• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

And yet with Kaboul out at the weekend we could've done with him in the last 20 mins against West Brom. Much better fit than either Verthongen or Gallas when crosses were raining into our box or the ball was being hit long to Lukaku.

Even Zamora had him in his pocket.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

And yet with Kaboul out at the weekend we could've done with him in the last 20 mins against West Brom. Much better fit than either Verthongen or Gallas when crosses were raining into our box or the ball was being hit long to Lukaku.
Made me laugh when people were groaning about Ryan Nelsen starting a few games towards the back end of last season. The fact remains, he was in our squad - so why not use him? He's ore than capable of dealing with the likes of Blackburn, as he used to deal with hoofballs in training each day!

There's a time and a place for each player in the squad. Against the likes of Arsenal, Dawson won't be as suited because they operate at a higher pace than other teams and won't pump the ball into the box as often.

Agreed. Without any personal offence meant, people on here (myself included) can be pretty fickle at times. It wasn't that long ago that everytime the ball was delivered into our box we automatically expected Dawsons head to be on the end of it. Bad season injury wise but people were still clamouring for his return...

You have posted 57 times, my lucky number is 57, and you have mentioned one player's name in your post and no other content, so I'll assume that we are signing him today, good stuff! :D

The Journalist:

Outgoings update;
Tottenham have bids for;
Dos Santos (Swansea and 2 abroad)
Jenas
Huddlestone (Loan and buy offers)
Dawson (told at least 3 clubs talking and more have enquired). I still think he’s your best defender.

I was asked if Villa had made any bids for Tottenham players; we asked about Rose a while back but were put off by price. Apart from that there’s been no contact between the clubs. I knows there been rumours about Defoe; nothing in them yet and to be honest at your prices I don’t think we can afford any of the players.

I automatically switch off to anything he says. Him and rebraB have been the two worst "ITKs" over the last few years.

Where is everyone getting these stats from?

I don't think Damiao wants to leave, if he had once come out and said "I want to go test myself in the biggest league in the world" this would have been wrapped up by now. For the moment he seems happy to stay in that league scoring for fun and I admire that loyalty, but question his ambition, slightly...

All along, I've had the impression Inter have just been yanking our chain over this one, trying to drum up interest from bigger clubs.

You have posted 57 times, my lucky number is 57, and you have mentioned one player's name in your post and no other content, so I'll assume that we are signing him today, good stuff! :D
;) let's hope it works out then.........it's in the German Sun who in turn picked it up from the Spanish media....

I automatically switch off to anything he says. Him and rebraB have been the two worst "ITKs" over the last few years.

rebrab only posts ITK a couple of times each window and never until he's absolutely certain, ie. everyone else has already posted it.

Where is everyone getting these stats from?

The stats on Modric and Dembele were taken from other sites but used figures from Opta

57 - Llorente - 57

Agreed. Without any personal offence meant, people on here (myself included) can be pretty fickle at times. It wasn't that long ago that everytime the ball was delivered into our box we automatically expected Dawsons head to be on the end of it. Bad season injury wise but people were still clamouring for his return...

Yep, a lot of people on here have a short memory and a distinct lack of respect towards Dawson. I'm not suggesting he's a world beater but he's very good. Fair enough Kaboul is ahead of him due to last season's performance and Verthongen should be starting after we've forked out the cash but I think a lot of people are under estimating his ability. One bad injury to Kaboul (and his knee is looking a bit dodgy at the mo) and Dawson should be in. I'm clearly in the minority though so I'll just have to deal with it.

o/t Niang has moved to AC Milan

I don't think Damiao wants to leave, if he had once come out and said "I want to go test myself in the biggest league in the world" this would have been wrapped up by now. For the moment he seems happy to stay in that league scoring for fun and I admire that loyalty, but question his ambition, slightly...

Do not be silly. Why should he come out and say "I want to go test myself in the biggest league in the world" and thus alienate himself from his fans. If he wants to he does the right thing and waits for a team to make the appropriate bid. Besides maybe he wants to play for a big club in the CL? By the way what do you mean by "biggest league in the world"?

57 - Llorente - 57

Llorente and Benzema? This could be some team! :D

Imagine if Levy pulled off those two signings we'd have people, myself included, eating their words about his performance during the transfer window. That said, I think if we sign Dembele, one of those two and Lloris that most would be at the minimum appeased.

Really.... Could Man U really afford any more players? With Kagawa and RvP being both big spends (17 and 24) could they really afford to splash the cash?

Really.... Could Man U really afford any more players? With Kagawa and RvP being both big spends (17 and 24) could they really afford to splash the cash?

If they can sell Nani or Anderson, or both.

I desperately hope that any bid we might want to make for Anderson falls through, never rated the guy.

Back