• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

oh ok then he doesnt ..perhaps I have misinterpreted his request for me to leave as something else.
not sure what explanation is needed or why its so out of order to mock this suggestion. If (as it would appear) you disagree with me how many goals do you want us to concede before we introduce a keeper who will cost us millions?

did freidel cost us that many goals last season? not to mention that last season we saw a better and more consistent goal keeper than the previously over hyped gomes

then there is the little issue of mocking a suggestion with you saying nothing tangible at all. why is what he is saying so stupid? why is it dumb to groom a potential replacement rather than throwing him in the deep end? de gea anyone?

Edit:- everything below here has been answered in the next post, thanks for sharing (i typed this while you were responding)

and you still havent told any of us what you know of Lloris for us to say "ah, wel then see you later brad"...

do you actually know anything of lloris? do you watch him regularly? or is it just because he plays for lyon and france then he must be dogs?

Last edited:
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

do me a favour
debuted for OL at 19. 40 Champions League games, 37 caps and 3 Ligue 1 goalkeeper of the year awards tell me he is perhaps worth a start over Friedl..if you disagree thats up to you.

so you dont know that much about him yourself then? just stuff from wiki and other places....thats fair enough. just that you calling him one of the best in the world suggested you knew more.

at this rate this guy could be less that any of us could be expecting or hyping him up to be.....he does play in the french league...the league where joe cole is amazing.

i'd personally wait and see how he adapts before making a rash judgements personally.

Last edited:

I love what we're doing. We have a talented young manager who is bringing in talented young players, it may take time but it'll be worth it. I just hope our idiot fans don't start booing AVB and singing for Harry to come back.

do me a favour
debuted for OL at 19. 40 Champions League games, 37 caps and 3 Ligue 1 goalkeeper of the year awards tell me he is perhaps worth a start over Friedl..if you disagree thats up to you.

Thats strange as he didnt sign for Lyon until he was 22...

Lloris is simply the best available goalkeeper in the world, does not need an high IQ to see that

now stop arguing in the sandbox

The best? Does that mean he is suited to us?

How is he at coming off of his line?
How is he with the ball at his feet?
What is his distribution like?
Does he claim crosses reliably?
Can he stand up to people bashing into him at corners and such?

Does Jan also speak French?

I think I remember him saying he doesn't know Hazard that well because they don't speak the same language.

I'd imagine all Belgians have a basic grasp of whichever of Waloon or Flemish isn't their mothertounge though.

Lloris is simply the best available goalkeeper in the world, does not need an high IQ to see that

now stop arguing in the sandbox

who decides he is the best available in the world and why?

people just say stuff and expect that to be reason in and of itself....i dont get that.

if you know that he is the best available goalie out there it shouldnt be difficult for people to say why .

actually lets give this a go.....mayuka is the best available striker in the world. dont need a high IQ to see this. End of. anyone disagrees with this then ETP will END YOU , at the corner pocket!!!!

How is he at coming off of his line? He doesn't
How is he with the ball at his feet? Crap
What is his distribution like? Terrible
Does he claim crosses reliably? No
Can he stand up to people bashing into him at corners and such? No, the little pansy

Slagging off potential new signings is usually the norm on here so I thought I'd give it a go.

so you dont know that much about him yourself then? just stuff from wiki and other places....thats fair enough. just that you calling him one of the best in the world suggested you knew more.

at this rate this guy could be less that any of us could be expecting or hyping him up to be.....he does play in the french league...the league where joe cole is amazing.

i'd personally wait and see how he adapts before making a rash judgements personally.

I will say this though: I did NOT expect Hazard to be tearing teams up as well as he's been doing. Hopefully Lloris will be the same story if he does transfer.

I think I remember him saying he doesn't know Hazard that well because they don't speak the same language.

I'd imagine all Belgians have a basic grasp of whichever of Waloon or Flemish isn't their mothertounge though.

You'd be surprised.

I lived in Belgium for four years (1999-2003) and even in the Brussels area, which is officially bi-lingual, many Belgians only spoke French or Flemish.

How is he at coming off of his line?
How is he with the ball at his feet?
What is his distribution like?
Does he claim crosses reliably?
Can he stand up to people bashing into him at corners and such?

You see, this is why i like reading your brick.....

can someone answer any of this with confidence?

no just say a fleeting fly by statement and let everyone just swallow it , those that refuse to take it without lube or water are stupid and should be ridiculed with no reason. we surely are not worthy of explanation

come on guys. there used to be the best online message board around here

Thats strange as he didnt sign for Lyon until he was 22...

oh brick, please tell me you're mistaken...otherwise people are getting ridiculed based on the wrong information ....

I am sorry that you feel so threatened.
I'm not threatened by someone who doesn't actually do anything - a bit like having Stewart Downing as competition for your position.

You've made a lot of posts of this board without actually saying much, we get that you don't think Friedel is very good - but why? Do we have any better options at the club?

Slagging off potential new signings is usually the norm on here so I thought I'd give it a go.

it was a good effort, obviously would be monumentally stupid if you don't know much or anything about him but you do so at least we can lead with your evaluation;)

right, Rossi says this guy is crap. Rossi22 did,....any takers:)

did freidel cost us that many goals last season? not to mention that last season we saw a better and more consistent goal keeper than the previously over hyped gomes

then there is the little issue of mocking a suggestion with you saying nothing tangible at all. why is what he is saying so stupid? why is it dumb to groom a potential replacement rather than throwing him in the deep end? de gea anyone?

Africanspuys i am sorry but this is a transfer thread and I really dont wish to debate friedl or deride his efforts but I thought i would reply to you out of

Edit:- everything below here has been answered in the next post, thanks for sharing (i typed this while you were responding)

and you still havent told any of us what you know of Lloris for us to say "ah, wel then see you later brad"...

do you actually know anything of lloris? do you watch him regularly? or is it just because he plays for lyon and france then he must be dogs?

African spurs I dont want to debate Friedl's contribution to our history but out of politeness I i reply...i repeat -
to suiggest that firedl remains in the sticks at the expense of a man with Lloris' credntials is ridiculous. ..oh ok you edited- no worries.........I can understand say an outfeld player maybe coming on as a sub in his first game or PERHAPS AVB kleeping Verts out of the St James park hotbed for his first game (ift hat was his intention to play him at WHL before Kaboul got injured)......but a keeper is different...Parlk lane James suggested we keep him on the bench for a "bedding in period" warming the bench watching friedl...I am sorry but to me this is nonsense.

I will say this though: I did NOT expect Hazard to be tearing teams up as well as he's been doing. Hopefully Lloris will be the same story if he does transfer.

we can 'hope' . as i am sure all of us do for players that Tottenham signs. i Hope Lloris is the dogs but aside from international games i dont know anything about him. (he didnt particularly stand out for his country i should say)

but Hazard has indeed been the brick, quite clearly the real deal in terms of quality, touch, awareness , pass weighting and a whole heap of other stuff. he is in my fantasy dream team

I'm not threatened by someone who doesn't actually do anything - a bit like having Stewart Downing as competition for your position.

You've made a lot of posts of this board without actually saying much, we get that you don't think Friedel is very good - but why? Do we have any better options at the club?

ufortuantely he has zero competion at present. However, you suggested we keep friedl as first chocie even when we have signed Lloris. I am sorry if you didnt like me laughing at that suggestion

AS, I'm not sure too many people have seen much of Lloris outside of a few France games and youtube highlights.

That said, he does have some credentials that would get most people excited

- Young, Full French international, keeper of year award in his league and CL experience
- From highlight reels, it appears he is a good shot stopper and comes hard for the ball, no matter who is in the way.

My view is

- Looks like one of the better young keepers potentially available and willing to come to Spurs
- We need a new #1 within 12 months
- AVB certainly seems to go for players that fit a system, so potentially we believe his style would fit.

Back