• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we get Gylfi, we are basically buying the next Lampard in terms of goalscoring midfielder! I think Levy has pulled a master stroke if this is true!

Didier Deschamps has annouced this morning that he is leaving Marseille.

FOOTBALL - Tired by financial problems and disputes within the club, Didier Deschamps sees more interest to stay at Marseille ... After three years on the bench of Olympique de Marseille, Didier Deschamps has decided to end his story with the club OM. The team on Tuesday reveals that "DD" would have made ​​his decision several weeks. Relationships between heavy with Jose Anigo and austerity plan desired by Margarita Louis-Dreyfus, the reasons to continue to be rare start. Vincent Labrune would already be aware of this decision. President and Marseilles, which refuses to confirm information already would work to find his successor. The names of Eric Gerets, Antoine Elie Baup DELETED back emphatically on the side of the Commandery.

Now Tottenham? Regarding the result of the coaching career of Didier Deschamps, rumors send him to Tottenham. His agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, is trying to convince Spurs to hire him to take over from Harry Redknapp, thanked in June. For now, some details remain to be solved between OM and Deschamps, who wish to separate amicably. The termination clause is set at 3.5 million. And former captain of France could be used as leverage to fly to other climes.

http://www.20minutes.fr/sport/footba...-va-quitter-om

so the rumour was true...cheers for that

There was one ITK who all along has been convinced that Deschamps will be the new Spurs manager. Id say he wil take the national job if its available

even if its not double, but at least significantly higher, then i can see why Levy would go for this type of deal. Only 22 years old, highly rated, played in English football so no need to adapt, tie him down to a long contract and we could have another Bale or Modric on our hands where his value in the coming years will only increase if his performances to date are improved upon. Giving him a big wage now is not a problem if it means we get his signature. Plus his transfer fee is relatively low. One thing with Levy is that i trust him when it comes to number crunching

Maybe the Liverpool owners dont value him so highly, well not as much as Rodgers.
How much do you think we've offered though and how much do you think Liverpool offered, actual numbers? Do you think we'd have smashed our wage structure for Sigurdsson? Liverpool pay far more than us on wages, the only time we got close to their wages was when we were paying Champs League bonusses for 1 season.

That rumour just has BS written all over it, the facts point to completely the opposite to us paying twice what Liverpool would.

so the rumour was true...cheers for that

There was one ITK who all along has been convinced that Deschamps will be the new Spurs manager. Id say he wil take the national job if its available

I am sure he will be waiting to see if the National job is available, as you say.

But If Blanc does carry on, then Deschamps should be our manager. He is the best choice for us and we are the best choice for him.

Sampdoria in Italy are also interested.

if we sign Gylfi then we know that there is a manager behind the curtains..

Gylfi said to an icelandic journo that no way he would be joining a team without a manager, that was just last weekend I think

How much do you think we've offered though and how much do you think Liverpool offered, actual numbers? Do you think we'd have smashed our wage structure for Sigurdsson? Liverpool pay far more than us on wages, the only time we got close to their wages was when we were paying Champs League bonusses for 1 season.

That rumour just has BS written all over it, the facts point to completely the opposite to us paying twice what Liverpool would.

It could well be that LFC are trying to lower their overall wages. They are not a major club any more they haven't had CL for a long time, and aren't getting any closer to the top of the table. They can't afford to pay ?70k a week any more. They probably offered ?25k, Swansea's top earner is Wayne Routledge - so they probably thought that would smash them out of the water. If Levy offered ?35/40 k a week, that would be enough to get his head turned. I doubt we've offered more than that, if we've offered anything at all.

If im certain of anyone staying, its VDV. Just cannot see him going any time soon.

Really?? If that's not self fluffy bunnies cuddlingage I don't know what is

"I am happy and I am surprised myself how much I still love Hamburg, currently however there is no contact," he also told Bild.

no way do i think we would smash our wage structure for a player like Sigurdsson if as reported we are interested in signing him

but lets say 50k a week for a highly rated 22 year old, just to make sure we get his signature....is that such a big deal when it was reported we are paying 65-70k a week for a player like Pienaar who came in merely as a squad member??

Levy might be thinking long term like i said. Get his signature on a contract, pay the 8mill transfer fee, and who knows if he progresses as expected he could be a 35 mill player within 3 or 4 years.

I am sure he will be waiting to see if the National job is available, as you say.

But If Blanc does carry on, then Deschamps should be our manager. He is the best choice for us and we are the best choice for him.

Sampdoria in Italy are also interested.

If Deschamps does come can he bring Remy and Mandanda along with him.

Hey African, its being reported in the Romanian media that their hero Dan Petrescu, who is now manager of Kuban in Russia, is very upset that his player Lacina Traore is being allowed to speak to Liverpool after a fee has been agreed

i remember you being a fan of Traore......however, i dont see him being a Rodgers type player

means the end of VDV or lennon IMO

If Gylfi is really arriving then IMO it means that the new man is a 4-5-1 person....which strengthens the argument that AVB will be unveiled on 1 July.

Not really sure that it means the end of VdV as we'll have enough games to need depth in CM positions and obviously need 3 CMs per game. The only place that VdV fits into AVB's formation is in one of the 3 CM positions and we'd have 6 main players for those 3 positions: Sandro, Parker, Modric, Thudd, VdV, Gylfi...which for me means a first choice of Parker, Modric and VdV and then back-up of Sandro, Thudd and Gylfi (ie Sandro understudy to Parker, Thudd understudy to Modric and Gylif understudy to VdV)

Hey African, its being reported in the Romanian media that their hero Dan Petrescu, who is now manager of Kuban in Russia, is very upset that his player Lacina Traore is being allowed to speak to Liverpool after a fee has been agreed

i remember you being a fan of Traore......however, i dont see him being a Rodgers type player

big fan of lacina....there is a tottenham fan that posts here that reckons he is absolute dog brick. this is why i lover football...two people can see the same things and come to two completely different conclusions

i think that lacina would be a QUALITY 3rd or 4th striker to call on ...quality sub striker

If Gylfi is really arriving then IMO it means that the new man is a 4-5-1 person....which strengthens the argument that AVB will be unveiled on 1 July.

Not really sure that it means the end of VdV as we'll have enough games to need depth in CM positions and obviously need 3 CMs per game. The only place that VdV fits into AVB's formation is in one of the 3 CM positions and we'd have 6 main players for those 3 positions: Sandro, Parker, Modric, Thudd, VdV, Gylfi...which for me means a first choice of Parker, Modric and VdV and then back-up of Sandro, Thudd and Gylfi (ie Sandro understudy to Parker, Thudd understudy to Modric and Gylif understudy to VdV)

i cant see us maintaining that kind of talent pool in the CM positions. its too much talent to keep happy. would be incredibly hard to convince people to come when they see what they are up against. plus VDV himself would want re-assurances. why choose to come here when he can get into the starting line up at pool?

The Vertonghen deal blatantly is not going to happen. Ajax have been using us to attract interest from bigger richer clubs.

Time to move on.

The Vertonghen deal blatantly is not going to happen. Ajax have been using us to attract interest from bigger richer clubs.

Time to move on.

nah, everything seems to have been agreed and its just now a pay off that Vet is due from Ajax. They are refusing to pay, he is pi$$ed about it. Im still pretty sure this one will happen but i feel sorry for Vert because its dragged on so long. Very frustrating

Back