• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

If Vertonghen signs then our 1st choice back 4 going into next season will almost certainly be:

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Assou-Ekotto

And I for one would be delighted with that.

Would be good choices but i'm afraid we have missed the boat with Huntelaar as Redknapp thought Crouch and Pav were better.

One year left on his contract as of June.......Not only would he be a good signing in terms of being a pure box player but also at a very good price considering his pedigree too. Might have missed out before but lets hope they have seen some sense this time.

One year left on his contract as of June.......Not only would he be a good signing in terms of being a pure box player but also at a very good price considering his pedigree too. Might have missed out before but lets hope they have seen some sense this time.

I would love him here and always have, however Redknapp would have to admit to being wrong about him and he does not do wrong.

Vertonghen
Adebayor
Remy
Hazard

We need a keeper but i tihnk we can push that off if we must still i would love someone young to come in.

I would love him here and always have, however Redknapp would have to admit to being wrong about him and he does not do wrong.

We shall see. Maybe Rafa can have some influence, with a quiet word to both maybe it can become a reality.

Stock Clearance!

Come on Harry, bargin! bring in some maturity and experience to help the youngsters through Feb and March next year

Gattuso 34
Inzaghi 38
Nesta 37

Last edited:
No one on here knows how much we have to spend, transfer fee-wise we've spent very little under Harry other than his first window. Maybe we're still "paying" for that window or maybe we just haven't felt the need or found the right player to spend big on, one things for certain is that missing out on ?ú40m worth of CL football isn't going to help. Our wage bill has risen significantly under Harry but I'm sure we'll be trying to shift a lot of players over the summer(again), or some out of contract - Gomes, Corluka, King, Bassong, Nelsen, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Giovani, Defoe, Saha and Ade going back to City. That's about ?ú500k p/w(?ú26m p/a) worth of wages.

It's a bit sad that we've stopped signing the most talented prospect from the lower divisions though.
Like we used to with Lennon, Huddlestone, Dawson, Bale etc.
But I guess we've grown past that level and that today those wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to grow to their max potential at Spurs. You'd assume that 7 years ago Kane, Bostock, Townsend and Smith, not to mention Caulker, would have found it easier to get first team opportunities in our side.

I like the look of Redmond at Birmingham. Kind of like Lennon looked at Leeds.

Maybe we've stopped signing so many lower league players because McDermott and Inglethorpe have improved the academy and we're actually producing players like Caulker, Livermore, Townsend and Carroll?

If Vertonghen signs then our 1st choice back 4 going into next season will almost certainly be:

Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Assou-Ekotto

And I for one would be delighted with that.

Me too. Looks superb. All could be around for the next 5 years at least (Benny at justed turned 28 is the eldest)

Would be good choices but i'm afraid we have missed the boat with Huntelaar as Redknapp thought Crouch and Pav were better.

Huntelaar would flop in this league IMO, just like he did in Italy and Spain. He's pretty much Pav (I've always said Pav would absolutely thrive in Germany or Holland too) - no pace, no hold-up or link-up play, minimum workrate - just a finisher really.

Sell BAE and with Pienaar bring in Baines

Sign Vertoghen 9m

Sign Adebayor 15m

Sign Courtois 18m (I'd pay more)

------------Adebayor-------------
-------Bale-----------VdV--------

Baines-Modric-Huddlestone-Walker

---Vertonghen--Kaboul--Dawson---

--------------Courtois----------------

Sign Vertoghen 9m

Sign Adebayor 15m

--------------Courtois----------------[/QUOTE

Why would you want to weaken our left back position?

Sign Vertoghen 9m

Sign Adebayor 15m

--------------Courtois----------------

5-2-3? In effect that is what we will play, not a formation I'd like to see us try. Doesn't really look any good at all. Put Bale on the left and shove Hazard or Remy or somebody else in alongside Ade and Rafa and we might have a decent thing. Also Lennon on for Walker, if we're going with this then we might as well have somebody who can provide some goals and assists. Good shout for Courtois though, but I can't see Chelsea selling him to us.

That formation is more against park the bus teams.

I think you need to be more central when playing these teams, no point playing with the wingers as they don't have anyone to cross to most of the time, especailly when Adebayor comes wide to feel involved. Quite easily swap Bale and Baines and bring in a striker #10 type. Obviously Lennon and walker could be swapable.

I'm bias choosing Hudd, but with Parker and Sandro, we have a very decent central 4 punch which IMO doesn't need changing.

Back