• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bar one game though, Gomez has looked like that most of the time for Germany

I've seen him be absolutely devastating for Bayern on more than one occasion, and other times look like he belonged in a pub team. A Jekyll and Hyde player if I ever saw one.

I was watching him closely in the semi-final and when German had possession he was aimlessly wandering around in a jog and frankly looked like he didn't know where to run or stand, once the ball went wide it was like a switch in his brain. He was making dangerous runs and look every bit the predator. It didn't happen for him but I could see why he scores so many goals. He has one skill and he lives off it and when it doesn't go for him he has nothing else to offer.

No club should touch him with a barge pole for at least another year. He looked worn out during his farewell press conference at Barca. Looked like he's lost a little love for the game too. He just needs some time away to recharge.

I just find it preposterous to even mention Pep in the same breath as our next manager, he'll have his year off and go to Chelski.

Can't see Guardiola drop his year off plans, nor turn down moneybags Chelski to take over Tottenham.
Also, if AVB wasnt the manager after all this speculation - i'm fairly certain he'd rule himself out in the media.

Pep as DOF and AVB as coach. You heard it here first.

I'm sorry, but if Defoe really was that good, he would have either played for us a lot more or joined a bigger club to be honest.

Not neccesarily, Defoe will get you goals.
Problem is that's all he does, and it's not enough in modern football.
He's outdated, more suited for the 80s and 90s, best used in 442.
He will score a lot, but team suffer.

Not neccesarily, Defoe will get you goals.
Problem is that's all he does, and it's not enough in modern football.
He's outdated, more suited for the 80s and 90s, best used in 442.
He will score a lot, but team suffer.

Exactly. He can't play in a 4 3 3 or play on his own up front.

I'm sorry, but if Defoe really was that good, he would have either played for us a lot more or joined a bigger club to be honest.

And he would have been a regular international rather than someone who is constantly in/out of the squad despite England having a dearth of CFs

I see Lucio has had the last two years of his contract paid up by Inter and he is now a free agent. He could end up in this league, I would not mind as long as it is not here

Can just see Pep thinking "Had enough of Messi, Xavi etc...now where were those riots again I fancy going there"

I see Lucio has had the last two years of his contract paid up by Inter and he is now a free agent. He could end up in this league, I would not mind as long as it is not here

Agreed. Fans who want him here (and there are quite a few) need to remember what Bale did to him at the Lane. He was playing in a high line, and he got woefully exposed. With AVB likely to employ the same tactics, similar things can be expected if he lines up as one of our CBs.

Back