• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps they're not soft mercenary tacos who moan after 2 consectuive games on the bench an are actually willing to fight for a spot in the team - as opposed to going into the Tundra and having a pop back from a distance

id rather have kept the mercenaries instead of those two muppets.........if only Levy would give them away like he wants City to give away Ade :-k

Tottenham looking at other options after Adebayor jeopardises move - Villas-Boas

The Togolese is demanding all of the agreed £4 million transfer fee to leave Emirates Marketing Project for White Hart Lane leaving the north Londoners to now consider alternatives

Tottenham are considering other options up front after Emmanuel Adebayor's financial stipulations threatened to derail his move from Emirates Marketing Project, boss Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed.

Goal.com exclusively revealed on Wednesday that the Togolese's desire "to punish" his parent club by demanding all £4 million of the two sides' agreed transfer fee could put an end to his permanent switch to White Hart Lane.

And, speaking to the media after Spurs' return from their tour of USA, Villas-Boas confirmed that his side were "looking at different options" as a result.

"Obviously there was an interest in Ade but we have a need first for Jermain [Defoe] to get back from his personal tragedy for the team to have further options in the striker position," said the 34-year-old, referring to the recent death of the forward's cousin.

The Tottenham manager also praised Gareth Bale, who had been at the centre of controversy while Stateside over first his withdrawal from Team GB's Olympic squad and then a row over a tackle by Liverpool's Charlie Adam.

Villas-Boas enthused: "He's an unbelievable talent.

"As a manager you are trying to make sure you get the most of him out of him he's a tremendous physical athlete, of course, but one with fantastic football talent."

The ex-Chelsea boss went on to declare that, once his continuing efforts to bolster the squad are complete, the aim in 2012-13 will be to challenge for trophies - including, potentially, the Premier League.

"We are still building a team. The team can improve and we are looking to improve it," he continued.

"This is obviously not the final product and as we go through August we have to get the right perspective as to where we can improve and where we will arrive.

"The natural progression for our team will be to fight for titles and this is what we want this year.

"Obviously the Premier League is the most difficult one. It's not impossible and it's a challenge we accepted in the beginning [when I was hired] so we will have to see how we can take on that responsibility."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/02/3281683/-?

so Levy wants to fight for the title with Harry Kane up front....good luck with that:)

How the fudge are you going to fight for the title with Harry Kane and Jermain Defoe, Andre?

Sadly - it also sounds like Ade won't be joining - the true mercenary in him must have overhshadowed Bale's dancing moves and 'love' for the club. Shocker.

For those saying we're doing ok and we shouldn't panic - well, I for one think we are truly screwed for a striker. Yet again. Ade was the closest to a cheap quality option Levy could entertain.

And just to add - our record transfer to date being around 16-17m which one could argue is around 19-20m adding inflation today - is still a considerable amount of money for a quality player. All comes down to see if Levy is willing to show that his cheque book can match the wording thrown around AVB's appointment - i.e. the long term vision and project (presumably one of the reasons Redknapp got the boot)

Last edited:
Does Arcspace want a team with Carroll, Jenas and Bentley in it? Whoop whoop 11th here we come!

Way to miss the point, fella

The Carroll argument aside - I simply pointed our how players like Bentley and Jenas are willing to fight for a place in the team and behave professionally as opposed to those mercenary tacos who moaned in the press every week and even after they left for much bricker and smaller clubs in the nothingness (because that's the limit of their abilities after all) they still had the nerve to smear brick on the club and Levy. Pathetic. If you are unable to see the sheer quntness in that - then, at least refrain from insinuating false suggestions on my behalf.

Going back to the Lewandowski (most likely utter tripe as usual) rumours - I don't think he would be unaffordable per se

They sold Kagawa (potentially even bigger talent and 'commerically' superior) for a reported 13.2m while Lewandowski only has 2 years left on his current deal according to transfermarkt, so I'd guess a solid offer in the late 10s wouldn't exactly be considered outrageous. They would still make a massive +/- 400% profit (wages excluded).

It would be a very Berbatov-like signing, mind you - a young player (2 years younger than Dimitar at the time) with massive potential on the back of some excellent Bundesliga performances and a national rising superstar. Not to mention winning the league twice in a row.

I'm rather desperate, and at the same time petrified of seeing the same utter flimflam unfold on deadline day, so I guess right now any decent player with potential would do. Boo-fudging-hoo

Last edited:
Haha Lewandowski! People actually think Dortmund would sell Lewandowski! And they think we'd have a chance of being the club he'd choose to go to!
Absolutely fudging ridiculous.

really? seriously? you know somebody at Dortmund?

They will sell Lewandowski for the right amount. Marco Reus will take his place

Dortmund already sold Barrios and brought in the rather erratic Julian Schieber as his replacement. Don't think they'll be willing to let their other good striker go.

Still, if he were to be made available by Dortmund, I'd imagine a bid somewhere in the region of 16-20 million quid would be enough to land him.

Though, if the likely happens and the link turns out to be bull, then perhaps...erm...goddamnit. Can't think of a good striker that would improve us that wouldn't cost us our front teeth. Well, Ade, but, as mentioned above, he seems to have stalled on accepting what we offered him, so...kaput. Erm...

...Berba? Well, if we are really THAT desperate....

Going back to the Lewandowski (most likely utter tripe as usual) rumours - I don't think he would be unaffordable per se

They sold Kagawa (potentially even bigger talent and 'commerically' superior) for a reported 13.2m while Lewandowski only has 2 years left on his current deal according to transfermarkt, so I'd guess a solid offer in the late 10s wouldn't exactly be considered outrageous. They would still make a massive +/- 400% profit (wages excluded).

It would be a very Berbatov-like signing, mind you - a young player (2 years younger than Dimitar at the time) with massive potential on the back of some excellent Bundesliga performances and a national rising superstar. Not to mention winning the league twice in a row.

I'm rather desperate, and at the same time petrified of seeing the same utter flimflam unfold on deadline day, so I guess right now any decent player with potential would do. Boo-fudging-hoo

Kagawa only had 1 year left on his contract

so Levy wants to fight for the title with Harry Kane up front....good luck with that:)

From when AVB was appointed:

Daniel Levy continued: "We are constantly looking to move the Club forward. It is important that we now look to develop the potential within the squads at all levels, whilst strengthening the First Team in the summer in key positions with players who will become part of the future success of the Club.”

From when AVB was appointed:

Daniel Levy continued: "We are constantly looking to move the Club forward. It is important that we now look to develop the potential within the squads at all levels, whilst strengthening the First Team in the summer in key positions with players who will become part of the future success of the Club.”

Hence my point further up regarding Levy putting his cheque book where it matters. Pointless blabbing off about this brick yet miss the boat completely window after window.

Back