• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes Ade could be more clinical but his overall contribution is superb, and we already know he works for us. It's a no brainer for me at the fee being mentioned. Lewandowski would be a bit of a coup if it came off. I don't really care if one is happy or not being on the bench. CL contenders need more than one top striker.

Just as an aside... What ever happened to We8Campbell? he was always good for some insider info...

I don't know/remember the specifics, but he had a meltdown a year or more back. I think he was fed up having his ITK info challenged. I assume he is Vilanova's spokesperson or chief scout or head reserve team coach by now.

Yeah, I remember us being linked with Dzagoev about 5 or 6 weeks ago when he was banging in goals for Russia at the Euro's.. didn't his Dad come out and say we were interested

Ah fair enough, Why do people always say that? I know it's not literal but, if somebody was about to shoot you and all of a sudden you said 'don't shoot me' thats probably not going to dissuade them that much really they won't say 'oh, sorry I didn't realise you didn't wish to be shot, I'll be on my merry way. Ho Hum'

It's used in the wrong context by the ITK's which is unsurprising seeing as they have the collective IQ of my left nugget.

"Don't shoot the messenger" relates to somebody relaying bad news, in which case the recipient of the news would react. "Don't shoot the messenger" merely means "I am telling you the news, but I am not responsible for it occurring, so go blame that person instead".

The ITK's believe it means "I got told some make believe, so when you eventually realise it's flimflam, don't blame me, blame the person who told me", which is a nonsense because the person passing on the flimflam is no better than the trumper himself.

Stekelenburg looked terrible at the Euros.

I remember we looked at him back in 2008 when we went for Gomes instead.

so did the whole Dutch team though to be fair as well as many other highly rated players from other nations. Can't really judge based on tournaments.

Dzagoev is going to be a superstar.

I said weeks before Euro 2012 that we should be banging down the door to sign him.

If he comes to Spurs, it would be equal to the coup of signing Modric IMO.

€26m is the rumoured fee that CSKA have written into his contract.

Back