more years on his contract. He is a very well paid player and has nothing to complain about.

Vice-president Luciano Davi was a little more cautious but also reiterated that no offer had been received for the player.

Davi told Lancenet: "Right now Leandro Damiao is the only player that worries us but we have received no official offers for him."

Rich club

Well thats us fudged then

£47m might be crazy, but I can't see why they should accept less than for Oscar. He's a striker and more established (or at least better known). And having sold Oscar they won't be needing the cash.

With a home world cup in two years there could be a good incentives to stay.

am i the only one who thinks andy carroll isnt that bad? scored a nice goal at the euros at least! he's a striker who is available and can score goals. not many of them around that i can think of

£47m might be crazy, but I can't see why they should accept less than for Oscar. He's a striker and more established (or at least better known). And having sold Oscar they won't be needing the cash.

With a home world cup in two years there could be a good incentives to stay.

absolutely agree

seriously, this boat sailed long ago and i hope Spurs have been looking elsewhere....actually it seems they have, welcome Andy Carroll

am i the only one who thinks andy carroll isnt that bad? scored a nice goal at the euros at least! he's a striker who is available and can score goals. not many of them around that i can think of

Brilliance from Levy, we are all so fcuking desperate for a striker we as fans will have to accept Carroll because time is running out and there is no-one else available for us

Carroll isnt bad but we should have snapped up someone better

joke of a transfer window, i feel sorry for AVB

and Levy will pat himself on the back at buying Carroll for a potential lets say 17 mill, a massive 18 mill cheaper than what Liverpool paid for him.

same with AVB, Levy gets him for free a year after Cheslea paid 14 mill for his services, i bet Levy double patted himself on the back for that

its all about the numbers to Levy

Would rather start the season with Tom Carroll up front.

Does anyone remember AVB's snigger when Andy Carroll's name was suggested to him a few weeks ago? He's just as likely to find use for a cumbersome immobile thug as Rodgers.

Unless he sees him as Dawsons replacement at CB?

Back