• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their bid for Granero has been rejected I believe. Mind you he looks like a scouser...

Granero_2792828.jpg

Needs a tash

Haven't seen much of him since moving to Italy but I wanted us to move for him on a free after leaving Chelsea, seems he's done well since.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18773700

Liverpool close to signing Roma forward Fabio Borini

Carroll out?

He's only just signed for Roma after a loan spell there last season..... Plus I read a week or so ago him stating that he didn't want to go to any other club except Roma.

Very odd.

I can't see Carroll working under Rodgers, wouldn't surprise me to see them try to cash in on him although they'll never get anywhere near back what they paid out.

Last edited:
Honestly agree with this.

Might even go as high as 10m... Would be a half decent 'plan b'..

(Or c/d/e)

Same here. I think he has struggled at Liverpool but he's a better striker than people give him credit for. I'm not sure about his link up play but he can finish and is very good in the air, he could be our new Crouch (said because I read someone say that we haven't replaced Crouch yet).

We'd have to start crossing in above knee height first though. Most of Bale"s crosses are those teasing ones skidded across the 6-yard box on the ground. Bentley would become useful though...

Honestly agree with this.

Might even go as high as 10m... Would be a half decent 'plan b'..

(Or c/d/e)

Sorry I should have made it clearer

If Liverscum give us 5m I would take the donkey. I didnt mean we pay them. They pay us.

He's only just signed for Roma after a loan spell there last season..... Plus I read a week or so ago him stating that he didn't want to go to any other club except Roma.

Very odd.

I can't see Carroll working under Rodgers, wouldn't surprise me to see them try to cash in on him although they'll never get anywhere near back what they paid out.
Borini was on loan with Swansea in 2011, and also worked with Rodgers at Chelsea I think. So there's that connection.

Agreed, as was Crouch. Just a shame that Harry used him as a plan A and had no plan B.

Feed the donkey and he will score.
The most annoying thing about lumping the ball up to Crouch was that no-one twigged he was terrible in the air. Carroll can at least jump and head the ball.

Borini and Gaston Ramirez would be great signings for Pool. I did think that Roma had just bought 100% of Borini's rights a week or two ago (though maybe it was in anticipation of a sale); and the link to Ramirez is an old one that comes from Comolli's days.

It's not a bad idea to go after BR's choices in players - I'd love Vorm here (though he's not nearly as used to a high line as some people think...Swansea typically retain possession in their own half) and he'd be cheaper than Krul or Lloris. Joe Allen would not be bad either, even if he's no replacement for Modders.

I assume we still have quite a bit of business to do too:
Adebayor
marquee Modric replacement
1 sweeper keeper (doubt it will be Lloris due to price tag and lack of stylistic fit)
1 wing forward
a few teenagers in Fryers (LB back-up, with Naughton as RB competition?) and Lascelles (long-term defensive prospect).

Plus a lot of deadwood shifting - I think Gio and even Iago Falque will try to compete for the wing forward spot in AVB's 4-3-3, but I'm sure we're trying to shift Bentley, Jenas (long-term ankle issue), Pienaar, and at least one CB.

I'd prefer us to look outside the PL if possible, esp La Liga and Serie A though they don't like to move up here. I think the Euros has really shown the gulf in technical ability between relatively unknown/average players from other leagues and PL-based players who weren't brought up in other leagues (ie not Silva, Modric).

Am I the only one that would take Carroll for around £10mill

Low wages and pretty young so could be worth it.

Am I the only one that would take Carroll for around £10mill

Low wages and pretty young so could be worth it.

He is comfortably worth £10m, I'd even take him around the £12m price. Showed his talent at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but 4 goals in 34 Premiership appearances last season raises question marks.

We have the players to play to his strengths with Bale and Lennon, no reason he wouldn't thrive in our team.

FourFourTom ‏@FourFourTom
Internacional's Oscar has signed for Chelsea according to several media outlets. Fee in the region of £25million.

Borini and Gaston Ramirez would be great signings for Pool. I did think that Roma had just bought 100% of Borini's rights a week or two ago (though maybe it was in anticipation of a sale); and the link to Ramirez is an old one that comes from Comolli's days.

It's not a bad idea to go after BR's choices in players - I'd love Vorm here (though he's not nearly as used to a high line as some people think...Swansea typically retain possession in their own half) and he'd be cheaper than Krul or Lloris. Joe Allen would not be bad either, even if he's no replacement for Modders.

I assume we still have quite a bit of business to do too:
Adebayor
marquee Modric replacement
1 sweeper keeper (doubt it will be Lloris due to price tag and lack of stylistic fit)
1 wing forward
a few teenagers in Fryers (LB back-up, with Naughton as RB competition?) and Lascelles (long-term defensive prospect).

Plus a lot of deadwood shifting - I think Gio and even Iago Falque will try to compete for the wing forward spot in AVB's 4-3-3, but I'm sure we're trying to shift Bentley, Jenas (long-term ankle issue), Pienaar, and at least one CB.

I'd prefer us to look outside the PL if possible, esp La Liga and Serie A though they don't like to move up here. I think the Euros has really shown the gulf in technical ability between relatively unknown/average players from other leagues and PL-based players who weren't brought up in other leagues (ie not Silva, Modric).

What parts of Lorris' game doesn't fit into AVB's style? (Just wondering about your opinion, not having a go)

Back