• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Many don't consider the word "defend" with Dembele but I actually think defending is one of his strongest parts of his game.

Moussa Dembele: Has completed the most dribbles in the PL (12), has the 2nd best pass accuracy (96% - min 2 apps) & won 4th most tackles (9)

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Didn't we spunk half of it on Pav?

And then the Robbie Keane money went on, um, Robbie Keane.

The rest? Signing Pascal 'Shimbomba' back three times? ;-)

[video=youtube;PcjFVTI4_Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcjFVTI4_Gw[/video]

? :)

Moussa Dembele: Has completed the most dribbles in the PL (12), has the 2nd best pass accuracy (96% - min 2 apps) & won 4th most tackles (9)

We better sign him now, after all this build up!

Must be quite stressful knowing your stats are available for the whole world to analyse after every game nowadays... players like Robbie Savage picked a good time to retire lol!

People seem to think that dembele's weakness is passing but I've looked at the stats and:

Although Modric completed a far higher number of passes:

1440 – Luka Modric completed the most passes in the opponents half.
2215 – Luka Modric and Ashley Williams completed the most passes.

Dembele's had a higher pass completion rate last season:

In the 2011-12 season there were only six midfielders who passed the ball better than Fulham’s Moussa Dembélé. Using the new Top Stats engine we’re able to quickly trim away the fat and look at those players who played at least 1400′ in the Premier League a season ago. Of those, Dembélé was the 12th best player in the Premier League when it came to pass accuracy,*attempting 1681 passes in 2940′ and completing 88.64% of those attempts. Only Leon Britton (93.49%), Joe Allen (91.18%), Samir Nasri (91.01%), Mikel Arteta (90.58%), Yaya Toure (90.49%), Michael Carrick (90.10%) and Scott Parker (89.58%) bested*Dembélé’s passing accuracy from midfield. *In addition to his proficient ball movement, he was a creative force from the centre of Fulham’s midfield creating 51 chances in 2940′.

For direct comparison - Modric completed 87.4%

Tottenham target Leandro Damiao will not be heading to White Hart Lane this summer, according to Internacional's vice-president.

The Brazil striker has been heavily linked with a move to Spurs and the sale of Luka Modric is likely to spark significant transfer spending by the London club.

But the 23-year-old is unlikely to be among the incoming players after Internacional vice-president Luciano Davi revealed that the Brazilian club have decided to keep the forward for now.

"Our intention is that Leandro Damiao doesn't leave this year," Davi told Globo Esporte.

"He is an Internacional player until December. Their offer wasn't relevant and we are not interested in selling him.

"Tottenham came to us but their offer didn't match our valuation of him. Leandro Damiao is a national team striker and we have to value that."

Davi had previously denied that Spurs had bid for the player, while Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas recently claimed he would not be signing another striker.

What's also amazing is that Dembele it seems is also trying to make things happen etc.. whereas (bit of an assumption) you could say the Swansea players were more about deliberate possession than making risky creative passes that Dembele would attempt.

Yep I completely agree with that - just look at Scotty Parker being above Dembele percentage wise then take into account exactly the point you've just made. I said towards the end of last season that the two players who were at other EPL clubs who I wanted to sign were Gylfi and Dembele (talking realistically) so I hope this goes through!

I don't think Damiao wants to leave, if he had once come out and said "I want to go test myself in the biggest league in the world" this would have been wrapped up by now. For the moment he seems happy to stay in that league scoring for fun and I admire that loyalty, but question his ambition, slightly...

The Journalist:

Outgoings update;
Tottenham have bids for;
Dos Santos (Swansea and 2 abroad)
Jenas
Huddlestone (Loan and buy offers)
Dawson (told at least 3 clubs talking and more have enquired). I still think he’s your best defender.

I was asked if Villa had made any bids for Tottenham players; we asked about Rose a while back but were put off by price. Apart from that there’s been no contact between the clubs. I knows there been rumours about Defoe; nothing in them yet and to be honest at your prices I don’t think we can afford any of the players.

The Journalist:

Outgoings update;
Tottenham have bids for;
Dos Santos (Swansea and 2 abroad)
Jenas
Huddlestone (Loan and buy offers)
Dawson (told at least 3 clubs talking and more have enquired). I still think he’s your best defender.

I was asked if Villa had made any bids for Tottenham players; we asked about Rose a while back but were put off by price. Apart from that there’s been no contact between the clubs. I knows there been rumours about Defoe; nothing in them yet and to be honest at your prices I don’t think we can afford any of the players.

:ross:

You may laugh at that but I'm honestly surprised that United haven't come in for him. Maybe it's due to his injury record rather than their opinion of his ability coz (as much as I keep telling myself how ridiculous this sounds) although he doesn't suit our high pressing game, I jinks he could fit in perfectly at United...so in a sense he's not good enough for Spurs but he'd be fine for United!

I don't think Damiao wants to leave, if he had once come out and said "I want to go test myself in the biggest league in the world" this would have been wrapped up by now. For the moment he seems happy to stay in that league scoring for fun and I admire that loyalty, but question his ambition, slightly...
Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Neymar has ambitions to become the best player in the world, but he's happy to stay in Brazil for the meanwhile, in the run up to the World Cup and earning good money. Leandro is still relatively young - he'll only be 25 after Brazil 2014.

I saw the smiley and assumed you were laughing at the bit about 'At your prices'

Incredible how many people say that Dawson is our best defender! :O

Dawson is too slow, misses challenges and then throws himself in to try and salvage the situation but in missing he will often leave himself completely vulnerable with no cover. I don't think he's an intelligent defender, more of a blood and thunder defender that will get good figures for blocks but this certainly doesn't make him our best defender!

Dawson is too slow, misses challenges and then throws himself in to try and salvage the situation but in missing he will often leave himself completely vulnerable with no cover. I don't think he's an intelligent defender, more of a blood and thunder defender that will get good figures for blocks but this certainly doesn't make him our best defender!

And all the times he's the one not marking his man properly on corners.

And yet with Kaboul out at the weekend we could've done with him in the last 20 mins against West Brom. Much better fit than either Verthongen or Gallas when crosses were raining into our box or the ball was being hit long to Lukaku.

And yet with Kaboul out at the weekend we could've done with him in the last 20 mins against West Brom. Much better fit than either Verthongen or Gallas when crosses were raining into our box or the ball was being hit long to Lukaku.

If Dawson played against Lukaku they would have got about 4 penalties.

Didn't we spunk half of it on Pav?

And then the Robbie Keane money went on, um, Robbie Keane.

The rest? Signing Pascal 'Shimbomba' back three times? ;-)
Ahhhhh! The good ol' days when we spent it on rubbish players and didn't have a hope in hell of buying a decent player!

Back