• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No no no, he's poor.
Naughton is coming back to us, he can play both sides, as can Adam Smith.
And we'd easily find better players if we'd look for one.
Have Rafa talk us up to Jetro Willems perhaps ..

I would take Shorey as back up to BAE i.e. european games etc.

I would rather save whatever cash we have for our top priorities ie. two strikers and a defender

Would Drenthe be worth signing on free transfer? I read on a site that his contract with Real Madrid is up.

I would rather save whatever cash we have for our top priorities ie. two strikers and a defender

We need 3 strikers. If we sell Defoe, and don't extend Saha's contract, we will have no strikers.

Have you got a link?

Whatever happens we need some sort of plan for back up for Benny, Rose is just not ready. Needs another loan out.

Heard it on the radio. Some bargains for a few clubs I would say, Klasnic released from Bolton plus about 11 others, Sunderland released 9

This is my thinking. Not suggesting we sign him to replace BAE, but as a free signing what we would have to lose, bags of experience.
I appreciate what Rosenthal is saying,but arent Naughton and Smith more RB's than LB. Just thinking Shorey, round peg round hole. Money will be tighter than we had hoped, as you say, the small amount we will probably have can go on other signings.
Much as people wont like it, I can see us signing Yakubu on a free too, seems as though Saha will be gone for sure.

And to answer El Guepardo, Drenthe woud be worth a dabble on a free, but I would suspect EVerton would get first refusal

I know I'll get pelters for this, but I heard the list of free agents from Premiership teams today, Didnt realise Nicky Shorey was available.
As a 'freebie' maybe worth a punt as a back-up for Benny, the guy was in the England squad a few years back, not for long I know, but a more capable option than Rose,currently.

No such thing as a free players. There'd be the signing on fee, he'd want at least 30k a week and we'd probably have to offer him at least a 3 year contract. He'd cost us the best part of 5m and we'll be struggling already fitting everyone into out 25 man squad.

I appreciate what Rosenthal is saying,but arent Naughton and Smith more RB's than LB. Just thinking Shorey, round peg round hole.

Both Smith and Naughton performed well on the left out on loan,
Naughton even at Premier League level and some of the best feed back I've read about him came on the left.
If you ask Norwich supporters who'd they prefer to play left back for them next season between Naughton and Shorey then you'll get more or less 100% behind Naughton.

Besides, we need to offer Naughton game time for him to progress and be satisfied at the club.
With Walker as his main competition he'll likely need all fullback opportunities he can get.

It worries me that there are no rumours in this thread about players leaving...

Bentley, Jenas, Nelsen.. There are more, can they please finally be sold?

Dos Santos? Heard people were interested in him in the jan window, why has it not been sorted during the season?

It worries me that there are no rumours in this thread about players leaving...

Bentley, Jenas, Nelsen.. There are more, can they please finally be sold?

Dos Santos? Heard people were interested in him in the jan window, why has it not been sorted during the season?

Well Nelsen will be gone (loan) as will Saha (loan).

As for the other deadwood - no one wants them - maybe Jenas would suit a Villa or QPR maybe.

We need 3 strikers. If we sell Defoe, and don't extend Saha's contract, we will have no strikers.

If we buy two strikers for 'big' money then we could do no worse than getting Yakubu as a sub. I dont want Defoe to leave but I think he will to like QPR or Villa etc

If you can believe the Mirror, Broomfield went to watch Internacional to check on Damiao.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-are-weighing-up-move-for-leandro-842054

I think he should be our no1 target this summer. It might take him a while to settle, but he's big, strong, pacey and an eye for goal.

I am of the opinon that by now we should have seen him enough times to know whether we want him or not considering we allegedly made a bid for him sometime last year

Back