• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just out of curiosity does anyone know when the players are due back for pre-season?

Am guessing that's likely to give us a bit of a clue of when we can expect movement on the management & coaching team front, everyone seems to have picked up on the beginning of july for transfers as well, am assuming this is all sort of linked to the AVB rumors.

On football manager it was always 30 June.

When is our first friendly? I expect we will be back 7 - 10 days before that.

If im certain of anyone staying, its VDV. Just cannot see him going any time soon.

I'm more confident about Bale staying than VDV tbh. I don't think VDV will be activly seeking a move away from the club but i have a feeling that if a club makes a good offer we'd accept. Not sure why i think that tbh (well actually i think it has a bit to do with his age and we'll probably not get another big bid for him again after this season).

German paper BILD says that Spurs are about to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson for 10 m Euro

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/g...fuer-10-mio-nach-tottenham-24850460.bild.html

Tottenham Hotspur have sensationally hijacked Liverpool’s move for Gylfi Sigurdsson and are expected to confirm the signing of the midfielder from Hoffenheim this week.

B6698976.8;sz=1x1;ord=1340696561

The Londoners have agreed an ?8 million transfer fee with the German club and personal terms with the 22-year-old after making their move last week.

Goal.com understands Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was furious to learn over the weekend that Sigurdsson had chosen to move to White Hart Lane despite holding extensive talks with the Reds.

The Iceland international worked with Rodgers during a highly successful loan spell at Swansea last season, scoring seven goals in 19 appearances, and the Ulsterman was keen to re-unite with the player at Anfield.

But Sigurdsson has decided to join Spurs, despite the fact that they have no manager following the decision to sack Harry Redknapp earlier this month.

Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas and France coach Laurent Blanc are the leading contenders as they step up their search this week.

The deal for Sigurdsson is in its final stages and likely to be confirmed before the weekend as Tottenham plan to mount a challenge for a top four finish next season.

Hoffenheim had given Sigurdsson leave until June 30 to sort out his future after he stalled over a ?6.8m switch to Swansea when Rodgers resigned to take over on Merseyside.

The former Reading man is seen as a useful addition to the squad to compete with Rafael Van der Vaart for an attacking midfield role, especially with playmaker Luka Modric almost certain to be sold this summer.

the word on teletext is that Spurs have offered a salary almost twice what Liverpool were offering....all about the moolahhhhh

even Liverpool fan BBC journo Ben Smith, who all along has said that Gylfi will be joining the Reds, is now backtracking and saying it looks like that Spurs have won the race

Obviously nothing is done yet but surely if he was going to join Liverpool it would have happened by now. So something is up somewhere along the line

also, wasnt Levy in Florida all last week?? funnily enough, Sigurdsson was on holiday in Miami last week. I wonder:-k

the word on teletext is that Spurs have offered a salary almost twice what Liverpool were offering....all about the moolahhhhh

even Liverpool fan BBC journo Ben Smith, who all along has said that Gylfi will be joining the Reds, is now backtracking and saying it looks like that Spurs have won the race

Obviously nothing is done yet but surely if he was going to join Liverpool it would have happened by now. So something is up somewhere along the line

also, wasnt Levy in Florida all last week?? funnily enough, Sigurdsson was on holiday in Miami last week. I wonder:-k

Most teletext ITKs saying its done... Some saying tho that its done for LFC. In otherwords nobody knows

Marin was linked and signed whilst Chelsea has a manager

Hazard was linked whilst they had a manager and for the few weeks they didnt he then signed, but all the speculation was there before as i said. Plus Hazard was pimping himself everywhere, to many clubs

What im saying is different. All along, its pretty much seemed a done deal for Sigurdsson to go to Liverpool once Rodgers went there. One club interest, and of course that is no good for an agent trying to negotiate a contract. So yes, the agent would want to invent some fictitious interest from another club in order to create a bit of nervousness in the Liverpool minds and thus Liverpool are forced to offer more money to the player and agent. So with all this in mind, surely its better to use a club that has a manager, is stable, and appears more realistic as a move to create that competition???? There would be no need to use Tottenham as the club if Tottenham were not showing any interest, especially so late in the negotiations and with Tottenham in a bit of disarray off the field. To me it would make no sense

Thats why in this case there genuinely must be some interest from Tottenham and its not just the agent using our name to bump up Sigurdsson's contact at Liverpool. Imv anyway

Tottenham is an easy and lazy link. Even without a manager there is the *certainty* of Modric leaving and us needing an AM. I really dont think its as exceptional as you make out.

That said, stronger reports today suggest we may have got him, so perhaps this time you are right?

What I find more incredible is not speculative journalism/linking players but players actually signing for clubs without managers.

Marin joined under RDMs caretakership, he wasnt manager (and at the time wasnt likely to be!), hazard joined technically managerless.

Its more evidence that clubs and players can have greater relationships than managers and players.

Look a little closer to home, Vertonghen linked with us - Harry sacked - Vertonghen doesnt give a damn as his connection seemed to be with the club/Levy...

Will we sign someone - I mean really sign someone - before pre-season?
A manager? Verthogen? Sigurdsson? Anyone?

the word on teletext is that Spurs have offered a salary almost twice what Liverpool were offering....all about the moolahhhhheven Liverpool fan BBC journo Ben Smith, who all along has said that Gylfi will be joining the Reds, is now backtracking and saying it looks like that Spurs have won the race

So considering our top earners are on about 80k a week, and there's no way we'd give Sigurdsson close to top earner rate (as even Modric found it hard to get a pay rise), so let's say he was offered around 60k a week, that would mean Liverpool offered him 30k, and they wonder why he was looking elsewhere ?!

No, as Scara says, it's just Pool fans trying to feel better about potentially losing out on their no. 1 target making stuff up. Don't believe everything your read, especially on teletext.

Edit: That's not to say I think he's coming to us, just that Spurs paying twice the salary of any other team in the Premiership, let alone Liverpool, is quite a stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Seriously, why would we double Liverpools wage offer? The guy looks half decent but has not shown enough for us to offer him a huge wage increase. We should be able to lure him by marginally increasing their wage offer

anyone heard about Deschamps resigning from Marseille?....could mean he is going to manage France if as expected Blanc walks away from another job after around 2 years of being there. That guy sure has itchy feet

Blanc to Spurs??...Blanc to Marseille???

Seriously, why would we double Liverpools wage offer? The guy looks half decent but has not shown enough for us to offer him a huge wage increase. We should be able to lure him by marginally increasing their wage offer

even if its not double, but at least significantly higher, then i can see why Levy would go for this type of deal. Only 22 years old, highly rated, played in English football so no need to adapt, tie him down to a long contract and we could have another Bale or Modric on our hands where his value in the coming years will only increase if his performances to date are improved upon. Giving him a big wage now is not a problem if it means we get his signature. Plus his transfer fee is relatively low. One thing with Levy is that i trust him when it comes to number crunching

Maybe the Liverpool owners dont value him so highly, well not as much as Rodgers.

Didier Deschamps has annouced this morning that he is leaving Marseille.

FOOTBALL - Tired by financial problems and disputes within the club, Didier Deschamps sees more interest to stay at Marseille ... After three years on the bench of Olympique de Marseille, Didier Deschamps has decided to end his story with the club OM. The team on Tuesday reveals that "DD" would have made ​​his decision several weeks. Relationships between heavy with Jose Anigo and austerity plan desired by Margarita Louis-Dreyfus, the reasons to continue to be rare start. Vincent Labrune would already be aware of this decision. President and Marseilles, which refuses to confirm information already would work to find his successor. The names of Eric Gerets, Antoine Elie Baup DELETED back emphatically on the side of the Commandery.

Now Tottenham? Regarding the result of the coaching career of Didier Deschamps, rumors send him to Tottenham. His agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, is trying to convince Spurs to hire him to take over from Harry Redknapp, thanked in June. For now, some details remain to be solved between OM and Deschamps, who wish to separate amicably. The termination clause is set at 3.5 million. And former captain of France could be used as leverage to fly to other climes.

http://www.20minutes.fr/sport/footba...-va-quitter-om

Is there going to be a monster unvailing of Vertonghen, Sigurdsson and Sahin all wearing the new 1st 2nd and 3rd kits with AVB holding a scarf over their heads on the site of the New Lane with diggers preparing the footings?!?

I have a dream...

imgres

Back