• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I think this isn't a bad shout, although with the aim of getting him into EPL action by Jan.
It worked for Sandro - he hit a tremendous run of form after the new year a few seasons back.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

On the other hand, with three French-speaking defenders (Kaboul, Gallas and Assou-Ekotto) perhaps the communication between goalkeeper & defence might actually be better than what we've been used to.
For sure - I still think they need to get used to each other before we throw Lloris in (if we do sign him). Lloris will know what Kaboul plays like, as they both play in the French national team. But perhaps not to the level that we would want straight off the bat - a few weeks of training together (also with the likes of Gallas, Vertonghen, BAE and Walker) and they will have a much more natural understanding.

What is the source of all the Dembele talk? Does anyone know that we are actually in for him?

The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Mail, SSN, Various ITK.

On the other hand, with three French-speaking defenders (Kaboul, Gallas and Assou-Ekotto) perhaps the communication between goalkeeper & defence might actually be better than what we've been used to.

and Verts.

Sounds like there might be something in it then I guess. Just sometimes we all get carried away with all the speculation and it turns out to have no basis in reality.

so, someone put 2 and 2 together on a forum read by a Guardian journo, the telegraph then picked it up, as did the mail.
SSN then "understood" we are interested in him so some ITK who knows how to press 405 on their sky remote and use a keyboard suddenly became "in the know"

Do yourself a favour and get off this site, you literally offer nothing positive[/QUOTE

I am sorry that you feel so threatened.
Should the signings prove what we all hope I will be plenty positive. In the meantime, any suggestion that we keep one of the world's best keeprs on the bench in favour of Friedl will receive the derision it deserves.

Should the signings prove what we all hope I will be plenty positive. In the meantime, any suggestion that we keep one of the world's best keeprs on the bench in favour of Friedl will receive the derision it deserves.

I take it you're an expert on lloris then

mind helping me out and tell us what his good and bad points are?

Do yourself a favour and get off this site, you literally offer nothing positive[/QUOTE

Who said he felt threatened?
Derision without explanation = acting like a ****.

Does Jan also speak French?

I can't see Brad hanging around if we sign Lloris, so while it hopefully sorts out long term solution, back up still looks iffy.

we need to get Gomes off our books surely 20k a week going to waste

Who said he felt threatened?
Derision without explanation = acting like a ****.

oh ok then he doesnt ..perhaps I have misinterpreted his request for me to leave as something else.
not sure what explanation is needed or why its so out of order to mock this suggestion. If (as it would appear) you disagree with me how many goals do you want us to concede before we introduce a keeper who will cost us millions?

oh ok then he doesnt ..perhaps I have misinterpreted his request for me to leave as something else.
not sure what explanation is needed or why its so out of order to mock this suggestion. If (as it would appear) you disagree with me how many goals do you want us to concede before we introduce a keeper who will cost us millions?
My reply had less to do with our goalkeeping situation and more to do with the fact that you derided a posters comment but failed to explain why you thought it was worth derision.

I can't see Brad hanging around if we sign Lloris, so while it hopefully sorts out long term solution, back up still looks iffy.

Brad actually made a statement over the weekend about the possibility of another keeper coming in.
It went along the lines of......." I have a contract here, and whether I'm 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice, I will do my best, because at 41 I know my time is limited".

Not the exact quote, but as near as dammit.

I take it you're an expert on lloris then

mind helping me out and tell us what his good and bad points are?

do me a favour
debuted for OL at 19. 40 Champions League games, 37 caps and 3 Ligue 1 goalkeeper of the year awards tell me he is perhaps worth a start over Friedl..if you disagree thats up to you.

My reply had less to do with our goalkeeping situation and more to do with the fact that you derided a posters comment but failed to explain why you thought it was worth derision.

I thought, perhaps, on this occasion not much explanation was needed. I will expand next time- should the need arise.I am not trying to antogonistic.
I dont think its particularly friendly to be made so unwelcome when you join a board. Hopefully, we can all share lots of fun and incisive debate with each other as the season progresses.

Back