• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love us to see both. With GDS looking like he might want to stay.

Bale/Townsend Adebayor/Lewadowski/Defoe Lennon/GDS

That would be some decent options for the 3 in the 4-3-3

That would indeed be something. Imagine we ended up with that after people worrying we would be stuck with Kane and Defoe!

Although it seems like it would be a tough ask to keep both Ade and Lewa happy. Although if we are looking to compete strong in 4 competitions, maybe it won't be too tough...

We would certainly have excellent options though. Townsend a perfect back up for Bale IMO as we aren't gonna sign someone much better willing to sit around waiting for a chance on the left wing - a young guy with potential and talent is perfect. Lennon and GDS on the other side is good too. Sig and Rafa in behind them. Sandro/Parker/Huddlestone/Potentially Moutinho giving us depth for the midfield.

True - but currently we don't have him. I don't get to too many matches but I've seen VDV, Defoe, Kane AND Bale tinkle penalties in person! I never feel confident when we get a pen. With Cardozo I might!

yeh me too. Defoe is awful, but VDV doesnt miss many, think hes missed 2? Bolton and another one, maybe only 1!

By the way I went on Newsnow Arsenal (dont hate me!) and it looks like Cardozo is going to them in the next few days. loads of sites saying it.

Adebayor is not worth the high wages. 9 goals last season if you take away the pens. Plus he plays like a lazy c*nt in many games, and is a very poor finisher and brick in the air.

Top class in the hold up play though, but thats not enough.

Adebayor is not worth the high wages. 9 goals last season if you take away the pens. Plus he plays like a lazy c*nt in many games, and is a very poor finisher and brick in the air.

Top class in the hold up play though, but thats not enough.

Er, why would you take them away? They're harder to score than a lot of goals from normal play, last time I checked they still count as a goal for the team and I don't know if you've noticed but we've been pretty awful at them in recent seasons.....

I think so.. there was a picture in the pre-games thread with the players and a cup.

Does it really matter? :p

Of course it does - I have seen spurs lift three cups in my lifetime supporting spurs thats just over 20 fudging years. I will take the fudging wooden spoon if they were handing them out

Er, why would you take them away? They're harder to score than a lot of goals from normal play, last time I checked they still count as a goal for the team and I don't know if you've noticed but we've been pretty awful at them in recent seasons.....

Spot on. Lineker scored 48 goals for England, but nobody says, 'Ah yes,but x amount were penalties'

Back