• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there ever a transfer window we're not linked with bloody Lassana Diarra?

I'm willing to bet that, if he eventually does sign for us, there will still be a Daily Mail article four months later with the headline 'Spurs move in for Tottenham midfielder Diarra'.

He is the ultimate fall-back link. When nothing else is worth mentioning, Diarra to Spurs will do.

There is 0% chance that we will ever sign Diarra. We have both Sandro & Parker and are not looking to purchase another defensive midfielder, instead we're only looking at attacking midfielders.

I do like our apparently busy transfer window though, being linked with a number of very good players.

I think AVB is going to be a Sandro man. Makes sense that following Sandra's man we get the Sandro man, right?

There is 0% chance that we will ever sign Diarra. We have both Sandro & Parker and are not looking to purchase another defensive midfielder, instead we're only looking at attacking midfielders.

I do like our apparently busy transfer window though, being linked with a number of very good players.

I think AVB is going to be a Sandro man. Makes sense that following Sandra's man we get the Sandro man, right?

jake-livermore_2341835.jpg

Don't forget ,him as well.

I wish Tainio had been a good player...loved him and his attitude!

Spurs fan also!

He was a good player I thought, not quite good enough to get in our side now (although he'd be a massive upgrade on Livermore) he was just always injured.

Thinking about it, its either this summer or a long wait to get Oscar or Leandro. Can't see players wanting to risk a move and potential loss of form one year before they host the world cup.

Almost 100% certain that we will sign a new keeper. As certain that it will be someone who is very comfortable on the ball (for a goalie). Friedel isn't and because of that AVB will be looking to bring in someone new. Similar to how Rodgers spent a lot of time finding Vorm for Swansea, we need the right goalie to make the AVB system work properly. Vorm would work, but he would probably also be in the $10m+ category easily at this point, maybe we can find someone better abroad.

I don't think there is much chance of us going for Given. AVB will be looking at younger keepers, Given looks on his way to becoming past it and has injury issues. He also doesn't come for crosses unless they're about to hit him on the head.

Apart from Given and Hart I can't think of a single consistently good British goalkeeper in the last decade (I could be wrong of course), meanwhile there have been plenty good foreign keepers in the PL. All about finding the right man though.

True but I mean a foreign goalie for not a lot of money. Look at Vorm and krul and also scehzniey (fcuk knows how to spell) all cheap. Completely go against my comments on foreign players but they were bargains! Dont want us spending 15mil on a keeper!

We`re in for Azpilicueta from Marseille, competition and cover for Walker. Corluka replacement. Chelsea also chasing him according to Lequipe.

It is moving a lot in France. Paris have rocked the market.

Benny's picture on Twitter is of Homer Simpson as the incredible Hulk..

ITK!!!??

1891 May 2
H. Simpson ex St.Kilda, played in the opening round match of the season against St.Kilda at the St.Kilda ground.

H. Simpson appears in the 1891 Carlton Football Club team photo.

RB seems a very odd place to have two players of that potential..

Especially with our lack of options up front.. :|

Back